Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Red King wrote: »
    So there was a big hoopla about her having a stall at the Milk Market but it seems like it was all over in the blink of an eye. Post on Facebook about it not being financially viable.

I'll give the late opening less than a week before we see a similar announcement

Can you post a link for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

So there was a big hoopla about her having a stall at the Milk Market but it seems like it was all over in the blink of an eye. Post on Facebook about it not being financially viable.

I'll give the late opening less than a week before we see a similar announcement

In fairness she probably picked the worst time of the year to start down at the market, the Friday Food Market had gathered a bit of momentum towards the end of the summer but it's been very cold the last few Friday so I'd say business was very slack up there. I try to support it any Friday I am visiting Limerick, but numbers in general are poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

is it the burrito bar or centra on O Connell St that is opening until 03:00?

I assumed it was the Centra from reading previous posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

mitresize5 wrote: »
    is it the burrito bar or centra on O Connell St that is opening until 03:00?

I assumed it was the Centra from reading previous posts

No.....Badass Burritos which is what this thread is mostly about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

The facebook page is an absolute trainwreck. Most of the customer posts are people just trying to figure out if they're actually open on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I checked out Badass Burritos for the first time on Friday. Was really happy with it. She seemed very pleasant to everybody who came through the door, but I agree there could have been more guacamole!!

It's a good way to get some good value sustenance on a Friday evening before the pints start flowing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Oi loikes a nice burrito, Oi does. And the Cornstore on Thomas Street does a delicious one with steakchips quite reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Went to Badass this evening purely because of the fuss here and I have to say it was lovely. I first tried a burrito from Burritos & Pizzeria and after having it I swore off them because it tasted so strange but the one I had today was wonderful, felt like I could actually taste everything and will be going back again if I ever need something quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Went to Badass this evening purely because of the fuss here and I have to say it was lovely. I first tried a burrito from Burritos & Pizzeria and after having it I swore off them because it tasted so strange but the one I had today was wonderful, felt like I could actually taste everything and will be going back again if I ever need something quick.

That's actually the issue people have. She actually has a good product and people want to buy it, just the mad opening times. To be fair it's steady now, she brought the confusion on herself though. She just decides not to open when she goes to San Fran for example. But I suppose that's her perogative.

One complaint I'd have is that her hot sauce is weak. She should get on to the guys behind MICs chilli in Wicklow and buy a big bucket of inferno sauce. Now that **** would put hairs on your chest.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think she adds extra tabasco on top of the "hot" salsa for people who like it hotter, but it's still too mild for a lot of people! :D

I've taken to making my own guacamole and salsa at home over the last few months for home-made chicken fajitas/mince burritos. Saves me a fortune really, 'cause I'd have been treating myself in that place every weekend otherwise. Haven't found a decent replacement for the beans though.

• Advertisement

Tried to order a few times online using justeat.ie but literally every time I've checked she seems to be closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Tried to order a few times online using justeat.ie but literally every time I've checked she seems to be closed.

Here we go again:pac:

Seriously her opening hours are fairly regular except when she is out of the country.

Seriously her opening hours are fairly regular except when she is out of the country.

Or closed for maintenance.
    Or sick.

According to her facebook page she's open late on Friday/Sat nights, justeat has her opening hours as 4pm-10pm and someone asking on her Facebook page was told she was open from 4pm-8pm. I've tried to order a few times over the past week at different times and she was closed each and every time.

Justeat is incorrect then. My understanding is that she closes at 8pm. She's doing a late night (starting at 12.30am) shift at weekends too.

Treepole wrote: »
    Or closed for maintenance.
    Or sick.

Or visiting someone in hospital.
    Or run out of ingredients
    Or the burrito making gods are not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Justeat has the opening hours as 12 - 8pm for me which is correct I think (in browser, not app if that makes a difference)?

They've been open everytime I've passed recently. Maybe just phoning in an order would be better if justeat is having issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Never tried this place. What would you recommend for something nice and filling and spicy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

seachto7 wrote:
    Never tried this place. What would you recommend for something nice and filling and spicy !

A burrito? :)

seachto7 wrote: »

The pork is outrageously good, it's up to you what you want on it but you'll pay for extras, the hottest salsa is fairly hot but not volcanic, if you're eating in you can add as much Mexican hot sauce as you like. It's well worth a shot, the burritos are excellent.

• Advertisement

The pork is outrageously good, it's up to you what you want on it but you'll pay for extras, the hottest salsa is fairly hot but not volcanic, if you're eating in you can add as much Mexican hot sauce as you like. It's well worth a shot, the burritos are excellent.

Technically eating "in" is eating out there! There are no seats inside and it will be fairly miserable outside today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A burrito? :)

Very funny. In terms of filling or is there much of a choice ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I see she has a post on Facebook from Friday evening at 1827 saying she was sold out, can't link to it. Unusual that a food establishment would need to close because they ran out of food.

I see she has a post on Facebook from Friday evening at 1827 saying she was sold out, can't link to it. Unusual that a food establishment would need to close because they ran out of food.

All her meats are slow cooked, it's unusual certainly but not unforgivable.
    I seem to take a more relaxed view of fast food than many others, if I see that a place isn't open I move on somewhere else, if a queue is too long I do the same, not the end of the world.

Tried ordering earlier only to see that she's closed again. According to the FB page they're open from 4pm-8pm tomorrow. I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to track down a unicorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Tried ordering earlier only to see that she's closed again. According to the FB page they're open from 4pm-8pm tomorrow. I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to track down a unicorn.

Only when you track it down, you'll find its a donkey with a kitchen roll insert for a horn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Called Friday for after pub food, thought it was late opening. Closed. It's bad form and the ran out of food thing is just bad planning. Slow cooked or not, she should have plenty food..its not that bloody hard.
    She's a nice lady, and the burritos are generally nice but either do it properly or don't do it all. She's only pissing people off the way it's being done at the moment.

I'm opening my own Burrito joint next year

vkid wrote:
    Called Friday for after pub food, thought it was late opening. Closed. It's bad form and the ran out of food thing is just bad planning. Slow cooked or not, she should have plenty food..its not that bloody hard. She's a nice lady, and the burritos are generally nice but either do it properly or don't do it all. She's only pissing people off the way it's being done at the moment.

What time was that?

You didn't get your Burrito. It's not the end of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Who said it was? You are either opening late or not. I like the food and she's always pleasant but its bad form.

Advertisement