Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

zulutango wrote: »
    I doubt that. Otherwise it would be a free for all. The Council has to control who sets up in the place, whether they have their own cabin/trailer or not, and insisting on the business being an existing rate payer would be a way to do this .

To operate the trailers you wouldn't really need to be a business already paying rates because you would be providing your own facilities unlike the cabins which belong to the council, would probably only need a trading licence and maybe pay daily rates for the spot like you would at a market to set up a stall.

Wouldn't really be a free for all seeing as you'd still have to get approval by the council to trade their and couldn't just pull up and start trading the same way you can't do it at matches, festivals or the market without first getting permission. The same way they probably got permission by the council to trade on the boardwalk on Wednesday mornings and were then invited to Pennys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Wait till they pedestrianise O'Connell Street and various food kiosks are set up. People will flock to Limerick for the pitched battles alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Wait till they pedestrianise O'Connell Street and various food kiosks are set up. People will flock to Limerick for the pitched battles alone.

I heard the battle on william street the other day was over a location for a lemonade stand....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

She just deleted the thread on her Facebook a minute ago. She needs to be put out of business by Boojum or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Get inta him get inta him backhand now backhand!

• Advertisement

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    She just deleted the thread on her Facebook a minute ago. She needs to be put out of business by Boojum or something.

I say chums, it is terrible that person X's protests shutdown person Y. Wouldn't it be terrific if persons Z shutdown person X?

Does not compute. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Kev_2012 wrote:

Wouldn't wish her to be put out of business.

A boojum likely would though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I say chums, it is terrible that person X's protests shutdown person Y. Wouldn't it be terrific if persons Z shutdown person X?

Does not compute. :confused:

Probably because she did it in a very sour manner despite her business not being open half the time. Being put out of business by a superior business without a chip on it's shoulder is not the same.

I've tried to go there about 5 times and it's always bloody closed so I say good riddance, especially now that she got rid of another place. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

She must be feeling a bit of heat from all the backlash, badass just deleted all the comments on the facebook page.

Laaaaads....im fooking starving now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

She must be feeling a bit of heat from all the backlash, badass just deleted all the comments on the facebook page.

Really? :D Yes, that will make it all go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

ya, i'd love a burrito now...don't care who makes it ;-)

Just a point, even if she was on a list for the urban garden, do we know for sure the other crowd were not also on the same list...and possibly higher up that she was. We really only have her side of the story to go on.

Either way she really handled this badly...going so public won't win her many friends either in the council or with her own customers or people who saw the facebook stuff. Boosting the most recent post was a terrible decision on her part.

The funny thing is, if she put her mind to it, should could have a really good business too...the demand is there and her burritos are decent. I wasn't mad about the ones from the van, but they had a much bigger menu and was going to try more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Whoever is responsible for this mess in the council/urban garden must hang their head in shame. They have created a situation which has pitted two businesses against each other.

The result is 1 business closed, another severely damaged and negativity towards the urban garden project

The lady in Badass was within her rights to feel aggrieved. If there was a rational reason for not awarding her the right to trade there, why not just tell her? For example, "we see your shop closed and don't think you can deliver, go away and proof you can consistently deliver". or "we will allow the van to trade there until you have proven yourself" or "the van has a local limerick partner" ............whatever.

Instead, she was stonewalled and this thing was left to fester.

Badass made a complete mess on facebook naming the competition personally. There are now people posting comments recommending a boycott of her business! Shocking stuff.

Is there anything to said for another mass?
    IMG_8212.jpeg

Does anyone have a number for the "Van" crowd....they could come to my office...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I'd rather she just make a statement or offer an apology or something, anything. By just deleting the comments and keeping schtum, she is only making it worse for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

dashoonage wrote: »
    Does anyone have a number for the "Van" crowd....they could come to my office...

It's on their facebook page, "mexican food dudes"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Whoever is responsible for this mess in the council/urban garden must hang their head in shame. They have created a situation which has pitted two businesses against each other.

