Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat + Buster Collar.

• 29-06-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Big problem. I think I've tied it tight enough to stop him from wriggling out of it, but he keeps on batting and scratching at the damn thing. I'm thinking of picking up the soft type at the pet store, but what can I do for now? Just let him go at it, stop him or what?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If the soft collar will do the job I'd get 1or 2. 1 of our cats had to wear the collar a few years ago. We couldn't get hold of a soft 1 and the cone was driving him mad. His injury was on his face so we cut the collar a lot shorter and put some surgical tape on the sharp edges. He couldn't get at the wound so the shorter length wasn't going to enable him to get at the wound. You can get a roll of the tape for under 2 euro in any chemist but sellotape might do the trick.

If you think about it cats use their whiskers to judge spaces and depth etc so it's gonna feel very unnatural to them to have the cone on, that and it must be very hard to get comfortable. Cutting it shorter made it easier for him to eat too. I hope he doesn't have to wear it for too long. Don't be tempted to take it off to give him a break though. Mr P did that and our chap tore some of his stitches and ended up having to wear it for an extra week.

Advertisement