Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Boojum Limerick are offering a free Burrito and a free T-Shirt to the first 300 people on Friday.

You have to give them kudos on their marketing anyways. Good at building hype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

bigpink wrote: »
    What now for Mexican Food dudes and Badass?

I guess they will have to up their games...eat or be eaten!

I passed by Boojum today and, although it's not open yet, it is great to see a building of such prominence being put to use. Was an eyesore there for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Isn't MFD closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I don't even like Burritos but I'd buy one just for the free t shirt it's that nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I don't even like Burritos but I'd buy one just for the free t shirt it's that nice

You can win one on Spin Southwest as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

sioda wrote: »
    Isn't MFD closed?

Facebook page gone and says closed on just eat

When did MFD close does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There seems to be some kind of corporate private event in Boojum this evening. The place was full. I had my face sadly pressed to the window :D

Sad if true about Mexican Food Dudes even I wasnt a big fan it’s a local run business
    It’s like people saying oh wish there was late coffee/indie shops and never supported them but flock to Starbucks like sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    There seems to be some kind of corporate private event in Boojum this evening. The place was full. I had my face sadly pressed to the window :D

Preview for Limerick Chamber Members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Sad if true about Mexican Food Dudes even I wasnt a big fan it’s a local run business
    It’s like people saying oh wish there was late coffee/indie shops and never supported them but flock to Starbucks like sheep

Their food was very poor. I like Mexican Food and the days I work in Limerick I would be in that general area, but often walked past it and went all the way up to Badass for a Burrito. Regardless of what people think of the badass woman the burritos are streets ahead of MFD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I’m afraid I’ll have some form of PTSD when ordering my first boojum in Limerick. The war has been very stressful.

“Good afternoon sir, what can I get for you?”

“Why aren’t you screaming at me man? Why aren’t you insulting me or ignoring customers? I’m ordering a burrito. I don’t understand” *breaks down crying*

“It’s ok. You’re in a safe place here”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I see on twitter all the Limerick hobnobs are at some special evening in Boojum. I guess none of the boardies were invited??

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

It's D-day.... I passed boojum earlier. It looked like there was people queing up already! Either that or could have been staff waiting to go in.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    It's D-day.... I passed boojum earlier. It looked like there was people queing up already! Either that or could have been staff waiting to go in.

300 free burritos and 300 free t-shirt...I reckon there will be huge queues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

jaysus if youre willing to queue for some free food and a tshirt you should sit down and have a good talk with yourself about where your life is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I've seen that same hype around Boojum in Galway and Dublin. It seems to work. Their food is good, but they're trendy and that matters more to a lot of people. I can see myself going there when I'm with friends and/or when Badass Burritos isn't open. But if Badass is open and I'm on my own looking to get a bit of grub, I'd imagine I'll still go there because they're very good burritos. I don't like crowded, noisy places either and that will keep me away from Boojum if it's busy.

zulutango wrote: »
    I've seen that same hype around Boojum in Galway and Dublin. It seems to work. Their food is good, but they're trendy and that matters more to a lot of people. I can see myself going there when I'm with friends and/or when Badass Burritos isn't open. But if Badass is open and I'm on my own looking to get a bit of grub, I'd imagine I'll still go there because they're very good burritos. I don't like crowded, noisy places either and that will keep me away from Boojum if it's busy.

I'd also think the vastly superior customer service, the steady opening hours, the vast selection of foods would be more important to those choosing Boojum over Badass would be more important than being trendy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'd also think the vastly superior customer service, the steady opening hours, the vast selection of foods would be more important to those choosing Boojum over Badass would be more important than being trendy?

nonsense....hipsters gotta be hipsters.

Loads of people will go to Boojum who have never heard of Badass. It won't be a matter of choice. Badass won't even be in their reckoning. Boojum has a lot going for it - good food, quick service, cheap. But the hype is a big part of it too. There's nothing wrong with that. Badass does good food, service is pretty good in my experience and I like the fact that it's not a manic environment as Boojum in Dublin and Galway often is. I can see myself going to both reasonably regularly depending on the situation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aside from closures to care for elderly relatives, the Badass opening hours have been pretty steady for ages. It's cool to not like a restaurant/business, but you've been a little bit unfair on that place in your last few posts (in my opinion).

Aside from closures to care for elderly relatives, the Badass opening hours have been pretty steady for ages. It's cool to not like a restaurant/business, but you've been a little bit unfair on that place in your last few posts (in my opinion).

In the post you mentioned related to the general feedback posted by other boardsies and others on social media in relation to where she is not as strong as her larger rivals. Her choice is poor compared to Boojum, her opening hours are changeable (if I went to her FB account, I'm sure I'll see some recent posts about closing) and her customer service to some people is infamous. Zulutango implied many go to Boojums because it is trendy, and I think there is far more to it than that.

To be fair, I have posted a number of times that she is completely entitled to run her business as she fit. I'm not going to pretend that I have any time for her as a person but I'm also not going to tell her how to run a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

People already voting with their feet and bellys and yeah i know its only the first day opening but the queue has been like this since it opened this morning. Lots of influential and Limerick personalities were invited to the opening last night too. It's a marketing stroke of genius

jesus christ, McLove .... that's poor form. What age are you!?

This is a fast food place to confirm not a sit down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

zulutango wrote: »

nwy2vazhged01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Mc Love wrote: »
    What's poor form? This is the #burritowars

Sure having two competing businesses will only be good for the customer

People queuing like sheep I see on twitter prob the same people that go to Starbucks and in future queue up for Nandos
    Hope they do well but support local independent business too

People queuing like sheep

How else should people queue? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mc Love wrote: »
    People already voting with their feet and bellys and yeah i know its only the first day opening but the queue has been like this since it opened this morning.

They are literally giving the food away for free though. And a free t-shirt with it.

Advertisement