Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kyanite wrote: »
    I agree with most of what Tototoe posted. I've certainly had better (of course. We are talkin' mexican food behind the ireland curtain).

However, I prefaced my cheerleading rant with

"Badass Burritos is as close to mexican authenticity as you're gonna get in Limerick"

on purpose.

I know, I know. Reading comprehension is so tricky.

As for those that think they've sleuthed my identity; ain't gonna happen, folks.

Ok Mags whatever you say

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    Mags burritos are healthy I think!

They would be if I didn't get both guacamole and sour cream. :P Worth it though. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Badarse Burritos are like something you'd get in a canteen somewhere, the meat looks like those chunks in Winalot or Pedigree Chum dog food. Rank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ok Mags whatever you say

Unbelievable, you're at least the third person who has made this incredibly lame putdown just because the points (clumsily possibly due to cultural differences) made don't suit your narrative.
    There was a time when this 'Hi (insert name of person who is being defended)' was frowned upon here, it is the very lowest form of wit imaginable.

Good points Kyanite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Unbelievable, you're at least the third person who has made this incredibly lame putdown just because the points (clumsily possibly due to cultural differences) made don't suit your narrative.
    There was a time when this 'Hi (insert name of person who is being defended)' was frowned upon here, it is the very lowest form of wit imaginable.

Good points Kyanite.

I saw it more as a swipe at an a/c created just to come in and claim unverifiable expertise that makes them more qualified to give an opinion .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    I saw it more as a swipe at an a/c created just to come in and claim unverifiable expertise that makes them more qualified to give an opinion .

Exactly, new account created to shill for an existing business that is about to get increased competition and potentially take all their customers. Come off it swiper you're around here long enough to know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kyanite

Out the gate, I said the account was initially created for posting in this thread, junior detectives.

To see that opinions on taste and flavor were being expressed by people who would eat uncooked bacon dripping with oil without a hint of perspective was too much to handle. (I've sent white, uncooked, slimy "rashers" back to the kitchen(s) so many times, I've stopped ordering anything with bacon in it.)

The only people who have any business comparing one burrito to another are the people who've eaten more than 5 or 6 of 'em.

I can feel that my ultra-qualified opinions are needed on other threads. A stoooorm is coming, boards.ie! Better put me on ignore now and save your fragile minds the impact of how right I always am.

I'll be back when I try Boojum's burritos to give my divine and infallible opinion on how their military technology will affect the outcome of these burrito wars.

Ugh...

For your information Mags, you are not the only one that lived in San Francisco. Or Mexico.

I lived in the Mission too, had the authentic offerings day in day out.

Also lived in Mexico and even catered a wedding there.

Sorry your stuff is about as authentic as Old El Paso

Question for the mods.
    Is this Hi Mags type of post cool around here? I'd rather somebody abused me than patronise my opinion like that

]

This just gets funnier and funnier...

No it doesn't

• Advertisement

Question for the mods.
    Is this Hi Mags type of post cool around here? I'd rather somebody abused me than patronise my opinion like that

Use the report button if you don't think they're acceptable. It's very suspect that someone creates an account just for this thread and then belittles people's experiences and disgregards people's tastes. The comments from this new poster seem a lot like the attitude of the restaurant owner in question.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Use the report button if you don't think they're acceptable. It's very suspect that someone creates an account just for this thread and then belittles people's experiences and disgregards people's tastes. The comments from this new poster seem a lot like the attitude of the restaurant owner in question.

One second, do you really believe that it is the owner of BadAss burritos?????

It's absolute bottom of the barrel stuff, if it's inaccurate make a counter argument, somebody a few posts ago compared her food to dogfood, that's a disgraceful comment, i wouldn't go near the place on the back of a comment like that, I'm on record as saying i like her burritos but i have zero connection with her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Say what you want about Mag’s, surely no one thinks that this person is actually the owner? The person is also saying he/she saw chemtrails in Limerick.

Mags is known for her “unique” attitude when dealing with some customers. I don’t think she’d be a believer in this sort of crazy thing. Chemtrails. :-D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Please no attempting to ID posters.

Back to discussion of burritos, and not the people who eat them.

Ugh...

For your information Mags, you are not the only one that lived in San Francisco. Or Mexico.

I lived in the Mission too, had the authentic offerings day in day out.

Also lived in Mexico and even catered a wedding there.

Sorry your stuff is about as authentic as Old El Paso

I’ve never lived there so good to see someone with actual experience commenting on what Mission style are actually like.

No update on Boojum opening date either. Definitely lots of work going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

FutureGuy wrote: »

They're hiring for front of house, kitchen etc too so hopefully it'll move along soon.

Personally I make my own Burritos/Tacos etc and I can guarantee you the ingredients are better than anything you will find in a restaurant in Limerick.

I've had Boojum before, they are nice but not exactly mindblowing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’ve never lived there so good to see someone with actual experience commenting on what Mission style are actually like.

I have heard it’ll be open to the public on 1st Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Looking forward to it. Have only been in Badass 2 or 3 times the last few years when she was on O'Connell Street. But with so many people complaining about the owner it might be nice for some competition to keep her on her toes. Might do wonders for her attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Boojum's fb and Twitter page are up and running (Boojum Limerick)
    Can't be long now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Kyanite wrote: »
    Yes, I created this account just for the Burrito Wars thread!

Who here is mexican? Who has lived in the southern half of north america? Who has had any familiarity with the local cuisines there? None of you? Then shuuuuuuut up.

Not mexican, but Californian who grew up near San Francisco and I can honestly say I was not one bit impressed with Badass. The salsa I had the one time I went there had unripened/white tomatoes in it :confused: and absolutely no flavour.
    I never went back as I have a really hard time paying for stuff that I can make better on my own at home. I had no interactions with the woman so I cant comment on that..

Boojum on the other hand, I love! Have had it in Dublin loads! It is absolutely fabulous and I cannot wait for them to open here! Its like a dream come true! Even my partner, who is a snobby chef :p LOVED it! That is saying something!

Just my 2c :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

gregers85 wrote: »

Yay! Boojum’s FB has a post up. Pic of a burrito and caption says ‘5 days until... u inhale this’.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Their bespoke Limerick t shirt is class

Their bespoke Limerick t shirt is class

Definitely. Would love to know who designed it.

2 days until a tactical strike brings an end to the Burrito Wars.

2 days until a tactical strike brings an end to the Burrito Wars.

Can't wait for the Peace this will bring to the end of the Burrito Wars. No doubt Mags will have something to complain about.

I'm picturing a huge queue stretching down Patrick St on Friday. Perhaps us Boardsies should have some sort of signal so we can recognise each other? :D

Just on their Twitter page. Free burrito AND free t shirt for the first THREE HUNDRED in! Doors open at 11.30.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

They seem to be all marketing anyway
    Is it really that amazing?
    Seen huge numbers waiting in line in Dublin for the place

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What now for Mexican Food dudes and Badass?

Advertisement