Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Value Cocoa

Options
  • 29-06-2013 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey all,

I have recently become addicted to baking everything chocolate :D. However i am out of work and the cost of the cocoa 3.99 for a tin is breaking me. Can anyone recommend a cheaper option ? Also icing sugar:o.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Tesco cocoa and Tate & Lyle icing sugar from Lidl. What brand have you been buying for cocoa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 reach4thestars

Hi. I searched high up and low down in Lidl for icing sugar but couldnt see it :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

My local one has it above the freezer cabinets, with cooking chocolate, golden syrup, etc.

Thats great ill have a look again this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think the one I use is from Aldi (could be lidl as above) and I prefer it to Bourneville etc, much cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think the one I use is from Aldi (could be lidl as above) and I prefer it to Bourneville etc, much cheaper too.
    I've never seen cocoa in aldi or lidl just drinking chocolate. Must check again.

I've never seen cocoa in aldi or lidl just drinking chocolate. Must check again.
    The one I get has a creamy coloured tin, I think it's a bit darker than Bourneville. Definitely unsweetened cocoa, not drinking chocolate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

dee_mc wrote: »
    The one I get has a creamy coloured tin, I think it's a bit darker than Bourneville. Definitely unsweetened cocoa, not drinking chocolate :)

Thanks. Is it with the tea and coffee?

Thanks. Is it with the tea and coffee?
    Sorry no memory of that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've used that one too, I think it's in the baking section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco cocoa
    I have standard tesco cocoa http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256922678
    and it seems OK to me. However I saw warnings against tesco "value" cocoa, in the white packets.

Thanks everyone for your help :).

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I tried this as an experiment, bought it two months ago - think it was about €1.70, it worked perfect!

TESCO EVERYDAY VALUE FAT REDUCED COCOA POWDER

http://images1.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/61/126161.jpg?v=1

Advertisement