Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple juice cider

Options
  • 29-06-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

i brewed some apple juice, it'll be about 9% :D. when it stopped fermenting i added a litre of apple juice to a seconry bin and transfered the brew into it. its been nearly a week and i'll bottle it shortly, only thing is its got that strong cider smell:P, but smells really dry, no sweetness:confused:. any advice what i should do? i was thinking of bottling it with a tsp sugar per bottle and hope it will mellow over time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

avfc1874 wrote: »
    i brewed some apple juice, it'll be about 9% :D. when it stopped fermenting i added a litre of apple juice to a seconry bin and transfered the brew into it. its been nearly a week and i'll bottle it shortly, only thing is its got that strong cider smell:P, but smells really dry, no sweetness:confused:. any advice what i should do? i was thinking of bottling it with a tsp sugar per bottle and hope it will mellow over time

Adding more sugar will only increase the alcohol content.

Add some sweetner tablets to the secondary batch.

I think the recommended amount was 200 tabs per 33l.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Adding more sugar will only increase the alcohol content.

Add some sweetner tablets to the secondary batch.

I think the recommended amount was 200 tabs per 33l.
    would i just throw the tabs in the bucket and then bottle it? would i still put a teaspoon of sugar per bottle to prime it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

avfc1874 wrote: »
    would i just throw the tabs in the bucket and then bottle it? would i still put a teaspoon of sugar per bottle to prime it

Yeah throw the tabs in the bucket and let them dissolve. The Lidl tabs work best. Its up to yourself whether you put more sugar in or not. Half my last batch had extra sugar added and half was left without.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Yeah throw the tabs in the bucket and let them dissolve. The Lidl tabs work best. Its up to yourself whether you put more sugar in or not. Half my last batch had extra sugar added and half was left without.
    thanks for advice. i like it dry but not that dry:D

Advertisement