Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe de Paris Butter

Options
  • 29-06-2013 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Can this be bought ready made anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I know that Knorr do a ready-made sauce, but I've only seen it here in Switz & never back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I know that Knorr do a ready-made sauce, but I've only seen it here in Switz & never back home.

Didn't know Knorr done one, would it be a bit crap?
    Done a steak for a Swiss student staying with me and he asked where was the sauce, I never heard of it so asked him what it was or what was in it but his english wasn't up to it.
    It was a perfect striplion, he looked he was eating a shoe.
    Googled the recipe, looks like a lot of work for a glorified garlic butter sauce.
    Will do the real one and compare with the packet, thanks.

PS any other dishes he might be missing from home?

Thanks.

The Knorr one would be alright.

An easier option for you would be to serve herb butter with the steak.

As for the steak - was is too well done for him? They tend to have their meat rarer over here.

As for comforts from home - simple things like serving a leafy salad with a main meal would probably go down well. They also go mad for BBQ/grilling during the summer.

I wouldn't bother trying too hard making Swiss dishes for him as they probably won't be like him Ma would make.

BTW - Where in Switz is he from?

Thanks thb

It's very funny you have hit the nail on the head with this guy.
    He told me that we" burn our meat too much"
    He is always going on about BBQ's, he won't eat salads.
    He is from just outside Geneva.
    ma and da have been over to check up on him, very nice people.

Ah, so he's 'Ein russischer' (Swiss-French). :)

Cold meats, cheeses (good ones - not your Dailylea or Calvita) & breads would probably be good. Also, simple pasta dishes.

• Advertisement

Nail on the head again, parents brought meat and cheese as a present, he loves raiding the fridge for both.
    I make a good Lasagne but when he's finished the red sauce is left to one side.
    The swiss cheese was the bizz, very strong.

Advertisement