Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep it's gone now and will be open in their new location tomorrow.

Excellent. I know where I am getting lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Wow. You are ok with a boycott of a local limerick business? I really just cannot get my head around this at all.

This thread bothers me.

Ah give it a break,

I don't really Care too much about this one just found the debate interesting.

But you have some kind of bias here I don't know what, but your bias is shining through. Are you related to this Badass woman NY any chance?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

attack the post not the poster, if you can't do that and feel the post should be actioned report the post

Read through the whole post, and my personal conclusion is I'll just go to rocking Joe's or centra for my Mexican Food needs.

Felt bad for the Cork lads who turned out to be Limerick lads who were actually a Clare lad and a Dublin lad. They got screwed wherever their from.

Also felt that burrito lady acted Inadvisably, but was fighting her corner, maybe just a bit naive around public relations.
    But boom that changed with the gloat post

I got the odd burrito there, but no more I hate the fact she tried to kick a dog when he's down part, it just sits wrong with me.

My 2c anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Read through the whole post, and my personal conclusion is I'll just go to rocking Joe's or centra for my Mexican Food needs.

Felt bad for the Cork lads who turned out to be Limerick lads who were actually a Clare lad and a Dublin lad. They got screwed wherever their from.

Also felt that burrito lady acted Inadvisably, but was fighting her corner, maybe just a bit naive around public relations.
    But boom that changed with the gloat post

I got the odd burrito there, but no more I hate the fact she tried to kick a dog when he's down part, it just sits wrong with me.

My 2c anyway

I'm going to assume you are replying to me, to be perfectly honest with you I don't care about Burito's in Limerick, I've spent an awful lot of time in Texas and I think I know exactly what an awesome burrito is like.

In the interest of full and transparent moderation
    Ah give it a break,
    I'm a mod, I gave a warning, didn't take any other action, your post was 17 minutes after my post so I can only assume you are replying to me. This thread was setup to allow for discussion, in a lot of other forums it would have been deleted or warnings/bans given out.
    I don't really Care too much about this one just found the debate interesting.
    Great debate will always be interesting
    But you have some kind of bias here I don't know what, but your bias is shining through. Are you related to this Badass woman NY any chance?
    This is attacking the poster, on a lot of forums here this would result in an action, you could report the post, PM the poster or look at the actual post.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote:
    I'm going to assume you are replying to me, to be perfectly honest with you I don't care about Burito's in Limerick, I've spent an awful lot of time in Texas and I think I know exactly what an awesome burrito is like.

How on earth would you assume that was posted at you. It mentions you in no way at all.
    It is exactly what post says it is my 2c after reading the whole thread.

In fact it mentions nobody at all in my entire post

Well isn't burritos in Limerick the whole point of the thread??????

And for a guy giving out about going off topic earlier what has you being in Texas got to do with anything, expect better from a MOD really (since your so keen to point it out) ;-)

I think you have perceived some kind of personal attack here, and for the life of me I can't see how.

Also what has you being a MOD got to do with anything in the post you replied to by the way. Im a bit annoyed at that bit if I'm honest.

Yeah I seen your post and didn't say anything else, why are you bringing this back up when it has nothing to do with the post your replying to? Genuine question by the way.

Look I have no desire to derail this by getting into an argument with a MOD but you kinda attacked me here for no reason and I replied.
    I did try to pm ya rather in thread but wouldn't work on phone, and I think I'm entitled to defend myself.

If you want to leave it at that fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'm just wondering how long it will take for-

"Burritos - Even further off topic"

to be opened....

moleyv wrote:
    I'm just wondering how long it will take for-

moleyv wrote:
    "Burritos - Even further off topic"

moleyv wrote:
    to be opened....

Sigh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I have to give it to the mods, and I know this is OT, but between the Syrians and the burritos,they had one tough week. They did a great job amongst the general craziness that was the Limerick forum last week.

• Advertisement

How on earth would you assume that was posted at you. It mentions you in no way at all.
    It is exactly what post says it is my 2c after reading the whole thread.

