Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japanese Maple to fill gap in corner of site field

• 29-06-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

In the corner of our site, we have a gap where the two ditches should meet.

I am wondering what type of tree or big shrub that would grow high could I put in.

I was thinking maybe one of the Japanese maple variety that have a nice bright pink flowering would be nice there.

It would have a good height evergreen hedging to either side with a number of trees rising from hedging throughout the site around.

That is really why I want to add something with maybe bring a different colour to that corner of site.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 jason2010

A Japanese maple in very slow growing and will take years to reach a decent height... Try a Sambuca black lace. I have on in the garden. It will grow to over 3 metres in one season and then u just chop it back hard . It has nice pink flowers too. You can find some pics in google

• Registered Users Posts: 47 anxious1

thanks Jason2010, had a look at it on google, looks v.nice. Is it hard to maintain and does it have to be cut back every year?

Advertisement