Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Mc Love wrote:
    Lots of influential and Limerick personalities were invited to the opening last night too. It's a marketing stroke of genius

Well that's enough to turn me off it for life. The same people who were fawning over MFD not so long ago. Heading straight to Badass this evening for my dins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnny Wilcox

FutureGuy wrote: »

I'm not going to pretend that I have any time for her as a person.

The owners of Boards.ie should immediately remove you from their payroll. A moderator is defined as "is the person who is in charge of the discussion and makes sure that it is conducted in a fair and organized way". You have discriminated against the owner of Badass Burritos and have not remained neutral in the discussion.
    The "Limerick" forum is often full of posts stating we should support more local businesses, yet this does not seem to be the case at all. This forum has descended into childish bullying against one of our own citizens.
    McLove, you should remove the 2 photos you posted. Childish and immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

iguana wrote: »
    They are literally giving the food away for free though. And a free t-shirt with it.

First 300 though

panda100 wrote: »
    Well that's enough to turn me off it for life. The same people who were fawning over MFD not so long ago. Heading straight to Badass this evening for my dins.

You're not going there ever because they have a well run business and know how to makrket it successfully

The owners of Boards.ie should immediately remove you from their payroll. A moderator is defined as "is the person who is in charge of the discussion and makes sure that it is conducted in a fair and organized way". You have discriminated against the owner of Badass Burritos and have not remained neutral in the discussion.
    The "Limerick" forum is often full of posts stating we should support more local businesses, yet this does not seem to be the case at all. This forum has descended into childish bullying against one of our own citizens.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't boojum an indigenous business employing multiple employees contributing more to the economy? Raising the profile of Limerick too which will hopefully attract more business to the city?

Sorry for multiple posts, on my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A good while back, i was around Limerick and was looking for somewhere different to eat, said I'd give badass a go...It was closed.

Have passed it many times(not within the past 4 months admittedly) and it's been closed more times than open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Payroll? Mods don't get paid. It's a volunteer position which only covers the particular forum you moderate. FutureGuy is just a regular poster on the Limerick forum and has no need to stay neutral on any discussion. (I like Badass btw, and have never had anything but positive interactions with Mags.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    A good while back, i was around Limerick and was looking for somewhere different to eat, said I'd give badass a go...It was closed.

Have passed it many times(not within the past 4 months admittedly) and it's been closed more times than open.

That's why boojum will work. It will be open when u want it , they will have the food u want and is a nice place to sit and eat with decent customer service. It's not magic, its just good business and clever effective marketing. Badass could have had that if she had put more effort in imo. The market is and was there for someone to do it properly and she failed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

bigpink wrote: »
    People queuing like sheep I see on twitter prob the same people that go to Starbucks and in future queue up for Nandos
    Hope they do well but support local independent business too

Sheep like good food not insults. Baaa.

tototoe wrote: »
    That's why boojum will work. It will be open when u want it , they will have the food u want and is a nice place to sit and eat with decent customer service. It's not magic, its just good business and clever effective marketing. Badass could have had that if she had put more effort in imo. The market is and was there for someone to do it properly and she failed.

Which is a shame its great for a local business to take off, i do hope boojum takes off because it seems to have hired a lot of people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Comparing the quality of burrito is fine, but comparing the businessess is ridiculous. They've a totally different approach, different objectives, etc. To say Badass Burritos has failed, is just silly. She's open and working away and making good food. Boojum are a totally different kind of operation.

Thanks Johnny. Given it's your first post in over 7 years, I'll explain that I am not paid, nor am I the mod of this forum. I have an opinion and I am entitled to share it.

zulutango wrote: »
    Comparing the quality of burrito is fine, but comparing the businessess is ridiculous. They've a totally different approach, different objectives, etc. To say Badass Burritos has failed, is just silly. She's open and working away and making good food. Boojum are a totally different kind of operation.

Badass is a hobby and Boojum is a business?

bigpink wrote: »
    People queuing like sheep I see on twitter prob the same people that go to Starbucks and in future queue up for Nandos
    Hope they do well but support local independent business too

I support the local business when I like the people that run them :eek:

There is a clear winner in this Burrito war and that is Limerick.

We have the best "big" burrito franchise in the country and we have (separating owner and product) the best independent small burrito business too.

What will happen if we all get sick of of burritos though? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Badass is a hobby and Boojum is a business?

Badass is a lifestyle business I would say. It's a one-woman show and she makes her living from it. Nothing wrong with that and she's done a good job. Most small business fail within the first few years. She's still around and deserves respect for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnny Wilcox

Thanks Johnny. Given it's your first post in over 7 years, I'll explain that I am not paid, nor am I the mod of this forum. I have an opinion and I am entitled to share it.

What's with the smarta$$ reply?
    Yes, you're colleague kindly explained that earlier.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against Badass Burritos. I have no affiliation with that woman but perhaps you should cut her some slack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads yis are making me fooking starving

What's with the smarta$$ reply?
    Yes, you're colleague kindly explained that earlier.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against Badass Burritos. I have no affiliation with that woman but perhaps you should cut her some slack.

Not certain why you consider this to be smartarse in anyway Johnny? You are not a frequent user of boards and I missed the other response?

As I have said many many times at this stage, she has a good product, she is entitled to run her business as she sees fit but I don't have to be a customer based on this. I'm super excited by boojums opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I never got a free t-shirt and burrito from badarse

I'm offended and outraged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Has anyone been in to boojum today?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

There is a clear winner in this Burrito war and that is Limerick.

We have the best "big" burrito franchise in the country and we have (separating owner and product) the best independent small burrito business too.

What will happen if we all get sick of of burritos though? :P

Don’t forget Cantina out in Thomondgate :-p Handy if out that side of town.

Cantina in thomondgate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Ah jeez don't add another one into the mix of warring factions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Wait a sec - this Mexican food thing - it is minced meat/chilis/tomato in a whiteflour wrap, right?

Just need to know whether I or some posters on this thread have completely and utterly lost all perspective in life.

topper75 wrote: »
    Wait a sec - this Mexican food thing - it is minced meat/chilis/tomato in a whiteflour wrap, right?

Just need to know whether I or some posters on this thread have completely and utterly lost all perspective in life.

Sometimes there is beans and salsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭lorcand1990

Sometimes there is beans and salsa

Remember.. Guacamole costs extra :D

Remember.. Guacamole costs extra :D

Ha ha ebs/boi mortgage advert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

In there now, place is mobbed, over 30 in the queue.

Advertisement