Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Cheque Lodgement

Options
  • 29-06-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to lodge a cheque to my BOI account today. I know that some ATMs allow me to do this but I haven't been able to find out which ones.  Do you have a list?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Sorry, I didn't realise I'd posted this in BOI area twice.  I thought I'd put one query into a more general banking area.

To answer my own question, it's called a lodgement ATM or LATM, (I got lucky with one of my google search terms) and found the discussion below.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056655858/4

24 hour cheque lodgement at Walkinstown and Stillorgan it seems.  There might be more now but Walkinstown will do me fine.  Thanks to anyone who took a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi mrroboito.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You are indeed correct, there are currently Lodgement ATMs in Walkinstown and Stillorgan. We also have one in Terenure and another in Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo.
    There is a self service lobby in our O'Connell Street branch which also has a Lodgement ATM. The opening hours for this are 8am-6:30pm Monday-Friday and 9am-5pm Weekends and Bank holidays.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

The machine in Walkinstown worked for withdrawals but kept spitting out my cards when I tried to make a lodgement to either of my current accounts last Saturday. Utterly useless and a far from positive experience overall given the lengths I had to go to to get any information about them in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi mrroboito,

Thanks for posting.

We checked this for you and a jam occurred on the external lodgement ATM on Friday evening.
    This prevented the lodgement function from working.
    The ATM/Withdrawal function was not effected by this.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Billy

Billy, I'm sure you are sincere when you apologise for inconvenience and technical glitches aside the fact is that I spent more than an hour, including calling Banking365, looking for information that should be easy to get. I'd be happier to think that someone is more concerned with making this information readily available than apologising to me on boards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi mrroboito, 

Thanks for the post. 

Banking 365 would not be made aware of an issue with an individual ATM.
    The feedback we receive on our social media channels is passed on to the relevant departments. 
    I have passed your comments to the branch network. 

Thanks

Billy

You miss my point, i'm not concerned about the machine, i'm annoyed that it took me more than an hour, including speaking to banking365 customer service (no help on this particular issue though often very useful in the past), to even find out where the machines are or what they are called. The problem with the machine just compounds this annoyance.
    I'm happy to hear that my problem has been forwarded to another department, I hope it is the relevant department.

Advertisement