Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer 705

Options
  • 29-06-2013 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Thought I would share a quick photo of the Killer in an AGR tank

9166168579_15c3d12032_c.jpg

Anyone else with this atty find it a nightmare to get working just right or am I merely a huge idiot ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's a bit finicky alright, I know it's ins and outs to mollycoddle it into working fine, but it's not been a set-and-forget device for me.

What's it doing to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Well..long story short...

I had all sorts of problems getting it set in the AGR so it wasn't flooding. It seemed that if I so much as looked in it's general direction it would shift in the tank somehow and end up opening up the juice control until it flooded.

As it stands in the photo it 'appears' to be working ok. Been vaping away for an hour or more without flooding or dry hits. I must say the vapour quality is great...even with the supplied LR wick and coil set. It's rivalling my Aga T.

Once I get the hang of setting the Killer up I'm sure it will become second nature...a bit like all the swearing at the Aga when I first got it. I can rewick and coil the Aga in just a few minutes now rather than the hours of cursing it took initially. Seems all these devices have a fairly steep learnign curve.

Heaven knows where I would be without Youtube !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I've been humming and hawing over getting it for a while but it does seem like its a bit of work alright from what I read.

I had the spiral dripper before and sold if to Digby. I didn't take to it really at all so I'd imagine I'd find the same with the killer.

I go through good times and bad times with the spheroid too though.....all these things have their good and bad days I suppose.

This Killer is pretty frustrating.

The juice control seems to have such a tiny 'sweet spot' between no juice/dry hits and whoa..the dam has burst !

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Can't get mine to flood at all. ok to dry hit city, coiled it from 1.2 to 3.0 ohms with 3mm wick and tried every level of open pita

• Advertisement

I'm using one of the supplied coil/wick units at the moment and having to almost continually tweak the juice flow. For the last hour it's been great!

Can't say I'm looking forward to recoiling it. I might need to order a new pair of eyes before I start fannying around with non resistance wire :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

From that pic, it looks like the juice control is closed?

Mine is filled from the bottom, with the juice control slightly open (so it doesn't get stuck in the closed position and unscrew the killer when I try to open it), after the tank is sealed closed, then I open the juice control up full.

Never have any problems with flooding, the wick just seems to soak up what it needs?

The juice control is more open than in the photo now... but nowhere near fully.

Not sure the Agr tank is the best for it... have a simple tank arriving this week to try.

Bit the bullet today and built my first coil for this device. Aimed for 1.3ohm and got 1.5 so pretty pleased and it's working well.

Very frustrating to have to use the no-resistance wire which makes it quite a faff..hopefully it will get easier with practice.

I do like this atty a lot though and I haven't so much as touched the Aga-T since I got it.

changed tanks and the killer is so much better now :)

• Advertisement

I keep toying with the idea of the killer and tank but just can't convince myself that its any better than the spheroid, and its just so expensive that I wouldn't take a chance on it. I did get the spiral a good while ago and didn't take to it at all. The vape was too hot or something, no matter what voltage I used and my coils were fine so it wasnt shorting.

The killer seems to involve quite a bit of faffing and I'm not going down that route again.....the spheroid is pretty faff free except that the coils need replacing very frequently.

I keep toying with the idea of the killer and tank but just can't convince myself that its any better than the spheroid, and its just so expensive that I wouldn't take a chance on it. I did get the spiral a good while ago and didn't take to it at all. The vape was too hot or something, no matter what voltage I used and my coils were fine so it wasnt shorting.

The killer seems to involve quite a bit of faffing and I'm not going down that route again.....the spheroid is pretty faff free except that the coils need replacing very frequently.

how are wick coiing it?

2mm lassoo. Works well but I'm sure screwing the base on and off to top up is hard on the wick. Kind of wears it out a little bit. Maybe I'm too fussy too...although I think about every 3 or 4 days is common enough for the spheroid.

Advertisement