Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You'll get people that will support her despite her abhorrent behaviour. That's life!

Her abhorrent behaviour was to point out how another business, for some reason, got preferential treatment from the Council and ask people to call the Council to ensure that she was treated fairly?

What's abhorrent about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

zulutango wrote: »
    Her abhorrent behaviour was to point out how another business, for some reason, got preferential treatment from the Council and ask people to call the Council to ensure that she was treated fairly?

She told people that the business was from out of town, it wasn't. She then gloated when she won by making the post on facebook sponsored. She acted very unprofessionally and has lost everyone's business from the office. That is about 8 -10 burritos a day about twice a week and I am sure we are not the only ones. Burrito from the new centras are nice too which is where we have changed to for lunch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Again, you imply that one business got preferential treatment? What are you basing this on? Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

There are only three groups that know what went on. The council and both businesses. You don't know. I don't know.

Badass were abhorrent, The food dudes remained classy throughout. I know who will be getting my, and many others, business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

I don't think people have a problem with her objecting to what appears to be a slip-up or error by the Council.

It is the manner in which she went about it, naming the business publicly and implying that they were blow-ins from Cork and that people should support a genuine Limerick business. She had her facts totally wrong there, the FoodDudes are from Limerick. People like to support their own and that is potentially damaging to the new company.

Secondly, she then publicly named two council workers, gave their phone numbers and urged her supporters to contact both them and their local TD's to apply pressure to these people. It is a classic bullying and harassment tactic that is regularly used on social media. Having nearly 2,500 followers on Facebook she knew those workers were going to get a flood of calls - all based on incorrect and misleading one sided information from her.

Then when she got the other business shut down, she paid for a sponsored post on facebook in which she gloated about it.

Frankly, I am embarrassed for her. She disgraced herself and there is a growing backlash against her and her business now that people know that she mislead them.

From my own experience with her I found her to be a few beans short of a burrito if you know what I mean. I'll be taking my business to the new guys in future.

I'm going to ask the question. Do you have an affiliation with the owner? You seem to be believing the facts from one side only.

• Advertisement

I don't think people have a problem with her objecting to what appears to be a slip-up or error by the Council.

It is the manner in which she went about it, naming the business publicly and implying that they were blow-ins from Cork and that people should support a genuine Limerick business. She had her facts totally wrong there, the FoodDudes are from Limerick. People like to support their own and that is potentially damaging to the new company.

Secondly, she then publicly named two council workers, gave their phone numbers and urged her supporters to contact both them and their local TD's to apply pressure to these people. It is a classic bullying and harassment tactic that is regularly used on social media. Having nearly 2,500 followers on Facebook she knew those workers were going to get a flood of calls - all based on incorrect and misleading one sided information from her.

Then when she got the other business shut down, she paid for a sponsored post on facebook in which she gloated about it.

Frankly, I am embarrassed for her. She disgraced herself and there is a growing backlash against her and her business now that people know that she mislead them.

From my own experience with her I found her to be a few beans short of a burrito if you know what I mean. I'll be taking my business to the new guys in future.

Apparently she's from Greystones so that was incredibly rich of her if true.

I'm going to ask the question. Do you have an affiliation with the owner? You seem to be believing the facts from one side only.

Absolutely zero affiliation. I don't know her at all. I don't know the Food Dudes either.

But I've followed the saga, and to me it seems that she was very unfairly treated. The Food Dudes had a place in that Urban Garden and nobody is able to explain why they were there. It's increasingly apparent to me that they shouldn't have been there. Otherwise they wouldn't have been asked to move on when the **** hit the fan.

I'm not necessarily on the side of the Badass lady, but the whole thing stinks. Perhaps the Council acted in error, or perhaps there was something more sinister. That's what interests me in this whole thing. Has something underhand or improper happened? It is very, very important that this question is answered and that the issue isn't swept under the carpet. It's a very serious issue. The attacks on the Badass lady could be seen as a deflection from this issue.

You serious. Lol :D Oh the irony!

Yeah she kept saying they were driving up from Kanturk every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Thank God someone else asked, there's no way this poster isn't affiliated with her.

Thank God someone else asked, there's no way this poster isn't affiliated with her.

That shows how good your judgement is.

• Advertisement

Let's say it wasn't a slip-up or an error, but that a grave injustice was done. This is the context for her behaviour. Imagine if your livelihood was threatened by such an injustice. I doubt you'd take it lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Zulu boy, you're wasting your time I'd say.

There seems to be two groups here:
    A) RAAAAARGH I am so ANGRY about this. BURN THE WITCH.
    B) Hang on, now - she may not have gone about it the best way, but something went wrong in officialdom, evidenced by the rapid backtracking from a bunch who still want to build the "folly bridge". Surely there is a diplomatic solution to this.

There is NO common ground that A and B can sit down and discuss whether chips(fries) should be inside a burrito or not. Accept that and have your burrito wherever suits you :-)

Again, you imply that one business got preferential treatment? What are you basing this on? Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

There are only three groups that know what went on. The council and both businesses. You don't know. I don't know.

