Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logistics Company

Options
  • 28-06-2013 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am after moving into a unit in Greenouge in Rathcoole, just took a share in small one.

We have grown a bit over the past year, selling energy efficient lighting and Power Distribution solutions.

Basically one of the new ranges we have taken on requires us to get involved with a logistics company, I have a van for small deliveries but sales are now leading to pallets being delivered around the country, mainly Galway to be honest.

If it keeps like this I will have to either take a larger unit, not ideal or outsource the warehousing to a company.
    I would ideally like to keep the stock nearby, so googling companies in Rathcoole for this I have come up with Johnston Logistics, Toner Transport and PRL Group. Now I obviously see these lads every day, and drive past Johnston Logistics coming in from Naas.

Have done a bit of research on google. Johnston Logistics seem to be the best fit, as PRL Group seem to be more food and chilled and Toner Logistics dont seem to have warehousing.

Any one know anything about these 3 or point me in the direction of another company in Rathcoole

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If i was you in that situation, I would be looking for a Galway based freight company who deliver to Dublin everyday but go back with a empty truck or half load. Try Langan, Lynx or Pallet Express, you need to keep the cost down as much as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

We use JMC Vantrans for pallet lots all over Ireland, generally next day delivery and very keen pricing. They also offer logistics services. We have been dealing with them for over 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Thanks very much lads, will make a few phone calls this afternoon and see where I go.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

For a couple of reasons, this is playing out the way I hoped.
    So its going on the back burner for a while, as I am going to sort out a few in-house things.

Thanks for the help lads.

As a side note, just found dealing with the different companies interesting. More their attitude in bringing on new customers was different. I thought it would all be the same. Some very open and helpful, other less so and more just about the hard sell rather than whats good for me.

Advertisement