Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick kitten

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Best of luck with the vets today. Hope wee Dude is feeling better soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just out from the vets now, she doesn't feel it's infections so either a foreign body (a string most likely as she couldn't feel anything) or some sort of intolerance to something that's taking a while to settle, so he got a long acting antibiotic and some anti nausea medication and we've to bring him back at 10 am tomorrow, if he's still no better then he has to be admitted on fluids with possibilities of X-rays :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Aw the poor pet, fingers crossed he will improve overnight. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sending good kitty vibes for Dude. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Poor little Dude! I hope he's feeling better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's a string or something akin to it. Good that the vet considered that so quickly. Hope it all works out for you. Definitely bring him in tomorrow to get the xrays if there is no improvement.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. He's sleeping off his trip to the vets, he needs to catch up on his sleep as he spent most of the night last night kneading on me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. He's sleeping off his trip to the vets, he needs to catch up on his sleep as he spent most of the night last night kneading on me!!

Hope he gets better asap, and that whatever us ailing him is easily cured. Poor baby

I thought he was doing better this morning, he was so much brighter and woke my up by nibbling on my chin and chasing my hand, but no, more V&D. Guess I'll have to see what the vets say at 10!

• Advertisement

I thought he was doing better this morning, he was so much brighter and woke my up by nibbling on my chin and chasing my hand, but no, more V&D. Guess I'll have to see what the vets say at 10!

Good luck, just logged on to see how dude got on overnight. Hope Vet sorts him out today!

Poor dude is off to hospital, the vet feels that it's probably gastroenteritis but he's in need of a drip :(

Oh the poor little fella. Hopefully a little time on a drip will help and his system will be back to normal soon. The joys of being an animal mammy!

Take care of yourself as I know the worry when they are sick is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ahh poor dude, but you know your vet will take really good care of him, even so he'll be very happy to get home. They've always taken very good care of Felix when he's had to stay in there for a while. Fingers crossed that he'll be home and causing chaos soon:)

Just rang them there to see how he is, he's eaten and kept it down so if he stays good for the night then they'll let him home in the morning :)

Thats good news, hopefully he is home in the morning! The drip will work wonders. Hope rhe other two don't miss him too much

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Thats good news, hopefully he is home in the morning! The drip will work wonders. Hope rhe other two don't miss him too much

The other two are absolutely delighted he's gone, they finally have me all for themselves again :P the only positive thing about dude being gone is that I've finally gotten the house cleaned again!! Washed and disinfected all beddings, food bowls, litter trays, crate, changed bed sheets in peace for a change, washed all the cat blankets and beds around the place and managed to mop the floors without getting little kitten paw prints all over the house :P still, I'd rather have a messy house than be without my baby!

Ok, don't what to be all doom and gloom here but, My cat Ben went on a trip also and he seemed to be getting better, eating and what have ya for a day or so. However, it wasn't long before he started up again.
    Has the vet definitely confirmed its not a foreign substance?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ok, don't what to be all doom and gloom here but, My cat Ben went on a trip also and he seemed to be getting better, eating and what have ya for a day or so. However, it wasn't long before he started up again.
    Has the vet definitely confirmed its not a foreign substance?

They have a strong suspicion that it's not because of the patterns of getting sick, and his stomach isn't painful at all when they touch it. That being said, if he does get sick or have the runs again over night then we'll be looking at bloods and X-rays to make certain that it's nothing more sinister. Apparently there is a bug doing the rounds amongst the cat community, 3 or 4 other people I know from cat shows all have sicky tummies, especially kittens. Strange thing is that we are all in seperate areas of the country!

They have a strong suspicion that it's not because of the patterns of getting sick, and his stomach isn't painful at all when they touch it. That being said, if he does get sick or have the runs again over night then we'll be looking at bloods and X-rays to make certain that it's nothing more sinister. Apparently there is a bug doing the rounds amongst the cat community, 3 or 4 other people I know from cat shows all have sicky tummies, especially kittens. Strange thing is that we are all in seperate areas of the country!

He won't though until he's back with yourself for a while and then it will start up again.
    I'd nearly just get the X-ray done to be certain.

• Advertisement

Aww it's so sad, Cream is wandering around the house going to all Dudes normal hiding spots and meowing to call him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Oh poor Dude, hope he gets better soon, it's awful when they're sick. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fitzg

Get better soon little Dude - thinking of you SillyMangoX and sending good vibes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Any news today Silly?

The vets rang there, he's in great form, hadn't got sick and is apparently playing with his water bowl! But they won't let him home until he passes something from his back end, so hopefully he will do some business during the day and I can have him home tonight!

Oh that is such fantastic news. I bet you never wished so much for a cat to poop:)

Look who's back :D

dh1_zpsbd6650cf.jpg

But he's not too happy about having a bald leg!!

dh2_zpsecf5d6a8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Hurrah, good news!

Excellent, The Adventures Of Dude can now continue :)

• Advertisement

Fantastic news! Dude looks very healthy big shiny eyes!!!

Advertisement