Badass were abhorrent, The food dudes remained classy throughout. I know who will be getting my, and many others, business.

I'm going by her claim that she was on a list for a space in the Urban Garden before they even existed, yet for some reason (that has remained unanswered) they were given a space. Then when she caused a scene, Food Dudes were told to move on. Why would they have been told to move on if they had every right to be there? It makes no sense. It smacks of somebody realising the whole thing was about to blow up in their faces and engaging in damage limitation. The attacks on the Badass lady, criticising her opening hours, the way she does business, her manner, all look like efforts at deflecting from what is a very serious issue.

I think there should be an investigation into the events so that all the facts are in the open. Would anybody disagree with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

'Cos people on here seem to have a serious bee in their bonnet about this woman.

It's not like there isn't rude staff in loads of other places around the city, but for whatever reason she's really caught the imagination of some on here. I find it baffling/hilarious - just don't give her business. Giving out for years on the internet about her isn't good for your health (neither are burritos either so win-win! :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This thread is bizarre, some people seriously need to lay off the burritos altogether and get out and do something else to occupy their minds. So much bile and anger over a ..... burritos shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Looking forward to popping into Food Dudes in Nicholas St. Would imagine they'll do a good bit of tourist business over the summer.

Let's say it wasn't a slip-up or an error, but that a grave injustice was done. This is the context for her behaviour. Imagine if your livelihood was threatened by such an injustice. I doubt you'd take it lying down.

Having read through some of the other thread and seen her interactions on social media and based on my own dealings with her I've seen enough to say that her behaviour and attitude isn't exactly out of character.

And the councils actions do not excuse her behaviour either. It is quite evident that she rubs people up the wrong way. Couple that with her erratic opening hours and you have a recipe for how not to run a business. Which will become very apparent very quickly should a serious competitor decide to open business on the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Absolutely zero affiliation. I don't know her at all. I don't know the Food Dudes either.

But I've followed the saga, and to me it seems that she was very unfairly treated. The Food Dudes had a place in that Urban Garden and nobody is able to explain why they were there. It's increasingly apparent to me that they shouldn't have been there. Otherwise they wouldn't have been asked to move on when the **** hit the fan.

I'm not necessarily on the side of the Badass lady, but the whole thing stinks. Perhaps the Council acted in error, or perhaps there was something more sinister. That's what interests me in this whole thing. Has something underhand or improper happened? It is very, very important that this question is answered and that the issue isn't swept under the carpet. It's a very serious issue. The attacks on the Badass lady could be seen as a deflection from this issue.

Well surely there will be an investigation done by the journalists at one or both of our two local papers. It's a great story, it's of local importance and shouldn't take too much digging on the part of someone with a few connections to get to the bottom of what happened. So we'll definitely all know the truth in the next week or so.:cool:

iguana wrote: »
    Well surely there will be an investigation done by the journalists at one or both of our two local papers. It's a great story, it's of local importance and shouldn't take too much digging on the part of someone with a few connections to get to the bottom of what happened. So we'll definitely all know the truth in the next week or so.:cool:

Journalists? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Without knowing just what the story was with the Food Dudes getting the spot in the Urban Garden and therefore knowing whether her claims of an unfair process have any legitimacy or not, its kind of pointless to discuss it.

Knowing that would contextualise all the behaviour that came afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Journalists? Lol
    Picked up the leader for the first time in years. Typos abound. Spelling of woman's name to does match from title to text. Words repeated.

Do they actually have an editor? Does someone read it before it is published?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was being sarcastic. Neither paper does much more than regurgitate press releases. This is a fantastic story of public interest both to people who like burritos and those who want to know if anything dodgy happened in the council process. But the odds of either paper doing the tiniest bit of digging are close to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So now that the Food Dudes are back what will happen next?

Maybe they could find a horse's head in their beds some morning?! Who will gain control of the lucrative burrito trade?

The excitement of Burrito Wars! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

So now that the Food Dudes are back what will happen next?

Maybe they could find a horse's head in their beds some morning?! Who will gain control of the lucrative burrito trade?

The excitement of Burrito Wars! :-D

The kebab lads are gonna run them both out...

I think this was predicted in Demolition Man

Taco Bell emerged victorious.

Be well and have nice nice thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

She is from Greystones. It's on the Ennis Road by the Gaelic Grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

She is from Greystones
    OUTRAGEEEEEOOOOOUUUUUSSSSSS!
    RAAAAARGH people are incandescent with RAAAGE!
    It's on the Ennis Road by the Gaelic Grounds.
    Oh... ah. Well.

Can the outraged ones still burn someone at the stake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Mexican Food Dudes van/trailer is outside Penneys tonight, had it ever moved since closing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mexican Food Dudes van/trailer is outside Penneys tonight, had it ever moved since closing?

I saw them packing stuff into a van yesterday evening. I could also smell chilli in the air....

• Advertisement

I saw them packing stuff into a van yesterday evening. I could also smell chilli in the air....

Yep it's gone now and will be open in their new location tomorrow.

Advertisement