Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible

Options
  • 29-06-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Missed getting to the bank yesterday to put my money in for my car insurance and phoned them up to try and pay with my girlfriends debit card only to be told that the payment is pending and even if she takes payment, ill still get charged the 15euro non diret debit payment charge.

What im wanting to know, is it possible to transfer the money from her bank to mine over the internet so the payment is there for monday morning when the insurance company goes to collect it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

yoloc wrote: »
    Missed getting to the bank yesterday to put my money in for my car insurance and phoned them up to try and pay with my girlfriends debit card only to be told that the payment is pending and even if she takes payment, ill still get charged the 15euro non diret debit payment charge.

What im wanting to know, is it possible to transfer the money from her bank to mine over the internet so the payment is there for monday morning when the insurance company goes to collect it.

Are you both with the same bank (for example both AIB). If so the transafer is instant, otherwise overnight and the next overnight run is monday night.

If the present the DD on Monday, you might still have time to lodge the money in the branch on monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Debits and credits due on a Monday are visible on internet banking once the clearing system updates on a Friday night. The general preference is that the customer pre-funds cheques/debits [i.e. the money is lodged the day before presentation - in your case Friday 28th June] however exceptions can be made. In some cases you might get away with lodging on the day but I wouldn't recommend it.

Depends entirely on the bank, how good your relationship is with them, the person who takes the call, how much authority they have, how automated their "unpaying system" is, do they have manual intervention etc.

Advertisement