Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine Swimming Pool

Options
  • 29-06-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just wondering has anybody brought toddlers swimming here and what its like? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Unless they have revamped in the last few years, there is no toddler pool.. it goes from 4 to 6ft..

Place itself is a little dated but clean.

Another option would be Aquazone in the NAC? They have great facilities for toddlers and kids.. have you tried there? It's not very far from Coolmine really..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You will need armbands for your toddler, apart from that it is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 the big show

Is there a kids pool and family changing facilities do u know please

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

There is a toddler pool with little slides and a pirate boat. They have changing cubicles there too.

ameee wrote: »
    There is a toddler pool with little slides and a pirate boat. They have changing cubicles there too.

I take it thats the nac ur talking about not coolmine was wondering about coolmine nac is quiet expensive thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Yes the nac is expensive especially as your toddler might not want to stay long. I have not been to coolmine because non members can only go at certain times. Went to finglas though they have a kids pool and changing room not sure how shallow the pool is but you could call and ask it cost nine euro for an adult and seven year old your toddler might be free though

Thanks am

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

My sister goes with her almost 2 year old once or twice a week for the past few months. There's some kind of family days there. But you need a basic swimming pool membership I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I take it thats the nac ur talking about not coolmine was wondering about coolmine nac is quiet expensive thanks

The NAC isn't in coolmine its in Snugborough across the N3.

The NAC is a super facility. But expensive. You can get discounts from Tesco points and links like that. Its gets very busy. Probably more suited to toddlers as theres shallow areas and play areas.

Coolmine Sports Complex is an old pool, and its very basic. Needs a lick of paint and the rest. But its reasonable. You don't have to be a member, but if you are a member its cheaper and you get access to member only time in the pool. Theres no toddler pool as such.

Finglas is another option a new pool but no toddler pool either apparently. Meant to be really nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I bring my nephews to Coolmine. You dont need to be a member but you do have to be aware of the Public Swim times.

I know it's from 2pm-4:30pm on a Saturday, I'm sure there are more. Only something like 3euro for yourself. If the child is small, they'll love it without the need for slides etc. Plus the life guard will give them little animal floats to play with if you ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I had a basic swim membership a few years ago. It cost 50 euro and you had to pay 3 euro per use. The advantage was that it gave you more swim time options as the times for non-members was only 2 sessions at weekends.

I found the water a good bit cooler than NAC so I rarely stayed much more than 30 mins with my 2 year old. We can spend a lot longer in NAC's Pirate section.

I feel that NAC is very expensive. It is only a reasonable price during school hours when it is quiet and even then the close off the slides and river thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ballymun has a great pool, my sister takes her kids there - big toddler pool and family changing cubicles. http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Locations/pages/ballymunleisurecentre.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

What about car parking,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

robertxxx wrote: »
    What about car parking,
    Plenty in Coolmine.

Advertisement