Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Things to do in Cork today?????

Options
  • 29-06-2013 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi just trying to think of something to do today to pass the time.
    So if anyone could give me a tip on where to go?

Maybe something besides the obvious , Blarney Castle, the Blackrock castle the womens jail?

Something to enjoy the day?
    Not too far of a spin either maybe an hour max away.

Thanks all :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

What about fota wildlife park and gardens?

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Hi just trying to think of something to do today to pass the time.
    So if anyone could give me a tip on where to go?

Maybe something besides the obvious , Blarney Castle, the Blackrock castle the womens jail?

Something to enjoy the day?
    Not too far of a spin either maybe an hour max away.

Thanks all :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

What about fota wildlife park and gardens?

Sorry should have added that to my list I have been there a good few times , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Blarney is a bit expensive you've to pay just to go into the grounds so I wouldn't bother although there is a nice cafe in the village.

I haven't visited this myself yet but a walk near The Lee Fields and maybe a visit to The Lifetime Lab could be good?
    http://www.lifetimelab.ie/comevisitus/

The Cork Midsummer Festival is on so there should be some events on for that

There is a nice walk out around Monkstown http://www.passagewestmonkstown.ie/cross-river-ferry.asp

Blackrock would be good too - there is a market there on Saturdays and then you could visit the castle

Are you looking for something outdoors , good for kids etc.?

I'm from Blackrock area and have already done with lifetime lab when working outside it one day the man there brought us in for a look.
    I don't have Mahy options I'd say as we have seen alot.

It's just me and girlfriend (Mid 20s) looking for something to pass the day before a drink tonight,

Thanks very much

The Ballycotton cliff side walk is nice - could be a bit muddy today, call into The Black Bird for a drink afterwards or drop into Ballymaloe cafe

Go for a walk in Killeagh Woods and then food or a drink afterwards in The Old Thatch

A trip out to Crosshaven

The donkey sanctuary in Mallow? - not very familiar with Mallow but I'm sure there would be somewhere nice for lunch

Barryscourt Castle followed by a meander around Carrigtwohill and Castlemartyr - http://www.heritageireland.ie/en/South-West/BarryscourtCastle/

A tour of UCC

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

• Advertisement

I'm from Blackrock area and have already done with lifetime lab when working outside it one day the man there brought us in for a look.
    I don't have Mahy options I'd say as we have seen alot.

It's just me and girlfriend (Mid 20s) looking for something to pass the day before a drink tonight,

Thanks very much

Is the Lifetime Lab worth a visit do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

A spin down to kinsale for a nice lunch. Off to the beach for a stroll afterwards?

Laneyh wrote: »
    Is the Lifetime Lab worth a visit do you think ?

Well...
    If you have the interest im sure it is but for me I found it a little boring

murphym7 wrote: »
    A spin down to kinsale for a nice lunch. Off to the beach for a stroll afterwards?

Yes I'm thinking this will be it!! :-)
    Anything else in Kinsale that I could visit for an hour?
    Maybe a walk will do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Yes I'm thinking this will be it!! :-)
    Anything else in Kinsale that I could visit for an hour?
    Maybe a walk will do

A trip round Charles Fort is good, although your misses might not be that into it. There are boat trips from the quay around the harbour too.

• Advertisement

murphym7 wrote: »
    A trip round Charles Fort is good, although your misses might not be that into it. There are boat trips from the quay around the harbour too.

Kinsale and the fort it is, she is over the moon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Jes your not half demanding :) haha.. Well if you had any interest in going around looking at old buildings you could take a walk up around st. kevins cant go in but you can wonder around tis kinda nice to take a look. You could also go do some ladybird spotting and you could walk or cycle there...they are looking for these yellow ladybirds that are coming in wiping the irish bugs out look up the national wildlife page twill tell you all..Ladybugs came be found by the marquee

Milly33 wrote: »
    Jes your not half demanding :) haha.. Well if you had any interest in going around looking at old buildings you could take a walk up around st. Kevins?marquee

Where is this?
    Thanks for all yer help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry ye are probably done and dusted now. st kevins is kinda up towards sundays well on the long stretch of road youll see a big grey building it was turned into apartments and kevins is the big red one next to it. you can see it from the lee fields. you cant go into the building but you can walk around there is security up there sometimes but you can just ask and they will say culio

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

hang on asecond a young couple with feck all to do,,whats the world comming to at all,,,,listen lad get your good self a book about the art of love making and save the petrol money for some real rubber and start burning it

Well yesterday we had a great day.

A spin down to Kinsale towards Charles Fort.
    Parked up and had a walk around that brought us to the Bulman bar.
    With yesterday weather it was better than anywhere in the world.
    A car park come beer garden opposite the bar where we had a few drinks (partner on the cokes) :)
    We then ordered food at the bar to eat sitting on the wall across the way which was a lovely change lol.
    I had fish and chips and she had a crab sandwich.

After our drinks and dinner on the wall in the sun we strolled up to Charles Fort, 4 euro entry in and we had a nice walk around the old ruins.
    Great day and now with this weather it's back to square one ,

What will I do for the day today in this beautiful city in the sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

No sun today here in Blackpool I'm sorry to report:confused:

Dan Dare wrote: »
    No sun today here in Blackpool I'm sorry to report:confused:

Na nothing here either, I was told yesterday that today was meant to be one of the hottest of the year

Advertisement