Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

So basically we can't talk about the biggest issue around badass burritos right now? Wow.

**Mod Note: Of course you can, thats why Clareman posted that.....

Don't go off topic please. Warning issued.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

yop wrote: »

**Mod Note: Of course you can, thats why Clareman posted that.....

Don't go off topic please. Warning issued.

I am not going off topic, we were just told not to post about the council etc so how exactly do we have a discussion about the topic at hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Settle it like men up by foxes bow lads. Uppercut! UPPERCUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have tried to tidy up this thread as much as possible, I might have accidentally moved some posts that would be more suitable in here, feel free to repost them if you think it would be suitable but please remember to keep this thread related to Buritos rather than business issues/sexisms/social media/council.

That was uncalled for. You've just killed a good and important discussion.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I am not going off topic, we were just told not to post about the council etc so how exactly do we have a discussion about the topic at hand?

If the issue is about their burritos then work away. If its related to "business issues/sexisms/social media/council" then don't.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

If the issue is about their burritos then work away. If its related to "business issues/sexisms/social media/council" then don't.
    Thanks

So we can talk about her food and NOTHING else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

This is the best thread in the limerick forum in ages.
    We have active discussion. New posters, lively engagement.
    It ebbs and flows and encompasses everything from changing environments for operating a small business, increasing customer expectations, limerick city and it's attitude towards new businesses, the council's role in supporting new business, social media marketing, the urban garden, an a hint of feminism.......

And now we can talk about where to buy pinto beans?

It's just words and discussion. Why set the parameters so narrow?
    It's impossible to make conversation interesting unless it becomes lively and engaged.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is the best thread in the limerick forum in ages.
    We have active discussion. New posters, lively engagement.
    It ebbs and flows and encompasses everything from changing environments for operating a small business, increasing customer expectations, limerick city and it's attitude towards new businesses, the council's role in supporting new business, social media marketing, the urban garden, an a hint of feminism.......

And now we can talk about where to buy pinto beans?

It's just words and discussion. Why set the parameters so narrow?
    It's impossible to make conversation interesting unless it becomes lively and engaged.

I agree 100% percent that it was a great discussion, but it's going completely off topic and the original reason for the thread (to discuss buritos) is completely lost while people are discussing facebook campaigns/council issues/sexism. I'm not trying to stifle discussion or to ban/warn anyone or hide/delete anything, I'm trying to clean up a thread.

So we can talk about her food and NOTHING else?

I'm sure you and everyone else has a fair idea of what can and can't be discussed. If your discussing the business keep it to common sense.

We don't want to kill the thread, but lads you know the limits on what we can and can't post. We can't make daft statements.

Think before you post please.

I'm sure you and everyone else has a fair idea of what can and can't be discussed. If your discussing the business keep it to common sense.

We don't want to kill the thread, but lads you know the limits on what we can and can't post. We can't make daft statements.

Think before you post please.

The thread was killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I'm not trying to stifle discussion or to ban/warn anyone or hide/delete anything, I'm trying to clean up a thread.

By removing a whole heap of posts which were extremely relevant and on topic?

No wonder this forum is going down the tubes.
    All that's wanted is nice safe topics,

"Where will I get shoes in Limerick?"
    "Have you tried the shoe shop?"
    "Thanks, this a great forum xxx"

I like burritos. Do you like burritos?

Treepole wrote: »

Yes, I like burritos too

zulutango wrote: »
    Yes, I like burritos too

I like salsa in my burrito. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

At this stage I'm afraid not to like burritos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

So is this a clean-up thread specifically for the Burritos thread? Or a catch-all cleanup thread for all posts that end up going off-topic from their respective threads?
    What constitutes as going off-topic here?

Burritos are great, especially those badass ones, yes sir they sure are great burritos.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

roast wrote: »
    So is this a clean-up thread specifically for the Burritos thread? Or a catch-all cleanup thread for all posts that end up going off-topic from their respective threads?
    What constitutes as going off-topic here?

