Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I have yet try Badass. I hate salty foods that leave me parched - does she use much salt? Any opinions?

I would probably plump for a veggie option first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

In Dublin little ass burritos top of Dawson street Stephens green end best in the country IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ordered food from Casa de Burritos through Justeat tonight.

OMNOMONOMNOMNOMNOM! :D

Seriously delicious, massive portions and they delivered within 15 minutes of me ordering even though the estimate was 45.

First time ever ordering a burrito, and it won't be the last. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

sioda wrote: »
    In Dublin little ass burritos top of Dawson street Stephens green end best in the country IMO.

Will try there, thanks.
    Tried Pablo Picante before and wasn't really impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ordered food from Casa de Burritos through Justeat tonight.

OMNOMONOMNOMNOMNOM! :D

Seriously delicious, massive portions and they delivered within 15 minutes of me ordering even though the estimate was 45.

First time ever ordering a burrito, and it won't be the last. :)

Yeah got mine in 15 mins the other night too. Again, huge sized burritos. Now I want another!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's like the rivalry between Cheers and Gary's Olde towne Tavern (who's old enough to remember?:p) I propose a game of bowling to decide definitively which is the best burrito joint in Limerick.

As an aside (not too off topic I hope) why have Taco Bell never opened a branch in Ireland, I'm quite partial to a taco bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Casa Del Burritos is lovely. I got burritos in there twice and they were very nice.

Just don't get tacos in there. They haven't a clue what tacos are and don't have cilantro or limes or anything. It's basically an open, smaller burrito.

I was in Mexico working for a few weeks this year and my god you will not ever get close to how good the food is there. (Suadero corn tortilla tacos with salsa roja, salsa verde, cilantro and lime, christ above!!!), but these burritos, even though i think burritos are tex mex are pretty damn good. Well worth a lash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Casa Del Burritos is lovely. I got burritos in there twice and they were very nice.

Just don't get tacos in there. They haven't a clue what tacos are and don't have cilantro or limes or anything. It's basically an open, smaller burrito.

I was in Mexico working for a few weeks this year and my god you will not ever get close to how good the food is there. (Suadero corn tortilla tacos with salsa roja, salsa verde, cilantro and lime, christ above!!!), but these burritos, even though i think burritos are tex mex are pretty damn good. Well worth a lash!

You do realise cilantro is just another name for coriander right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

source wrote: »
    You do realise cilantro is just another name for coriander right?

Yeah I know. But I've never eaten it in Ireland or europe for that matter so I just call it cilantro as I was living in Canada and having it frequently in burritos and tacos. My english is all ****ed up I'm only back over a month!:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Just had my first burrito from casa.

Decent meal. Tasty and generously filled. Hot sauce was hot enough too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭squonk

I had a beef burrito from Casa a week or two ago. I wasn't that impressed. I much prefer carnitas admittedly so I don't get why you'd open a burrito place if you don't do carnitas for religious reasons. It's a waste. The quantity was grand but it was a bit tasteless I thought. I'd have really appreciated some hot sauce with it but I had it delivered so didn't have anything to hand. The sauces they used in making the burrito were't very hot at all. I was disappointed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There has been feedback in the past where posters feel that mods shouldn't be deleting posts and should just move them to another thread. As it's not possible to always move posts to an appropriate thread this thread will be used as a holding ground for move threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

casa in Ennis started off alright but has been TERRIBLE for the past 6 months, don't know how ye think it's decent. nearly put me off burritos until I was born again getting my fix in Pablo and Boojum in Dublin

was in Limerick today and decided to checkout badass again. first, it took me ages to find the new location. no address on the facebook page! or a yelp page or anything. then it said it was open until 8pm but was closed shut at 6pm. pretty annoying but I thought it was a decent burrito when I first checked it out on o'connell street

casa in Ennis started off alright but has been TERRIBLE for the past 6 months, don't know how ye think it's decent. nearly put me off burritos until I was born again getting my fix in Pablo and Boojum in Dublin

was in Limerick today and decided to checkout badass again. first, it took me ages to find the new location. no address on the facebook page! or a yelp page or anything. then it said it was open until 8pm but was closed shut at 6pm. pretty annoying but I thought it was a decent burrito when I first checked it out on o'connell street

I live near Badass - well its on my route into town and i have not seen it open in maybe the past 5 days. I have passed at various times - maybe its closed down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Parchment wrote: »
    I live near Badass - well its on my route into town and i have not seen it open in maybe the past 5 days. I have passed at various times - maybe its closed down?

