Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Kind of like rallying people to phone the counsel without full knowledge of the facts?

Has anybody said that was right?

Do you know all the facts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

zulutango wrote: »
    Has anybody said that was right?

Do you know all the facts?

Do you know all the facts??

Because one thing we do know is that a company in our town lied through their teeth to get a competitor closed down.

Lied to all her customers saying the competitor was from Kanturk when in fact they were not!! I am not calling for a boycott but getting someone business closed down for her own gain is down right disgusting putting it lightly..

Absolute disgrace that the people in this town her bidding for her aswell , that makes it even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

RVN10 wrote: »
    Do you know all the facts??

Because one thing we do know is that a company in our town lied through their teeth to get a competitor closed down.

Lied to all her customers saying the competitor was from Kanturk when in fact they were not!! I am not calling for a boycott but getting someone business closed down for her own gain is down right disgusting putting it lightly..

Absolute disgrace that the people in this town her bidding for her aswell , that makes it even worse.

The council are in a real nasty nasty spot of bother if what you say is true! It would be beyond inept if they couldn't cross the Ts and dot the Is on this.

RVN10 wrote:

You might enlighten us, how did she get them closed down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

To all our lovely customers, we're sorry to say that we have been ordered by Limerick City Council to close as from today at the Urban Garden ! We hope to update you soon with positive developments. Thank you all for your wonderful custom and we look forward to serving you soon again.

https://www.facebook.com/foodnfusions

To me that sounds like they are currently closed down where they were...

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Now you might enlighten us as to how she closed them down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

You might enlighten us, how did she get them closed down?
    • By encouraginng her facebook followers to ring the council(and provided names etc.)
    • By naming the owners of Mexican food dudes and mentioning that they were not from Limerick which was a lie
    • By implying cronyism and preferential treatment went on amongst the mexican food dudes and the council(while having no proof of this)
    • By getting onto various local TD's and encouraging her followers to do so also
    TL;DR she whipped up a frenzied social media mob to campaign against the food truck to the council. Not only that, but mexican food dudes and the owners also were at the receiving end of social media bullying(according to one of the owners fb pages). Council probably caved in from the pressure(especially if multiple TD's were on the case) and asked them to move on.

Think about it though, if it were a soup and sandwich truck rather than mexican food, do you think she would have gone to all this trouble?

Thanks for that. Now you might enlighten us as to how she closed them down?

Errah shtop, didn't I get a few lads to ring the council and tell em the ToysRus crowd were intergalactic spies and the council shut em down in jig time.

You'll never believe what I convinced them about Marks n Sparks and Nandos lol. Great craic, apparently there's nothing you can make up that the council will won't swallow hook line and sinker without fact checking.

Allegebly!!

Umekichi wrote:
    By encouraginng her facebook followers to ring the council(and provided names etc.)By naming the owners of Mexican food dudes and mentioning that they were not from Limerick which was a lieBy implying cronyism and preferential treatment went on amongst the mexican food dudes and the council(while having no proof of this)By getting onto various local TD's and encouraging her followers to do so also TL;DR she whipped up a frenzied social media mob to campaign against the food truck to the council. Not only that, but mexican food dudes and the owners also were at the receiving end of social media bullying(according to one of the owners fb pages). Council probably caved in from the pressure(especially if multiple TD's were on the case) and asked them to move on.

It is so incredibly unbelievable, to be fair. Food Dudes would have a strong legal case if that was true, and there's no way the Council would have left themselves open to that.

The far greater likelihood is that Food Dudes shouldn't have been there in the first place. Why they were given a slot only they and some people in the Council know.

It is so incredibly unbelievable, to be fair. Food Dudes would have a strong legal case if that was true, and there's no way the Council would have left themselves open to that.

I'm warning ya now zulu boy, if you don't get on side about this I'll be straight onto the council telling em you're a Warg and you're out every night interfering with the king limerick statue and you'll be run out of town without a seconds notice or any hint of a basic attempt at fact checking!

• Advertisement

I plan on telling them that the majority don't want bajillions spent on a useless bridge too. I'm sure they'll be back tracking as soon as I hang up the phone!

Have I gone too far with the sarcasm maybe? Should I have left it at credible stuff like aliens and werecreatures and skipped the "nobody really wants the bridge" malarkey?

The far greater likelihood is that Food Dudes shouldn't have been there in the first place. Why they were given a slot only they and some people in the Council know.

Each one of those bullet points I posted were taken from the first post she made(not the 2nd one gloating at the closure of the food truck), from comments she made to her supporters(including involving td's etc). Unfortunately I don't have screenshots of the comments(however if anyone else was reading all the comments posted, they would have seen it too). As for the bullying, I have attached a screen shot from one of the owners of the truck's profile where she specifically mentions being bullied via social media.

