Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

It's Mexican Food Dudes, the guys who operate out of the food truck.

Ah I see. Outside Penney's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

wigsa100 wrote: »
    Ah I see. Outside Penney's?

You missed the Great Limerick Burrito War of 2016 didn't you!:P

iguana wrote: »
    You missed the Great Limerick Burrito War of 2016 didn't you!:P

I've seen the odd reference to it in other threads but know very little about it. Huge fan of burritos myself so glad to see things opening up a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I eat at Casa now. Not supporting the war. No stress. No guilt. Great burrito.

The peaceful life is the one for me.

Burrito eaters of Limerick. If you think Badass is worth 7.50, pay 7.50. You do do not think it's worth 7.50, do not pay. Casa is 7 and a meal with chips and a can is 8 and that's very reasonable. I don't think 7.50 is bad for a burrito.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I eat at Casa now. Not supporting the war. No stress. No guilt. Great burrito.

The peaceful life is the one for me.

Burrito eaters of Limerick. If you think Badass is worth 7.50, pay 7.50. You do do not think it's worth 7.50, do not pay. Casa is 7 and a meal with chips and a can is 8 and that's very reasonable. I don't think 7.50 is bad for a burrito.

Is Casa the place next to Casa Nova? On High Street?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Had one of Badass Burritos on Saturday evening. My God, it was good. Was only 6.50 though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Where would one get a Burrito on a Tuesday in Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭squonk

Where would one get a Burrito on a Tuesday in Limerick?

Don't mention the war :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

squonk wrote: »
    Don't mention the war :)

I'm not, I don't care, I want a Burrito. The only place I know of isn't open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I'm not, I don't care, I want a Burrito. The only place I know of isn't open.

You cant get Burritos when "you" want one...you have to wait until your told you can have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Mexican food dudes off Nicolas Street during the day or the place on high street who's name I can't ever remember in the evening or either centra in the city centre

sioda wrote: »
    Mexican food dudes off Nicolas Street during the day or the place on high street who's name I can't ever remember in the evening or either centra in the city centre

I couldn't find the Mexican Food Dudes the last time, are they visable when driving down Nicolas Street?

I'll have a look on High Street.

Don't fancy a burrito from a Centra...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

They are across from traceys shop in front of the alms houses not visible from the street

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

sioda wrote: »
    They are across from traceys shop in front of the alms houses not visible from the street

I've only ever seen them on Nicholas Street but their Facebook seems to show them at the Boardwalk Market the past couple of weeks. Not sure what days though.

Burritos....gotta catch em all!

I've only ever seen them on Nicholas Street but their Facebook seems to show them at the Boardwalk Market the past couple of weeks. Not sure what days though.

Weren't at either today. Wednesday's the Boardwalk Market I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Weren't at either today. Wednesday's the Boardwalk Market I think.

You've done it now!!!! Burritos and less than 24/7 opening hours are MAJOR triggers for many people here. Take cover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just to calm us all down again, describe your favourite burrito? (Meats, toppings etc. Not from where :pac: )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

moleyv wrote: »
    Just to calm us all down again, describe your favourite burrito? (Meats, toppings etc. Not from where :pac: )

I'm working on the ingredients to a home-made one tonight. Chilli made in the slow cooker with stewing beef, mince and chorizo. Guacamole. Mexican style rice. Grated cheese. Tomorrow will be excellent. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

An File wrote:
    I'm working on the ingredients to a home-made one tonight. Chilli made in the slow cooker with stewing beef, mince and chorizo. Guacamole. Mexican style rice. Grated cheese. Tomorrow will be excellent.

Where did you get your slow cooker? Been looking around for one but not able to find much in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    Where did you get your slow cooker? Been looking around for one but not able to find much in limerick

Aldi had an offer on them just over a year ago, if I remember correctly. You'd probably do just as well in Argos. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

panda100 wrote: »

Tesco do one for around €20 also

An File wrote: »
    I'm working on the ingredients to a home-made one tonight. Chilli made in the slow cooker with stewing beef, mince and chorizo. Guacamole. Mexican style rice. Grated cheese. Tomorrow will be excellent. :cool:

its tomorrow...where are the pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It's been 24 hours - where's the RAAA-they should just give it up if they're not gonna be there waiting with a burrito when i want one -ARRRRRRGH!!! outrage about the opening times/location confusion!!!

Have people finally got a hold of themselves about the whole thing? Or just taking a holiday from the rage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

This isn't good enough. An File is a disgrace. What kind of business does he think he's running? He's probably not even from Limerick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looks like Badass is closing for 7 weeks from the 25th August to the 5th October.

That woman really doesn't know how to run a business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

davo2001 wrote: »
    Looks like Badass is closing for 7 weeks from the 25th August to the 5th October.

That woman really doesn't know how to run a business?

Or as has been pointed out numerous times, it is a one woman show and she may not need/want to operate like every other business and can open when she likes, one of the perks of being your own boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Well of course she can do what she likes but that's quite a spell of time. You would think she would have found someone to keep it going on a temporary basis.

But as I've said before she must be financially secure, who else in business could afford to do some of the things she does. Too much lost revenue and too much of a risk of losing customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I was on team Bad Ass during the great burrito war of 2016 but closing for that amount of time is crazy. It's no way to run a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

A dog with a mallet up his h33" knows you cannot run a business like that , it's a complete piss take , I would'nt darken her door

Advertisement