Wouldn't surprise me. The place wasn't ran like a business at all. More like something to do when there was nothing else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It was open last Saturday anyway. Seems to have very limited opening hours

It was open last Saturday anyway. Seems to have very limited opening hours

It is open when she wants to open. It won't change. Don't bother with any listed times, call the phone to see if she is open. Better yet, use facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Amazing they are still open given the half assed approach to business while other places fail despite working their asses off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭RINO87

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It is open when she wants to open. It won't change. Don't bother with any listed times, call the phone to see if she is open. Better yet, use facebook.

It really is a pity because she has a really great product in my opinion, the food is damn tasty!! Best in limerick by miles and on a par with anywhere else in the country, but it's not on not being open consistently, on more than a few occasions I have gone down there really looking forward to a burrito only to find the place locked up! I was ready to hand over my cash but couldn't. The food is good so I'm not gonna get turned off the place, but if you wish to grow a business this is not the way to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

RINO87 wrote: »
    It really is a pity because she has a really great product in my opinion, the food is damn tasty!! Best in limerick by miles and on a par with anywhere else in the country, but it's not on not being open consistently, on more than a few occasions I have gone down there really looking forward to a burrito only to find the place locked up! I was ready to hand over my cash but couldn't. The food is good so I'm not gonna get turned off the place, but if you wish to grow a business this is not the way to do it.

I've heard and read a lot about it on this thread but to be honest she's been open every single time I called in (probably 5 or 6 times in total) so I guess I'm lucky in that respect, I suppose it would leave a sour taste if I had gone in and she was closed.
    I've said it here before though and I agree with you that her product is miles ahead of her competitor down by the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

I pass the place twice a day going to and from work, it hasnt been open in a week. Ive eaten in there a few times love it, however ive often gone out of my way to go there and its been closed. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Amazing they are still open given the half assed approach to business while other places fail despite working their asses off.

Well it obviously tells you there is a big demand for good quality burritos. If somebody opened up offering a viable alternative she'd either have to up her game or close.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Well it obviously tells you there is a big demand for good quality burritos. If somebody opened up offering a viable alternative she'd either have to up her game or close.

Maybe she just does it as a hobby and has money to sustain her from elsewhere - for some reason thats the vibe i get from there.

cronin_j wrote: »
    I pass the place twice a day going to and from work, it hasnt been open in a week. Ive eaten in there a few times love it, however ive often gone out of my way to go there and its been closed. Madness.

Credit where credit is due, she does a mean Burrito in terms of the filling but I haven't a clue how she is still open with the way she deals with the public in terms of her opening hours. It's utterly bizarre.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due, she does a mean Burrito in terms of the filling but I haven't a clue how she is still open with the way she deals with the public in terms of her opening hours. It's utterly bizarre.

Oh i wouldn't take that away from her, I guess that's what's so infuriating as a customer, the product she is selling is excellent, if it was shíte, I think most people wouldn't be bothered!

Sign now up saying it wont be open until 13th Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

As had been said before she obviously has money, more of a hobby really.

Couldn't imagine most businesses shutting up for a few weeks while still paying rent and rates. Just need to find out how she made her money so I can emulate her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

cronin_j wrote: »
    Sign now up saying it wont be open until 13th Feb.
    As had been said before she obviously has money, more of a hobby really.

Couldn't imagine most businesses shutting up for a few weeks while still paying rent and rates. Just need to find out how she made her money so I can emulate her!

The latent accountant in me would be very curious about this too!
    Not that I'm a cynic or anything, just that I suffer from a hyper-active imagination :)
    Her burrito's are good, can't knock them but the lack of any consistency around opening hours is frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I was in there a few weeks back and she mentioned she was heading back to San Fran for a few weeks early in the new year.

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks back and she mentioned she was heading back to San Fran for a few weeks early in the new year.

I gues a small business owner has no option but to close when she goes on holidays.

Advertisement