Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

A dog with a mallet up his h33" knows you cannot run a business like that , it's a complete piss take , I would'nt darken her door

I'm a business expert. How can this woman get away with a healthy work life balance? It's just not fair!!!Shes not playing by the rules. Doesn't she know working for herself means working 24/7 until retirement. Why doesn't she hire staff, open more shops and serve me nice burritos. I can't be waiting cos I'm too busy being successful ...aaaarrrgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

if i could get away with not working for 5 weeks id do it. ive better things to be doing like living etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Papa Gino's is closing for his holidays too, afaik. Two weeks, but I think he doesn't trust anyone else to make his pizzas. People will still go back because they love his pizzas and his hardwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

She would have been better off with a van than a fixed premises. That way expectations would have been lowered about her keeping to regular business hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's not like she'll be sitting at home twiddling her thumbs while thinking of more ways to upset people about her irregular working hours. She'll more then likely be going on holidays to visit friends and family abroad, I wouldn't mind being able to do that for a few weeks so fair f@cks to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Reading through this thread and some of the posts are surreal. I wonder how many of the keyboard whingers complaining that she hasn't a clue how to run a business, actually have any experience of running a business single handedly themselves. If you think you can do it better then what's stopping you? Why not just give the lady a break. If you don't like her business model then don't avail of it, start your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I'm a business expert. How can this woman get away with a healthy work life balance? It's just not fair!!!Shes not playing by the rules. Doesn't she know working for herself means working 24/7 until retirement. Why doesn't she hire staff, open more shops and serve me nice burritos. I can't be waiting cos I'm too busy being successful ...aaaarrrgh

Easily known you have never ran your own business

bazz26 wrote: »
    Reading through this thread and some of the posts are surreal. I wonder how many of the keyboard whingers complaining that she hasn't a clue how to run a business, actually have any experience of running a business single handedly themselves. If you think you can do it better then what's stopping you? Why not just give the lady a break. If you don't like her business model then don't avail of it,
    start your own.

Well has she a clue , where have you been , it's obvious she has'nt a clue , what a dumb comment , we want to but fiod not compete with the woman , if you carried on like this in your line of work would you be at it long ?????

Well has she a clue , where have you been , it's obvious she has'nt a clue , what a dumb comment , we want to but fiod not compete with the woman , if you carried on like this in your line of work would you be at it long ?????

Lol, the only dumb comments are the likes of yours.

If you don't like the way she runs her business then you can go somewhere else or start up your own and run it your way. Easier to moan on the internet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

People don't seem to understand that not every business has a goal of maximising profit. She's seems to be running it in a way that allows her to reach her goals given she's been going for 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Easily known you have never ran your own business

Ha! You couldn't be more wrong!

She would have been better off with a van than a fixed premises. That way expectations would have been lowered about her keeping to regular business hours

Here's more of it.
    She has a successful business operating in a super location. But should close her business, buy a van and apply for a trading licence which restricts when and where she can trade?

So the anti Badass possy believe in order to take a holiday, she should register the business for paye, pay an accountant to run payroll, pay and file p30 returns, allow unmonitored access to her shop and customers to a 3rd party, teach this 3rd party her hard earned recipes, trust them to take and lodge cash, not burn the place down and have full access to the inner workings of her business .......to meet internet expectations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Here's more of it.
    She has a successful business operating in a super location. But should close her business, buy a van and apply for a trading licence which restricts when and where she can trade?

So the anti Badass possy believe in order to take a holiday, she should register the business for paye, pay an accountant to run payroll, pay and file p30 returns, allow unmonitored access to her shop and customers to a 3rd party, teach this 3rd party her hard earned recipes, trust them to take and lodge cash, not burn the place down and have full access to the inner workings of her business .......to meet internet expectations?

Isn't that called running a business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

davo2001 wrote: »

The accuracy though.

Here's more of it.

I'm not saying she should close the shop at all, just that by having a fixed location it creates an expectation of regular business hours by many people. Of course she doesn't have to offer regular hours it's just that the vast majority of businesses in town do and therefore people automatically expect she does. Hence the pages of complaints about her hours.

It just may have been easier to have started and stuck with a van or other pop-up method, would take the pressure off and reduce people giving out about her hours. I'm not having a pop at all here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This thread is infuriating, if boards wasn't so insistent on everybody being nice to each other I think there is potential for a right good punch up here with people arranging to meet in Arthur's Quay park to sort it out :pac:
    As far as I'm concerned she can do whatever she likes, she has a great product and is less than two minutes from a load of other places that can satisfy my craving for rubbish if she's not open.

Is it?

Running a business is product, service, customers and profit.
    She ticks all the above boxes.

It's clearly a "lifestyle" business, by which I mean the inherent goal of the business is freedom and flexibility. Her set-up is low cost, stress free and profitable.
    I'm not having a pop at all here.
    I take your point. I think the bye-laws would make it tough. It's the reason why van traders spend so much time travelling to festivals paying for fuel and access.

Is it?

It's clearly a "lifestyle" business, by which I mean the inherent goal of the business is freedom and flexibility. Her set-up is low cost, stress free and profitable.

I take your point. I think the bye-laws would make it tough. It's the reason why van traders spend so much time travelling to festivals paying for fuel and access.