In fact it mentions nobody at all in my entire post

I assumed it was to me as my post was the last post before it and there wasn't any quoted post.

Clareman wrote:
    I assumed it was to me as my post was the last post before it and there wasn't any quoted post.

Fair enough, I just find that's a strange assumption to make.

I didn't quote any post as it wasn't a reply to any post, it was a standalone post summing up my point of view on the entire issue of the dispute between the 2 burrito people.

I thought that was fairly clear, and after re readying my post the only thing I can think of is maybe you picked up the first word wrong.

It's possible i suppose that you picked up "read the post again" as a reply to you.
    I probably could have said I re-read(red phonetically )my post.
    I dunno really what to say more than that

Fair enough, I just find that's a strange assumption to make.

I didn't quote any post as it wasn't a reply to any post, it was a standalone post summing up my point of view on the entire issue of the dispute between the 2 burrito people.

I thought that was fairly clear, and after re readying my post the only thing I can think of is maybe you picked up the first word wrong.

It's possible i suppose that you picked up "read the post again" as a reply to you.
    I probably could have said I re-read(red phonetically )my post.
    I dunno really what to say more than that

Fair enough, sorry for any confusion caused and sorry for picking it up wrong.

Clareman wrote:

No bother happens to everyone sometimes, it's actually a good lesson for me going forward on how structure of a sentence can change the perception of a post from what was intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Clareman wrote: »
    No bother happens to everyone sometimes, it's actually a good lesson for me going forward on how structure of a sentence can change the perception of a post from what was intended.

If only the burrito wars could have been settled so easily :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

adaminho wrote: »
    If only the burrito wars could have been settled so easily :D

Thankfully not, what would we talk about then! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sooooo has anyone been yet ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mexican food dudes are open in the castle now
    How did they get that so fast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Just been to Mexican Food Dudes. Said they've enough food to be open til 8pm but they're already out of beef and I think they're out of drinks too. They're up to the 50s in orders for today and they're going to be here for the rest of the summer at least.

Edit: the only things they can make now are chicken quesadillas, avocado cheesecake and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I was there at lunch. Great location. Alot more relaxed than town. Busy too.

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    Mexican food dudes are open in the castle now
    How did they get that so fast?

They're not in the castle, they're next door in the garden of the Alms Houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Isn't that a contradiction? :pac:

zulutango wrote: »

Isn't that a contradiction? :pac:

Nope. I meant that it's more relaxing as not right next to a main road.

Nope. I meant that it's more relaxing as not right next to a main road.

That Urban Garden place is an awful to eat alright. If I was buying anything there I'd head over to Arthur's Quay Park to eat.

Also, I think the Burrito Wars were just a small battle in the Great Limerick Food War of 2016. When I was there earlier, Treacys had their van parked across from the shop, same side as Mexican Food Dudes. Bit odd for it to be parked there. Maybe trying to deflect people?

Can't imagine much of a clientele crossover but maybe it'll take from Treacys sandwich business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Treacys had their van parked across from the shop, same side as Mexican Food Dudes. Bit odd for it to be parked there. Maybe trying to deflect people?
    Wow, dangerous choice going by the fanaticism seen on this forum!

Also, I think the Burrito Wars were just a small battle in the Great Limerick Food War of 2016. When I was there earlier, Treacys had their van parked across from the shop, same side as Mexican Food Dudes. Bit odd for it to be parked there. Maybe trying to deflect people?

Can't imagine much of a clientele crossover but maybe it'll take from Treacys sandwich business?

Can't imagine Treacy's are too happy, but is there any reason why St. Mary's Aid can't have Food Dudes selling burritos out of there? I have to say that I don't think Treacy's sandwiches are great. I used to go there now and again. Maybe they've improved though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They're not in the castle, they're next door in the garden of the Alms Houses.

Oh thanks sorry thought it part of the castle
    Is there 2 mexcian food trucks onefrom cork and one from limerick

Advertisement