Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security camera help

Options
  • 29-06-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi, I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this post. I'm hoping someone can help me.
    I want to install a security camera to the outside of a building I have about 5 miles from where I live. I also want to view it through my laptop. After looking up some cctv sites I came away more confused! Apart from the camera what else do I need for the installation?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems.
    The easiest way to do this is connect the camera to a DVR with a network card which will connect it to your broadband on site.
    It can can be viewed from any where via mobile phone or PC etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Thank you for your help. It's made it much clearer what I have to do.
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joed77

Hey,

Smiley Girl,

What are the prices looking like regarding the camera needs you are incurring ........??

Are they reasonable,....................????

I'm from the U.S.A.

Sincerely,

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

joed77 wrote: »
    Hey,

Smiley Girl,

What are the prices looking like regarding the camera needs you are incurring ........??

Are they reasonable,....................????

I'm from the U.S.A.

Sincerely,

Joe

Hi Joe,
    To be honest I didn't get that far when I was looking. I got overwhelmed by it all and didn't know exactly what I needed, hence this post!
    I don't have broadband where I need the camera, so that option is out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brad_ady77

If you don't have broadband on site,you need to use a wireless link.Most of them will cover 3-4 km but you can find links for up to 10 km.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Morkel28

I thing some of the cctv cameras have option that you can see the video online by using the gsm technology.I think you buy one of them that will help you to monitor your security camera from your laptop as well as from your mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Morkel28 wrote: »
    I thing some of the cctv cameras have option that you can see the video online by using the gsm technology.I think you buy one of them that will help you to monitor your security camera from your laptop as well as from your mobile phone.

Hi guys I'm in the process of building a house and have been wondering about installing a camera for security but there is no power on site and don't know where to look or what I'm really looking for, ill be living about 4/5 k from the site, iv looked on the net briefly but haven't had any luck but then I'm not sure what I'm looking for, any help would be great?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 brad_ady77

Most of cameras are working on 12Volts ,so you can use a car baterry.

Advertisement