Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Alonso77 wrote: »
    This thread is kinda creepy, lots of bile and venom being thrown at a lady who works her own business as she sees fit.

Ye don't like the way she runs her own business? How does this affect ye on a personal basis? How does this impinge on your lives to deserve such reaction as has been spouted on here?

How about using your time to do something more constructive than coming onto to an internet forum and whinging like a bunch of saddoes.

I've never met the lady or eaten there but this thread is cringe worthy at times.

Well said, it is genuinely a mystery to me as to why somebody cares so much how this woman chooses to run her business, she deals in burritos not blood transfusions.
    This thread has gotten a lot worse recently to be honest, initially people were just surprised and annoyed, now some appear to be genuinely bitter. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Been debate in this thread but maybe time to close it
    People like her her product and its a one person show and she likes to take a holiday
    Its nice to see in this day and age of 7 day working i wish shops closed here sunday too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity Johnnyv are you anything to Badass Lady?.. Very defensive of any kind of complaint thrown her way?.

If any other business in the city closed for 6 weeks and the owner when swanning off there would be uproar, Badass should be treated the exact same! Especially with the odd opening hours!

I have nothing to do with this lady. I don't even eat there regularly.

I think some of the criticism on here is over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I have nothing to do with this lady. I don't even eat there regularly.

I think some of the criticism on here is over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Here's the thing about running your own business. If you are meeting your outgoings and happy with the income it's bringing you. You can operate how you like. And seeing as how Badass has been going for over 3 years, the odds are that's what's happening. Not everyone opens a business to make as much money as possible. Some people do it, in order to do a job they enjoy in a way that suits their life. Mags Nash is obviously the latter type. And if that's what makes her happy them more power to her and anyone how has a problem with that needs to get over themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

iguana wrote: »
    Here's the thing about running your own business. If you are meeting your outgoings and happy with the income it's bringing you. You can operate how you like. And seeing as how Badass has been going for over 3 years, the odds are that's what's happening. Not everyone opens a business to make as much money as possible. Some people do it, in order to do a job they enjoy in a way that suits their life. Mags Nash is obviously the latter type. And if that's what makes her happy them more power to her and anyone how has a problem with that needs to get over themselves.

Thats the dream right there.....

work as little as possible live as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

iguana wrote: »

I dont think people on here seem to get the picture and its scary to be honest, the lady Mags aside ( personally she is a lovely lady) if you are going to open a business from 11am to 6 pm, open at them blooming times !!! talk about a one horse town!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed! I've never tried her burritos because she's always closed when I want one. Random opening times isn't a way to run a business. If your business hours are 11-6 then open those hours and always open those hours. The fact that this lady can head off for 7 weeks and return to a booming business says more about the city than anything else. She hasn't got any credible competition and if something like Boojium opened in the city center, she'd be toast.

I dont think people on here seem to get the picture and its scary to be honest, the lady Mags aside ( personally she is a lovely lady) if you are going to open a business from 11am to 6 pm, open at them blooming times !!! talk about a one horse town!!!

You're the one who doesn't get it. It's unbelievably simple, she owes you nothing, it's her business to do with as she pleases, she works hard and has flagged this absence for a while. She has opening hours that she generally sticks to rigidly.
    You really need to get over yourself, this is quite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

People here seem to forget that it's conflict that has made this thread so great. Would we have 57 epic pages of discussion on burritos if we all agreed?! :D

Long live Burrito Wars!

I'd love to see Boojum open here in order to create a little more competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

She claimed a van parked outside Pennies was going to cause her to shut down, yet can afford to close the business for 6 weeks to go on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm going to throw this (https://limerickunderground.org/2016/06/03/introducing-the-badass-lady/) up again to remind people of:
    1) Her regular opening hours are Wednesday to Saturday 12- 8 and have been for the last two years. Sometimes she is forced to close suddenly to look after her mother whom is elderly and sick.
    2) She never claimed that Mexican Food Dudes would shut her down. Her complaint was always with the council whom appeared to change the requirements for traders to have a place in the Urban Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Sensible posts like that last one should only be allowed AFTER she has been burnt at the stake for witchcraft. They have no place being here before we have cleansed ourselves of her and her devil food. We need to go through the mass purgatory of beating ourselves up in retrospect for our intolerance of her fiendish ways and profess our longing for the days when you could never be sure would she be open or not. Then we will crowdfund a statue in tribute and give it pride of place at the mini roundabout with the suspension-busting speedbumps near TK Maxx, directly in front of the splendour of the ghost retail park and we will stare in wonder at how fitting it is indeed to have her memory enshrined slap bang in front of something else which will never fecking open and we will realise that being open some of the time ain't so bad after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I think some people on here won't be satisfied until she closes down... so they can point the finger at her non-stereotypical way of running a business and gather up their internet points.

And then she gets replaced by a chain from Dublin! Yay for local independent retail.

