Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Nissan Leaf from €20,990

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Morak Thun

Is the car in stock on the Island or will you have to order it ?

I'm waiting on PCP approval which is a intense process as a contractor, hoping to get white SVE with the 6.6Kw charger.

I'm sure you thought it through and the money you save on the faster charger you can put towards the granny charger. Though will you really need it ?

The car is ordered and should be with me in the next week or two. We have agreed that the discount will apply so I am hoping that it works out as planned.

I am thinking the granny cable will allow an emergency charge if the need arises, and is more for peace of mind than anything else. I don't plan to use it often, but may be glad to have it if I meet a charger that is not working.

The possibility may also arise that charging at work with an outside socket might be an option with the granny charger, and if so, it may prove to be a cost effective purchase.

Thanks for the website link. I will give it a look, and best of luck with your application. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Morak Thun

willynt wrote: »
    No other advantages but reduce the charge time by x2 on charge point able to provide 32amp (6.6kWh).
    Note that most of public charge points can deliver 22kWh, so no problem for the Leaf.

It's basically a different model of charger, and also the fitting has to support the 32amp of course.

Granny cable are limited to 10amp (~2.2kWh), so safe enough for any 13amp socket (and good quality wiring). I'm using granny cable as my only charger at home, as I do not qualify for free home charge point (2nd hand imported Leaf). I'm tempted to say that granny cable is a must if you travel around the island. Much convenient when staying at b&b or hostel with no charge point!

Just wondering about whether you qualify for a home charger or not.

I just had my charger installed, and the agreement I am reading over states that:

3. To be deemed a customer, the applicant must have purchased an electric vehicle under the SEAI electric vehicle grant scheme. For details on SEAI requirements please visit SEAI website (cannot post url). Alternatively, if an electric vehicle is first time registered in the Republic or Ireland then an application can be made to ESB via ecars email address (cannot post url). Such applications will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

Under alternatively, would this not include a foreign registered vehicle being imported and being registered for the first time here?

Advertisement