Catch all for all threads, it's new and we've never tried anything like this before so we can see how it goes

By removing a whole heap of posts which were extremely relevant and on topic?

No wonder this forum is going down the tubes.
    All that's wanted is nice safe topics,

"Where will I get shoes in Limerick?"
    "Have you tried the shoe shop?"
    "Thanks, this a great forum xxx"

I moved them to another area, we didn't delete any posts. There is a lot of "he said/she said" going on an no representation for the people being accused of saying some things, be it the owner of Badass, the van or the Council, this didn't lead to a decent discussion on burritos but a free for all which decended into sexism discussions.

Catch all for all threads, it's new and we've never tried anything like this before so we can see how it goes

This is just going to end up killing discussions. I totally get why threads would have to be cleaned up, but dumping all the off-topic posts from various differing threads into one might just become unwieldy. It's just like the Random Waffle thread - for off-topic topics with no real discussion. Do we need two?

Sorry Clareman - not having a go at you, just trying to figure out the problem! :o

• Advertisement

roast wrote: »
    This is just going to end up killing discussions. I totally get why threads would have to be cleaned up, but dumping all the off-topic posts from various differing threads into one might just become unwieldy. It's just like the Random Waffle thread - for off-topic topics with no real discussion. Do we need two?

Sorry Clareman - not having a go at you, just trying to figure out the problem! :o

Sure we get given out about if we delete posts, we get given out to if we edit posts, we get given out to if we post warnings, we get given out to if we warn posters, we get given out to if we ban posters. Please believe me when I say that I don't want to do anything but sometimes some moderation is needed in discussions and all we're trying to do is get the right balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I moved them to another area, we didn't delete any posts. There is a lot of "he said/she said" going on an no representation for the people being accused of saying some things, be it the owner of Badass, the van or the Council, this didn't lead to a decent discussion on burritos but a free for all which decended into sexism discussions.

It was one user (and one other reply) who made it something about sexism. So, can I have discussion in another thread thrown in here by making a similar effort?

It was one user (and one other reply) who made it something about sexism. So, can I have discussion in another thread thrown in here by making a similar effort?

I don't know to be honest, we might start a new clean up thread for each thread where it's needed maybe

The sexism discussion was only a few light posts. Definitely didn't require the heavy handed approach of removing the quality discussion.

zulutango wrote: »
    The sexism discussion was only a few light posts. Definitely didn't require the heavy handed approach of removing the quality discussion.

Exactly. It was just one woman getting hysterical over a particular comment.

Tell you what, point out the posts that you think are to do with Buritto's and I'll move them back into the thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Tell you what, point out the posts that you think are to do with Buritto's and I'll move them back into the thread

I can see where you are coming from, many of the posts were not about burritos literally. However, the discussion is months old. Curtailing it at this stage was unexpected and broke up a genuine discussion about bad business practices and what a consumer expects from somewhere where they want to spend their money.

I can see it from your point of view too though, it was a thread about burritos at the start.

I dont like Burritos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I've ordered a few times from that 'Mexican' place on High Street/Cornmarket. Burritos and Pizzeria I think? Not the best Mexican food in town but it's open 7 days a week and hits the spot when needed.

• Advertisement

Sure we get given out about if we delete posts, we get given out to if we edit posts, we get given out to if we post warnings, we get given out to if we warn posters, we get given out to if we ban posters.

Then why not just split it out to another topic? I'm just saying, having what's essentially a "trash thread" doesn't seem feasible. There was a relevant discussion in there, perhaps not to the topic directly, but throwing them all into a catchall thread just disregards all of that discussion.
    Please believe me when I say that I don't want to do anything but sometimes some moderation is needed in discussions and all we're trying to do is get the right balance.

I do, and I know the struggle!

On a side note - the thread didn't discuss feminism. Just because it was touched upon doesn't mean it became a focus for active discussion; it didn't.

EDIT: Ahh, people got there before me. :p

Advertisement