Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

vkid wrote: »
    Who said it was? You are either opening late or not. I like the food and she's always pleasant but its bad form.

What time did you go there?

She's opening from 12.30am on to the early hours, as far as I know. So, maybe you were there before then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

25 pages and the opening hours are still causing confusion lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Treepole wrote: »
    I'm opening my own Burrito joint next year

Where and when are planning on opening it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

zulutango wrote: »
    What time did you go there?

She's opening from 12.30am on to the early hours, as far as I know. So, maybe you were there before then?

Pretty sure it was after that. Passed after 3 as well and closed, but I'd eaten at that stage anyway.

I'm not having a go at her. Anyone who gets up and starts a business is good in my book. But make up your bloody mind. You shouldn't have to check facebook to see if a takeaway has food or is open when they say they will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

All her meats are slow cooked, it's unusual certainly but not unforgivable.
    I seem to take a more relaxed view of fast food than many others, if I see that a place isn't open I move on somewhere else, if a queue is too long I do the same, not the end of the world.

Abolutely, I wouldn't be too fazed either. I'm more amused at how much hassle and how many people she annoys un-necessarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went past Badass yesterday and was surprised to see it open as I thought it was closed Monday and Tuesday. But it turns out that on her days off the owner is letting a Mexican couple run it making authentic Mexican street food. So you can't get a burritos but they do really nice chicken or beef tortillas. The meat was very tasty and the couple are lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

I had heard this on Facebook but wasn't sure it had started great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

A bit of advertising wouldn't go astray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

A bit of advertising wouldn't go astray.

Seen a good few posters all around UL advertising the authentic Mexican food with times and address.

Seen a good few posters all around UL advertising the authentic Mexican food with times and address.

They don't even have a post on their Facebook about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

They don't even have a post on their Facebook about it.

Sioda mentioned having seen it on Facebook so I looked and it is on the Badass FB page. It was posted on Feb 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭brianhickey

It's on this one that ~100 people like: https://www.facebook.com/Badass-Burritos-1395409414003987/?fref=ts

But not this one that ~2000 people like: https://www.facebook.com/Badassburritoslimerick/

Even her Facebook page(s) are a trainwreck.

If a decent rival opens she is toast.

She hasn't a clue how to run a business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Red King wrote: »
    Even her Facebook page(s) are a trainwreck.

If a decent rival opens she is toast.

She hasn't a clue how to run a business

That's a very patronising position. As long as the place is open and she's making a living that she's happy with, then she's successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

That's a very patronising position. As long as the place is open and she's making a living that she's happy with, then she's successful.

He's not wrong, the lady does not know how to run a business properly.

It's on this one that ~100 people like: https://www.facebook.com/Badass-Burritos-1395409414003987/?fref=ts

But not this one that ~2000 people like: https://www.facebook.com/Badassburritoslimerick/

Two facebook pages? And posting away on both of them.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

She makes damn fine burritos though and have been open for the bones of four years so she has to be doing something right.

shes the marmite of burrito makers as this thread is testament to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

On burritos, anyone know if Burritos and Pizzeria is still serving Castletroy or not? They're gone from the Just-Eat section for Castletroy and are in the Limerick City section, but they're on Marvin in the Castletroy section.

https://www.marvin.ie/limerick-city-co-limerick/burritos-pizzeria/?gclid=CjwKEAiA0ZC2BRDpo_Pym8m-4n4SJAB5Bn4xG8Uhcd-5Qx7IIWbzB-VdBpcJNUGL9rb0j6JwdOxyBRoC5F7w_wcB
    https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-BurritosandPizzeria-Limerick/menu

Haven't ordered from there in ages, and starting to get the cravings again. :pac:

(I know I could just ring them, but who wants to do that when I can just ask the internet?)

It is only open because she has practically zero competition and a high demand for the product.

A monkey could keep a burrito place open with a market like that.

If a competent competitor opens (wouldn't be hard) with consistent hours and run in a professional manner she will be finished

And no I wouldn't wish it on her, it is however infuriating to see a business with such potential being run in such a consistently unprofessional manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This thread annoys me more than any other on boards, can she not run her business as she pleases? Her opening hours are well advertised and she's entitled to take holidays without worrying about people here badmouthing her and wishing her out of business. She does a fantastic (yes, fantastic) burritto and is a very nice lady in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This thread annoys me more than any other on boards, can she not run her business as she pleases? Her opening hours are well advertised and she's entitled to take holidays without worrying about people here badmouthing her and wishing her out of business. She does a fantastic (yes, fantastic) burritto and is a very nice lady in my experience.

In fairness Swiper if people are annoyed by her running of the business as customers, can they not vent it? People also post on her Facebook page so I don't see the issue with saying it here.

If I had an unpleasant experience in an establishment in Limerick, I'd be certain to share my experiences just as you like to share your pleasant experiences about the place.

For me, it's quite simple. If you like the burritos and the owner, eat there. If you don't, eat elsewhere. I must agree, the second a burrito chain opens in Limerick, they will take over pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

FutureGuy wrote: »
    For me, it's quite simple. If you like the burritos and the owner, eat there. If you don't, eat elsewhere. I must agree, the second a burrito chain opens in Limerick, they will take over pretty quickly.

Casa De Burritos didn't last long at all, and the crowd who took it over don't make good burritos! >_<

An File wrote: »
    Casa De Burritos didn't last long at all, and the crowd who took it over don't make good burritos! >_<

They started well but went downhill quickly. For me, Boojum or Burritos and Blues would make an absolute killing in the city. I'm stunned one hasn't done so yet, but would be equally stunned if one wasn't open this time next year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

FutureGuy wrote: »
    They started well but went downhill quickly. For me, Boojum or Burritos and Blues would make an absolute killing in the city. I'm stunned one hasn't done so yet, but would be equally stunned if one wasn't open this time next year.

Aw, Boojum! Great point. I actually make a point of going there whenever I'm in Dublin. And the Galway one is nice and big. They have two in Belfast as well.

An File wrote: »
    Aw, Boojum! Great point. I actually make a point of going there whenever I'm in Dublin. And the Galway one is nice and big. They have two in Belfast as well.

Same as :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

Little ass burritos on Dawson street for me when in the big smoke.

I'd rather see Badass Burritos do well and with all the feedback the place gets there is no reason why it couldn't improve. She doesn't care because she hasn't any decent competition.

If any of the outlets mentioned above expand to Limerick she will be in serious trouble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

If you have a problem with a post report it. If you have a problem with a thread you don't have to read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1017964964961413&id=472092619548653

So she's on Facebook giving out about some burrito food truck outside penny's that's paying no rates etc.

Anyone checked out this food truck?! Any good?

I was in Limerick recently and she was closed so got a burrito in some centra on o'connell Street beside Eddie Rockets/rockin Joe's. Maybe it's because I was starving but it was pretty fecking good, way better than you'd expect a deli burrito to be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1017964964961413&id=472092619548653

So she's on Facebook giving out about some burrito food truck outside penny's that's paying no rates etc.

Anyone checked out this food truck?! Any good?

I was in Limerick recently and she was closed so got a burrito in some centra on o'connell Street beside Eddie Rockets/rockin Joe's. Maybe it's because I was starving but it was pretty fecking good, way better than you'd expect a deli burrito to be.

They driving up from Kanturk every day?

Advertisement