Like Alonso77, I'm completely baffled at the levels of people's reactions to her and the length of the thread on here. About a small burrito shop. Mental. (Great reading mind you!)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

The major issue is the Burritos are so damn good.
    It's like a drug dealer telling you he'll only sell you heroin once a week, and then telling you he's going on holidays for 6 weeks and there's nowhere else to get it, you can understand why people get antsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

talk about a one horse town!!!

Of all the things I've ever heard said about Limerick, it's never been that we've just got one horse.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Townie_P

I finally had a badass burrito a few weeks ago. Found the lady behind the counter pleasant and personable. The burrito was nice but it didn't blow my socks off either. Don't know what all the fuss is about really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Townie_P wrote: »
    I finally had a badass burrito a few weeks ago. Found the lady behind the counter pleasant and personable. The burrito was nice but it didn't blow my socks off either. Don't know what all the fuss is about really.
    Yes, you sound like a normal, well adjusted person. A lot of this thread makes very little sense to normal well adjusted people.

However, if you feel that you're missing some :mad: OUTRRRRRAAAAAGE :mad: in your life I'm sure the Limerick members of the Burrito RAGE Association can arrange for a large taco chip to be attached to your shoulder ;););)

I passed there. Closed for 6 weeks me hole.

Open right now. Today.

The amount of reckless if not malicious BS being spouted here is off the scale. Reflects very very badly on those at it, whatever their motivationsite may be....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I passed there. Closed for 6 weeks me hole.

Open right now. Today.

Ahem...
    davo2001 wrote: »
    Looks like Badass is closing for 7 weeks from the 25th August to the 5th October.

• Advertisement

OUTRAAAAge oh ah ahem :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

lmao don't worry, I thought the same as i passed it earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

3-4 weeks notice of being closed is not enough!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

R5p9G94.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Imagine being so furious that a woman has chosen to take control of her own life and live it the way she sees fit.

Could it be that those eviscerating her are projecting their own frustrations at not having the guts to do the same?

Nah. They just have hard-ons for best business practices. Like any normal person.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don't understand how this thread is still going.

Like her and/or her food? Buy from her. If you don't like her and/or her food, don't buy from her.

Happy with her hours, then great! Not happy with her hours, then equally great!

Are we missing anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I don't understand how this thread is still going.

Like her and/or her food? Buy from her. If you don't like her and/or her food, don't buy from her.

Happy with her hours, then great! Not happy with her hours, then equally great!

Are we missing anything else?

I guess it's because of people like you who think it's ok to operate like this and then there is people like me who arrive on like any normal person during supposed opening hours to find it closed ( who actually enjoy her food )

You have the power to close the thread so just close it and do us all a favour as we will all never agree : )

Peace and love , happy Sunday

I guess it's because of people like you who think it's ok operate like this and then there is people like me who arrive on like any normal person during supposed opening hours to find it closed ( who actually enjoy her food )

You have the power to close the thread so just close it and do us all a favour as we will all never agree : )

Not exactly, @FutureGuy was the original poster to question her business acumen and is still the only one who's done more than whine on an anonymous message board.
    Of course it's OK, it's her business to do with as she pleases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I guess it's because of people like you who think it's ok to operate like this and then there is people like me who arrive on like any normal person during supposed opening hours to find it closed ( who actually enjoy her food )

I have to pull you up there.

If you read the thread, you'll see I was immensely supportive of her when she first opened. Went in there regularly and when asked for feedback, I was very happy to provide. I was also defending her so much that someone joked I might be getting extra large burritos because of my positivity.

One day, I found her behaviour towards another customer to be a disgrace and I left. Made the mistake of showing my face in there a week later when she was incredibly nasty and haven't come near the place since. Other places get my business now. Simple as that.

As for her opening hours, to be honest, she's entitled to run her business whichever way she wants. I do say that as a non-customer. If she wants to work 2 days randomly every fortnight, she's perfectly entitled to do so. If she wants to close an hour early because she is out of stuff, she's perfectly entitled to do so. She has plenty of customers that are cool with her opening hours and are happy to give her business. To be fair, her hours are far more stable than they were when she started. Wednesday-Saturday. Would I run a business differently, yes, but it's not my business, it's hers and if the model works for her, then that's brilliant. :-) lots of people strive for that and she has it.

Honestly, if you like the place, keep eating there. You know she sometimes runs out of ingredients so plan your trip accordingly. Check her Facebook to se if she has closed for the day. If she is, eat elsewhere.
    Not exactly, @FutureGuy was the original poster to question her business acumen and is still the only one who's done more than whine on an anonymous message board.
    Of course it's OK, it's her business to do with as she pleases.

Definitely not the first person on thread but agreed with much of what was being said. But yeah, I voted with my wallet. That's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Ah jesus she is closed until october. I want to try the damn place!

Advertisement