Yeah it probably would be a pain alright to do that. Definitely nice to be able to do what she does and have a lifestyle business as you say. I'm sure she could afford the business failing if for some reason things turned.

I know a guy running a business in Limerick and I would hate to be him. Huge pressure on him as he has taken on a good few bank loans and has venture capitalists invested in the business. Too much pressure.

I wonder how kfc , chicken hut etc don't close down due to the secret recipe of gravy etc , comments here are gas , the number one corner stone of any business is to be open and available to serve people during set hours , full stop , if you want to swan off for 6 weeks either get cover or don't go into business

I'm sure she could afford the business failing if for some reason things turned.
    I hope she succeeds, but if not, her low-scale set-up will mean less damage.
    I wonder how kfc , chicken hut etc don't close down due to the secret recipe of gravy etc ,
    KFC and Chicken Hut gravy recipes are secret!
    The both serve poison and open longer hours in to maximize profits.
    This lady is not solely driven by profit.
    if you want to swan off for 6 weeks either get cover or don't go into business
    Is that the rule? Watch her prove you wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

This thread is infuriating, if boards wasn't so insistent on everybody being nice to each other I think there is potential for a right good punch up here with people arranging to meet in Arthur's Quay park to sort it out :pac:
    As far as I'm concerned she can do whatever she likes, she has a great product and is less than two minutes from a load of other places that can satisfy my craving for rubbish if she's not open.

The thread is beyond a joke. All we're short is somebody live blogging the lady's whereabouts and activities at this stage.

A local one woman business subject to ongoing scrutiny and anonymous internet criticism for beating her customers with rubber hoses.... sorry, wait it just seems like that from the outrage sometimes, I meant running her business her own way.

If celia Holman Lee was going down the crescent every Saturday keying cars for the craic of it wouldn't have sustained such attention for so long here.

Ya wouldn't be rushing to set up your own one man band business in town would ya, seems people would prefer faceless chains and franchises with zero hour contract workers.

The thread is beyond a joke. All we're short is somebody live blogging the lady's whereabouts and activities at this stage.

A local one woman business subject to ongoing scrutiny and anonymous internet criticism for beating her customers with rubber hoses.... sorry, wait it just seems like that from the outrage sometimes, I meant running her business her own way.

If celia Holman Lee was going down the crescent every Saturday keying cars for the craic of it wouldn't have sustained such attention for so long here.

Ya wouldn't be rushing to set up your own one man band business in town would ya, seems people would prefer faceless chains and franchises with zero hour contract workers.

Exactly, it's time for people to back off.
    Think about it for moment. Consider the effort required to run that business solely. Every last detail of that business is 100% her. She orders and prepares the food, serves all day, washes, cleans and goes again.

She serves a great product and has loyal repeat customers built at no cost through word-of-mouth.
    But it's not good enough. People want her to work harder and longer hours, never take a break to care for her sick mother, hire staff, scale-up, take loans, get an overdraft to provide a bigger, better, faster, cheaper service. They rant on here wanting a boojum or fast food franchise type corporate to arrive and kill her business.

I'll buy from a local limerick business all day long. I don't have buritto mania. If she's not open, I'll buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is it?

If she closes for 7 weeks then she is none of this.

davo2001 wrote: »
    If she closes for 7 weeks then she is none of this.

Summed it up there in one sentence davo, close the thread admin and we can all get on with our lives : ) : ) and people who wanna run around and play roulette burrito opening hours with this business can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Out of curiosity Johnnyv are you anything to Badass Lady?.. Very defensive of any kind of complaint thrown her way?.

If any other business in the city closed for 6 weeks and the owner when swanning off there would be uproar, Badass should be treated the exact same! Especially with the odd opening hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Don't go there so, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This thread is kinda creepy, lots of bile and venom being thrown at a lady who works her own business as she sees fit.

Ye don't like the way she runs her own business? How does this affect ye on a personal basis? How does this impinge on your lives to deserve such reaction as has been spouted on here?

How about using your time to do something more constructive than coming onto to an internet forum and whinging like a bunch of saddoes.

I've never met the lady or eaten there but this thread is cringe worthy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

So are the saddos that constantly defend her and act as if she has some god given right to open her business when she wants and not be criticized. If you want a successful business, it can't just be open when she fancies it. It's probably a sign of a poor businesswoman that she obviously finds it too difficult to relinquish any sort of control.

Ah well, I'm sure Boojum and Tolteca will be along soon to show how it's done :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

So are the saddos that constantly defend her and act as if she has some god given right to open her business when she wants and not be criticized. If you want a successful business, it can't just be open when she fancies it. It's probably a sign of a poor businesswoman that she obviously finds it too difficult to relinquish any sort of control.

Ah well, I'm sure Boojum and Tolteca will be along soon to show how it's done :).

Great! So maybe when you're stuffing your gob over there we wont have to listen to you whining here! Deal?

• Advertisement

The fact this thread is 3 years old and she is still in business proves to me that her business model works for her despite what the know it alls think is a successful business. There is no rule that says she has to open xx number of hours a week or can only take xx number of days off. Some people need to get a grip on reality.

Advertisement