Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Bill Pay phones work on Pay as you Go?

Options
  • 29-06-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just wondering do Bill Pay phones work on Pay As You Go?

I am about to buy off a new phone off a lad on DoneDeal, and just want to make sure it works.

He's due a upgrade in the middle of July, and has said to me that he will give it to me brand new straight after he gets it. He is a Vodafone Bill Pay customer.

I'm also with Vodafone, only problem is because I'm on Pay as you Go....

Just want to make sure that it would work, so please help if you can!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Yes,

Phones are locked to the network, not to the payment type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eoinmitch

DjFlin wrote: »
    Yes,

Phones are locked to the network, not to the payment type.

So I'll be able to use it no bother once I get it?
    Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

eoinmitch wrote: »
    So I'll be able to use it no bother once I get it?
    Thanks for the help!

Yes you will be able to use it, make sure the phone is Vodafone Ireland not UK

Be careful if getting specially expensive smartphones, you will find lots of cases here that after the phone was sold the seller reported it stolen, lost, etc and claiming it in the insurance as phone will get block and no use to you in Ireland.

Try to arrange to meet in his place so at least you have an address to go back to if any problems, doesn't matter how nice a genuine the seller sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eoinmitch

Thanks for that info!

I'll make sure I do!

Advertisement