Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

893bet wrote: »
    I haven't gone in there in 12 months as I was annoyed with her opening hours, the microwave and the choice of sauces. On your recommendation of it being the best burrito in the country I said I would give it another go.

So I went down at 8.20.

And the place was closed.

Oh well apachie gained 17 euros.

The normal opening hours are 12-8pm Wednesday to Saturday. I don't think she's been open late nights or on Sundays for a good while. The hours are on the Facebook page and have been consistent lately as far as I know as I'd say she's aware of the complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

panda100 wrote: »
    She's always closed on a Sunday.

I know. I did check afterwards.

Still. Probably the only takeaway in the city that only opens 4 days a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads seriously, I haven't been there in years but even I know it's 12-8 Wed-Sat. It's posted here about a million times :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

This burrito rage thing is classic. Pure gold. I have never ever seen people turn into such Godzilla rage monsters over a small business's opening hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭893bet

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads seriously, I haven't been there in years but even I know it's 12-8 Wed-Sat. It's posted here about a million times :-D

Like I said I don't eat there. So don't read this thread really. Don't live in Limerick city at the mo.

12-8 lol

Apache was lovely though. Not had one in years. It used to be a "watery" pizza with too much cheese. Nice and crispy though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

This burrito rage thing is classic. Pure gold. I have never ever seen people turn into such Godzilla rage monsters over a small business's opening hours.

I actually think she has the perfect business model. She clearly has a good work/life balance. I personally would love to work 4 days a week, as I think 5 days a week is too much. She runs a very sustainable business. She makes enough food for the day and there is no wastage.

In comparison, the other takeaways probably waste a huge amount of food and more than likely have overworked, underpaid staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

panda100 wrote: »
    I actually think she has the perfect business model. She clearly has a good work/life balance. I personally would love to work 4 days a week, as I think 5 days a week is too much. She runs a very sustainable business. She makes enough food for the day and there is no wastage.

In comparison, the other takeaways probably waste a huge amount of food and more than likely have overworked, underpaid staff.

It's a great business model for her, if she is happy with income derived from that model, but it did seriously devalue her arguments during the Burrito War.

If you only work 12-8, 4 days a week, then you aren't really in a position to complain that a harder working rival could put you out of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Treepole wrote: »
    It's a great business model for her, if she is happy with income derived from that model, but it did seriously devalue her arguments during the Burrito War.

If you only work 12-8, 4 days a week, then you aren't really in a position to complain that a harder working rival could put you out of business.

She didn't complain about a harder working rival though. Her issue was always with the council and that they provided a space to a business that did not reach the councils own terms and conditions for that space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

We need a space alright, a safe space for each burrito faction! :D

But we can't as that would be boring and this is MOTHERF**KING BURRITO WARS! Let's get ready to rumble! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Badass have upped the burritos from €6.50 to €7.50 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MFD are really putting themselves out there. They were at both the boardwalk and the Crescent on Tuesday and the queues were really long for the produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Waging a war is expensive...we the people must do our bit to fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

What would happen if Boojum came here ? They are already in Galway .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I had Boojum in Dublin yesterday (again) and it's 6.95. What planet is your one on at all

And is it still extra for toppings?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mc Love wrote: »
    MFD are really putting themselves out there. They were at both the boardwalk and the Crescent on Tuesday and the queues were really long for the produce.

They seem to have inside contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

bigpink wrote: »
    They seem to have inside contacts.

Or just know how to market themselves properly, you know, like a business should.

Unlike badass.

The badass proved it owner of mexican food dudes worked for the city council
    How else did they get a spot in the urban garden then a prime spot in king johns castle in a few days?Also on the broadwalk.At the Limerick food fest in the market and also on the Cresent the day of the Culture street party.
    I know a person who have spend alot of time and money so far trying to set up a food van stall business so far in Limerick the last 6 months and they havent got any response from the powers that be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Welcome to the real world bigpink, sorry to say, it's not what you know but who you know in this world. If you think anything else then you're deluded.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Welcome to the real world bigpink, sorry to say, it's not what you know but who you know in this world. If you think anything else then you're deluded.

Yep its the real world no doubt but must be discouraging.Getting totally ignored by a public body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Does she not actually work longer hours as she prepares food for the next day after closing hours, so technically its 5 days with longer hours on 4 of them
    Treepole wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

davo2001 wrote: »

Staying in the real world, if someone is not happy with the business model of a particular establishment then they have the option of going elsewhere or setup a similar business of their own and see how they get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Badass wasn't even open for the culture-fest this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

Some of the posts on here are petty and negative. Both business owners are out on a limb working hard to make a living. This constant criticism is nasty.
    Competition is healthy as is demonstrates demand.
    There was an issue with access to the urban garden. Sin e.
    This situation which was caused by a lack of transparency has led to personalised tribal negative comparison of both business owners.
    If there is demand for Mexican food in limerick, great. Let more people have a go and may the best burrito win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MFD are opening in a unit soon - from what I have heard. All credit to them

Can anyone see that MFD deffo have an inside contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

It would not require a deep cover operation for a street food vendor to find out how to get a spot at a street food festival in limerick.

Its clear MFD are working hard to make their business work, just like the lady in Badass. It's time for people to back off.

I'd imagine these food festivals and events are only crying out for more traders. These events are paid for by the stall holders fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

What is MFD and where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

wigsa100 wrote: »
    What is MFD and where is it?

It's Mexican Food Dudes, the guys who operate out of the food truck.

Advertisement