The result is 1 business closed, another severely damaged and negativity towards the urban garden project

The lady in Badass was within her rights to feel aggrieved. If there was a rational reason for not awarding her the right to trade there, why not just tell her? For example, "we see your shop closed and don't think you can deliver, go away and proof you can consistently deliver". or "we will allow the van to trade there until you have proven yourself" or "the van has a local limerick partner" ............whatever.

Instead, she was stonewalled and this thing was left to fester.

Badass made a complete mess on facebook naming the competition personally. There are now people posting comments recommending a boycott of her business! Shocking stuff.

As far as I am concerned, she has brought all this on herself when she asked the Facebook friends to get involved. So if someone wants to boycott her, that's their choice.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned, she has brought all this on herself when she asked the Facebook friends to get involved. So if someone wants to boycott her, that's their choice.

Was she not justified in feeling aggrieved at a business getting preferential treatment over hers?

The real culprits here are the Council and the question remains as to why Food Dudes got that preferential treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was she not justified in feeling aggrieved at a business getting preferential treatment over hers?

The real culprits here are the Council and the question remains as to why Food Dudes got that preferential treatment.

We really cant say if it was preferential as we dont have all the facts. The MFD had a trailer and not a cabin so maybe the same rules for the cabins didnt apply.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    We really cant say if it was preferential as we dont have all the facts. The MFD had a trailer and not a cabin so maybe the same rules for the cabins didnt apply.

So, if they were fully compliant and everything was above board, why aren't they still there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

zulutango wrote:
    So, if they were fully compliant and everything was above board, why aren't they still there?

If everything wasn't in order, why were they there in the first place....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Being bombarded with phone calls by people who Badass got to ring in it was probably better to ask Mexican Food Dude to move the trailer for a bit until they sort it out. It would be a lot easier then trying to explain to each person who rings why they are there and Badass is. Either way it makes the council look weak that they succumbed to social pressure, bet they wouldn't back down this easy about their bridge.

moleyv wrote: »
    If everything wasn't in order, why were they there in the first place....

Good question. A screw up, or something more sinister?

Being bombarded with phone calls by people who Badass got to ring in it was probably better to ask Mexican Food Dude to move the trailer for a bit until they sort it out. It would be a lot easier then trying to explain to each person who rings why they are there and Badass is. Either way it makes the council look weak that they succumbed to social pressure, bet they wouldn't back down this easy about their bridge.

There is no way the Council would cave like that. They'd leave themselves open to legal action.

It doesn't look like they succumbed to social pressure, but that somebody either fecked up or something improper happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

As far as I am concerned, she has brought all this on herself when she asked the Facebook friends to get involved.

You really don't think the people responsible for making the decisions had a role to play in this?
    So if someone wants to boycott her, that's their choice.

Wow. You are ok with a boycott of a local limerick business?
    I really just cannot get my head around this at all.

This thread bothers me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

You really don't think the people responsible for making the decisions had a role to play in this?

Wow. You are ok with a boycott of a local limerick business?
    I really just cannot get my head around this at all.

This thread bothers me.

Personally I wouldnt call for a boycott of any business, but it happens all the time. I know people who won't set foot in popular pubs and restaurants in Limerick and beyond because of their experiences in the same establishments and will openly tell people the story if the same place is mentioned. Its a risk every business has..Word of mouth is powerful.

This whole thing was blown wide open with how public it was made. That comes with risks.

I'd still murder one of her burritos now though

People openly calling for a boycott should be ashamed of themselves. That's downright nasty. It's also stupid seeing as nobody seems to be in full knowledge of the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

People openly calling for a boycott should be ashamed of themselves. That's downright nasty. It's also stupid seeing as nobody seems to be in full knowledge of the facts.

Kind of like rallying people to phone the council without full knowledge of the facts?

Advertisement