I didn't see any gloating but if that happened, it's out of order. Then again, if Food Dudes had no right to be there then should we have sympathy for them?

On the bullying issue, the vast majority of what I have seen has been directed towards her. Really nasty, vile stuff.

I think the fact that the council apparently still believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny and that bertie won it all on the geegees is the most worrying thing here, if indeed it is true that they will swallow any lie told to them over the phone!

I didn't see any gloating but if that happened, it's out of order. Then again, if Food Dudes had no right to be there then should we have sympathy for them?

On the bullying issue, the vast majority of what I have seen has been directed towards her. Really nasty, vile stuff.

The second post she posted was about how she "won" against the council etc. She even sponsored the post, paying money to show off her victory. Now on one hand, I can understand why she would post about it if she felt genuinely aggrieved by the councils action(she probably did, who knows? I'm not her and I don't know her thought process) however it came across to many people(including myself) that she was gloating over the closure of the food truck and that she was going to be open to "celebrate".

I will say though that some of the stuff posted to her page is completely out of order though. I saw some posters on there, threatening to ring the council, HSE etc. to get her closed, abuse etc. which is completely out of order. If people don't want to shop there after what happened, fine but the bullying is out of order imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Passed Pennys around half eight and Mexican Food Dudes trailer was back in the Urban Garden. Have they moved back or did they just leave the trailer there but didn't open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Passed Pennys around half eight and Mexican Food Dudes trailer was back in the Urban Garden. Have they moved back or did they just leave the trailer there but didn't open?
    I'm always in town and it never left I thought. Haven't seen it open recently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Was she not justified in feeling aggrieved at a business getting preferential treatment over hers?

The real culprits here are the Council and the question remains as to why Food Dudes got that preferential treatment.
    She may well have been justified but the way she handled it was completed unprofessional and makes her look unstable.

She may well have been justified but the way she handled it was completed unprofessional and makes her look unstable.

To a point I agree with you on that.

In her defence, though, it wasn't until she went public that anything was done. There was definitely a better (even public) way of going about it, but that's really neither here nor there. Why Food Dudes were there in the first place should be looked at, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭squonk

I think the net result of all of this is now two businesses being harmed. I don't think there are any winners here really. It's a shame.

For BurritoLady, I think the fact that she's perceived to treat her business as a hobby rather than a full time concern yet aggressively campaigns against any competition doesn't do her favours. If the perception was different and the public could see her working very hard to develop the business then I think that might have swayed sympathies somewhat.

Regarding BurritoVan, it's not a nice position find yourself in having to close down when you're business is new and you're trying to establish yourself. If the council screwed up here then it's not a good thing for this business. If more underhand dealings went on then that's equally not good.

Hopefully this whole affair will be a lesson to all and sundry to make sure regulations are followed to the letter and that communication is clear and open in order to prevent this happening again because, at the end of the day, good businesses are important and it's everybody's loss when businesses fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Serious business, these burritos :) Some people on here get very passionate about their Tex-Mex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Food dudes back open check there Facebook new location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

squonk wrote: »
    I think the net result of all of this is now two businesses being harmed. I don't think there are any winners here really. It's a shame.

This *1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Food dudes back open check there Facebook new location

Some of the comments are gas! :D
    That's a Badass location
    Someone isn't going to be happy about this lol

Round 2... FIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I was looking on Badass' FB pages and saw their times -

Wed-Sat: 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm

I didn't realise the advertised times were so small, any extra closures really cuts down the ability to do business.

She's obviously paying rent for the days she is closed. Do businesses also pay rates for the days they are closed?

She's obviously very financially secure, not many could do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I was looking on Badass' FB pages and saw their times -

She's obviously paying rent for the days she is closed. Do businesses also pay rates for the days they are closed?

Rates are based on an annual charge linked to the rental value of the property, being open or closed would have no effect. AFAIK the only discount you can actually get is if the property is vacant for one year.

Got a Burrito in Badass just there. Queues out the door, literally. She doesn't seem to be too battle scarred!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Got a Burrito in Badass just there. Queues out the door, literally. She doesn't seem to be too battle scarred!

pics or GTFO....

dashoonage wrote: »
    pics or GTFO....

It's come to that, has it? :D

I didn't think to take a photo, but perhaps it wouldn't have been well received given the lady's reputation. That said, she's been very polite and friendly every time I've been in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You'll get people that will support her despite her abhorrent behaviour. That's life!

Advertisement