Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Mexican Food Dudes

Got a chicken burrito and a minced beef burrito yesterday.

Disappointing really, both lacked flavour with no spice at all.

Wilted lettuce, some guacamole and sour cream, was not offered any other condiments.

On the plus both it was substantial.

Won't be getting a burrito again from there.

Were also sold out of the cheesecake at 12:30.

Must try Badass next.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Got a burrito in Badass a couple of days ago and have to say it was fantastic!

Definitely comparable if not better than Boojum..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

kfrp wrote: »
    Mexican Food Dudes

Got a chicken burrito and a minced beef burrito yesterday.

Disappointing really, both lacked flavour with no spice at all.

Wilted lettuce, some guacamole and sour cream, was not offered any other condiments.

On the plus both it was substantial.

Won't be getting a burrito again from there.

Were also sold out of the cheesecake at 12:30.

Must try Badass next.

+1 for the blandness with the chicken burrito, it felt like I could've made it at home myself in a half hour and saved myself the €7 and the journey over.

The people running Mexican Food Dudes are lovely but I hope they understand now how difficult it is to stay open for 12 hours a day every day while also keeping the food fresh and tasty. Badass may be inconveniently closed at times but at least I know that when I do get it, it's going to be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

panda100 wrote: »

This was a good read and sheds some light on most, if not all, of the issues that people have with Badass.

Speaking of, I had a burrito from there yesterday for the first time in a while and my god it was good.

I was going to try Mexican Food Dudes to compare but after reading some of the reviews I probably won't bother as I'm more than happy with my regular from Badass. The slightly stalker-ish paparazzi photos that they take (of customers eating) and post on FB does put me off too. I'm far too socially awkward to ask them not to take my photo (only half joking).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Just after another pork burrito from badass faultless as always.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

What is the beef like? Last time I had it I threw it out, cubed chewy stuff that was absolutely awful.

Is the hot salsa actually hot? I haven't gone there since she moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Said it at the beginning of burrito gate but hers are massively superior. Her pork is superb. Had one today and it was damn nice.She used to do some really nice beef, but changed to mince and its not nice so i stick to pork or chicken.

Choice is good though and interested to try some other stuff on the food dudes menu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

After all the talk tryed Mexican food dudes it was disappointing.Not sure id wak down there again.
    They have a great location wonder how they got it so fast?
    Yeah there is a falseness in there facebook posts alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

You missed the great Limerick Burrito War of 2016. :pac:

Hopefully the movie version will do it justice. I wonder who will play Badass lady and Food dudes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just saw on justeat.ie somewhere called "Burritos and Pizzeria" apparently down by the Cornmarket. Anyone try there?

• Advertisement

Went to Badass tonight and she was closed at 8:35pm

**** it, never again. I thought she was open late no? She has changed her opening hours so many times I can't keep track nor do I have the time to be checking Facebook to see if she is open

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Went to Badass tonight and she was closed at 8:35pm

**** it, never again. I thought she was open late no? She has changed her opening hours so many times I can't keep track nor do I have the time to be checking Facebook to see if she is open

Closed at 8pm, these are the regular hours for as long as I've been going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Yup never opens after 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This thread is putting me off buying burritos in Limerick. I think I'm better off making them at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

This thread is putting me off buying burritos in Limerick. I think I'm better off making them at home!

I've given up using banks now altogether since that time I tried to cash in all my coppers at 9.30 on a Wednesday. GRRRRRRRRRRR so angry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Feel like having a burrito for lunch. The reviews of the Fooddude ones make me want to stick to Baddass, though Fooddudes having a selection of foods is handy when it comes to feeding my 3 year old. A whole burrito is too much for him but he now eats too much to just share ours, a taco would be the perfect sized portion. I wonder if Badass would do a mini burrito?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

iguana wrote: »
    Feel like having a burrito for lunch. The reviews of the Fooddude ones make me want to stick to Baddass, though Fooddudes having a selection of foods is handy when it comes to feeding my 3 year old. A whole burrito is too much for him but he now eats too much to just share ours, a taco would be the perfect sized portion. I wonder if Badass would do a mini burrito?

Share yours with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

iguana wrote:
    I wonder if Badass would do a mini burrito?

Don't know about a mini burrito but when I was last in there quesadilla's were also available and they are a much more manageable size for a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

iguana wrote:

I'm sure if you asked she would do a mini one.

I have a friend down from Dublin for the weekend and was filling him in on burrito gate when we passed the urban garden last night. He thinks we are all mental down here now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In the good old days Limerick people used to argue over who did the best packet and tripe. Gone very swanky these days with burritos, lattes, etc. :pac:

• Advertisement

le_girl wrote: »
    Closed at 8pm, these are the regular hours for as long as I've been going there.

I'm pretty sure she used to open late. Does anyone else remember her ever being open late?

I see the shop is going to be open late on Fri and Sat nights, 0030-0330

Thats it. I didn't know she closed at 8pm until after midnight though.

Does she still do those late hours?

Mexican Food Dudes shut today at 3.20 a complete waste of a walk down.Facebook hours are till 4
    Why close so early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »
    Mexican Food Dudes shut today at 3.20 a complete waste of a walk down.Facebook hours are till 4
    Why close so early

Cue the social media outrage ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I wouldnt say outrage but i checked there page to see any updates specials etc and then all shut up when there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I knew there was something I meant to get in town (a burrito).

I ended up with a mcflurry...

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just saw on justeat.ie somewhere called "Burritos and Pizzeria" apparently down by the Cornmarket. Anyone try there?

I always get them , stuff is very fresh and the burritos are huge . I only ever get the veg option so cant talk for the chicken , pork or beef .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I called into Badass yesterday for the first time in ages, the pork burrito was outrageously good and herself seemed a little down in the dumps.
    I'm now quite certain that for me (personal opinion only but going on considerable experience) her Pork burrito is the best I've had in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

I called into Badass yesterday for the first time in ages, the pork burrito was outrageously good and herself seemed a little down in the dumps.
    I'm now quite certain that for me (personal opinion only but going on considerable experience) her Pork burrito is the best I've had in this country.

I haven't gone in there in 12 months as I was annoyed with her opening hours, the microwave and the choice of sauces. On your recommendation of it being the best burrito in the country I said I would give it another go.

So I went down at 8.20.

And the place was closed.

Oh well apachie gained 17 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

893bet wrote:
    And the place was closed.

She's always closed on a Sunday.

Advertisement