Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy in UL or LIT

Options
  • 29-06-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to become an accountant but I'm unsure wether to go to UL and study Business or go to LIT and study Accounting and Finance.
    Has anyone got any advice or has anyone done either courses? Really stuck and would appreciate some advice.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Go for Business in UL.
    Much better course in a much better college.

LIT can always be your second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Go for Business in UL and major in Accounting and finance.

Always found the Accounting lecturers to be helpful and there's also co-op. It'll give you the opportunity to work in an accountancy firm and possibly secure a position in a graduate program before the start of 4th year. If nothing else it'll give you experience which will be useful when applying for positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I went to UL and did accounting and finance in the Business with German program. Overall a good course and good tutors but beware that down the road when you're doing your professional exams you'll only get 5 exemptions from Business in UL and 9 from LIT. I've heard recently that you may get 6 in UL now but not sure about that.

Overall, after you graduate, having a degree from UL is looked at very well by employers and I'd recommend going there but in the long run, LIT wouldn't be disastrous after getting 9 exemptions and only having 5 left to do. Oh how that annoys me...... :D

Advertisement