Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Ah jesus she is closed until october. I want to try the damn place!

From the 25th of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

bazz26 wrote: »

Ah! I thought she was closed now! Excellent, saturdays lunch sorted so! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Lol closed until October?

Bloody hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Opening from 12-8 is a great idea... I had a client who ran a coffee shop in Dublin for one shift per day, from morning to afternoon & refused to stay open any later to pick up the evening trade... He was beside a train station and sold a serious amount of coffee, but closed at 4.30 even though he had guarunteed footfall in the evening. He made a good living from it and only changed his policy when he got a lease for the building behind & opened a restaurant. Which in his view made the additional shift worth while.

The Limerick Burrito Lady is obviously shrewd, hasn't overstaffed & is managing her business within a set of constraints... fair play to her, I wish her the best with her success. If she was opening for more hours she would have to ramp up, employ more people, transfer her passion and skill to others, manage PRSI & labour law etc.

So what if you can't have a Burrito when you want one... the next one will taste all the better for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

bazz26 wrote: »

Nope, went there on Saturday, she is closed since then.

Couldn't find Mexican food dudes and the place on high street is closed.

Do these businesses actually want business or what?

I can understand if they have reasons to be closed but I won't feel one bit of remorse if they shut down citing lack of business!

This has been my 4th or 5th time trying to get food there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Nope, went there on Saturday, she is closed since then.

Couldn't find Mexican food dudes and the place on high street is closed.

Do these businesses actually want business or what?

I can understand if they have reasons to be closed but I won't feel one bit of remorse if they shut down citing lack of business!

This has been my 4th or 5th time trying to get food there.

The Badass FB pages says she's closed from the 20th of August and back on the 5th October. Not sure if she had originally posted the 25th and then deleted/edited the post to reflect a new date.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

In fairness does she not have any consideration for Burrito Wars FFS. What are we going to argue about now until she returns from leave and joins the field of battle?! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In fairness does she not have any consideration for Burrito Wars FFS. What are we going to argue about now until she returns from leave and joins the field of battle?! :D

Donuts, pedestrianisation of the city centre, Parkway Valley, and the monorail? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wigsa100

So is there anywhere selling burritos in Limerick other than the mobile place by Penneys? And also other than the one next to Casa Nova, which is pretty poor.

• Advertisement

Centra O'Connell Street

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Centra O'Connell Street

They are terrible.

Badass was slated just for Microwaving the wraps at one stage, Centra microwave the whole thing!

Yeah they're not great. I'd take them over a McDonalds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Let the Burrito War continue or will it be Taco War :)

I saw MFD will be opening outside Penneys again in one of the shacks! Cant wait as I love taco's

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sweet Jeeebus, I thought this thread had finally died!!!!! Feck ya McLove!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry mate :D - i was surprised how far down it had got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Hmm taco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

gonna be hard to wage a war when your on your holliers for 6 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

When Mags is away, the council will play

mitresize5 wrote: »
    gonna be hard to wage a war when your on your holliers for 6 weeks

Maybe she is actually gone abroad to raise a mercenary burrito army and will return to rape and pillage all competitors on her return.

58399622.jpg

• Advertisement

All appears to be got quiet on the burrito front. :(

Who thought we could get 60 pages and almost 900 posts out of the humble burrito. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I believe BadAss returned earlier than expected. One of the lads on Snapchat had a picture up yesterday of one of her burritos. I'll probably get myself something there this afternoon. Just one of those lazy food days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

It's about to kick off don't worry MFD opening in the urban garden, badass just back open its only a matter of time.

sioda wrote: »
    It's about to kick off don't worry MFD opening in the urban garden, badass just back open its only a matter of time.

They said on the MFD Facebook they'd be open on Monday but I was in the city yesterday and it was still shut up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Had my first Badass burrito today. It was pretty decent tbh. Friendly service too. €7.50 aint cheap however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Seems to open in the Urban Garden when it feels like.Town was mopped on sunday and its shut up

bigpink wrote: »
    Seems to open in the Urban Garden when it feels like.Town was mopped on sunday and its shut up

The burritos from MFD are not even on the same scale of Badass. They are dry, bland and the last one I got from them was more wrap than fillings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭browne_rob5

Boojum have announced they are opening in Cork in January. Maybe Limerick might be next. I don't think Badass or MFD would last long if they did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Treepole wrote: »
    The burritos from MFD are not even on the same scale of Badass. They are dry, bland and the last one I got from them was more wrap than fillings.

Went to it in King Johns it was awful aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I said before that MFD was bland and essentially awful, but I tried them again the other day and was relatively impressed, to be fair to them. I let the woman there make it whatever way she wanted for me and ended up with a lovely and surprisingly flavourful chicken burrito. I'd still prefer Badass, but unfortunately the Urban Garden location does make MFD much more convenient.

Advertisement