Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Radio doesn't automatically turn off

• 29-06-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I bought a new 2 DIN unit for a VW Touran.

It's got all the bells & whistles - e.g. radio/CD/GPS/Bluetooth and is working fine apart from it doesn't automatically turn off when the engine is turned off / key removed.

Any car I've had before the radio would just turn off when the key was removed.

With this one I need to make sure to manually turn off the unit.

Anyone any idea what I can do to get it to do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

The 12v constant an switched are mixed up on the harness. The one with co sat power is meant to be for storing presets etc and the switched one for powering in the unit. Does it save stations when you turn it off and on again?

You can swap the too wires in the connector block or wire in an ISO harness so any aftermarket radio will plug right in no bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Probably a red and yellow you need to swap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭frash

jumbone wrote: »
    The 12v constant an switched are mixed up on the harness. The one with co sat power is meant to be for storing presets etc and the switched one for powering in the unit. Does it save stations when you turn it off and on again?

You can swap the too wires in the connector block or wire in an ISO harness so any aftermarket radio will plug right in no bother

Yes stations are saved after restarting.

The unit came with what I presume is the harness you're talking about - this clicked into the old harness that came as part of the car's wiring.

So wiring it wasn't a big deal - the new unit just clicked into the old existing wiring via a connector - I didn't have to wire up any harness.

Do you think the harness that came with the radio was wired wrong?

I contacted the seller & he reckoned I might need a "canbus".
    He offered to sell me one but I don't know that it will fix it for sure.

Advertisement