Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

In there now, place is mobbed, over 30 in the queue.

Same around 7, jammed. And people from students to office workers..all queuing for a burrito. It's bonkers really but tasty food all the same. Can't remember the last time there was that kind of buzz about something opening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Well guys, how were the burritos, or are ye still in the queue? :D
    I've had it before in Galway. Mad to try Limerick but will give it a few days I think now until the hype (and the crowds) calms down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

tototoe wrote: »
    Same around 7, jammed. And people from students to office workers..all queuing for a burrito. It's bonkers really but tasty food all the same. Can't remember the last time there was that kind of buzz about something opening.

People are sheep. It's actually baffling. It's not like there haven't been burritos on sale in Limerick before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Or they might like somewhere that has good customer service. I never tried burritos before so had no dealings with any other businesses but must have been at least 10 people in the queue around me who all had negative comments about the owner of Badass Burritos attitude at times and some talked about loyalty cards they already had that can be used in Limericks Boojum store regularly now as another positive to see the store open in Limerick.

I wouldn't be a lover of it and probably won't be back but if I was someone who'd be going for a burrito once a week then Boojum alone would win for the loyalty card, the good customer service would just be an added bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Ha ha ebs/boi mortgage advert

I don’t know what a taco mortgage is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Treepole wrote: »
    People are sheep. It's actually baffling. It's not like there haven't been burritos on sale in Limerick before now.

Posts calling people sheep because they are trying out a new restaurant are laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

zulutango wrote: »
    Comparing the quality of burrito is fine, but comparing the businessess is ridiculous. They've a totally different approach, different objectives, etc. To say Badass Burritos has failed, is just silly. She's open and working away and making good food. Boojum are a totally different kind of operation.

The comparison is valid in the sense they both sell burritos, but point taken. To be fair she has done well...and was the original burrito for many so failed is wrong to say.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Boojum has opened. The burrito wars are over.

Limerick has arrived! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Posts calling people sheep because they are trying out a new restaurant are laughable.

This thread is great fun but has stirred passions like no other and all bets appear to be off, there’s been an awful lot more posts lambasting the tiny business owner including quite a few I’ve considered to be in bad taste.
    To be fair I would have thought that the ‘sheep’ comment referred to the people who queued for hours, obviously lots of people have nothing else to be doing though.
    Anyway, nobody is entitled to a monopoly, I think badass business will be seriously affected but I hope she can stay afloat, if one poster is to be believed she was the main topic of conversation in the queue anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Top quality burrito enjoyed yesterday despite huge crowds. Who cares if there is hype if the actual food is very good. The sheep all got tasty food yesterday and will surely be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This thread is great fun but has stirred passions like no other and all bets appear to be off, there’s been an awful lot more posts lambasting the tiny business owner including quite a few I’ve considered to be in bad taste.
    I guess the only reason people are lambasting the tiny business owner is because of the attitude they and others experienced as she lambasted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

How dare people try out a new restaurant. The cheek of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Got one yesterday about 1.30, place was still mobbed(I thought the crowds would have died down by then but obviously not!). Even though the queue was massive it was moving quickly and the burrito I got was savage, easily the best in the city and I definitely will return. It's a great addition to that side of the city, I've never seen so many people up that part of town ever. Staff were lovely as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Umekichi wrote: »
    Got one yesterday about 1.30, place was still mobbed(I thought the crowds would have died down by then but obviously not!). Even though the queue was massive it was moving quickly and the burrito I got was savage, easily the best in the city and I definitely will return. It's a great addition to that side of the city, I've never seen so many people up that part of town ever.Staff were lovely as well.

It’s hardly off the beaten track. :pac:

It’s Boojum time!!! Finally! Looking forward to my usual carnitas burrito and curious to see if they have hit the ground running in terms of the quality.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It’s Boojum time!!! Finally! Looking forward to my usual carnitas burrito and curious to see if they have hit the ground running in terms of the quality.

I was in there for lunch. Top class. Shredded beef, black beans, Mexican rice, extra guacamole and sauted peppers, spicy salsa. Long queue but worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Got my loyalty card.

Had a chicken burrito last night and barbacoa fajitas today. Both were gorgeous.

For those of you that have had badarse recently how do they compare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm sort of disappointed that Boojum have came in with their brand of blitzkrieg and steamrolled the enemy. I was hoping the Burrito Wars were going to end up in total war, a bloody war of attrition, war crimes to bate the band.

Maybe Mags might take to the hills and engage in guerrilla warfare. Sneak up on you with a tasty burrito and a mean, salty attitude.

We can only hope. Your move Badasses.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For those of you that have had badarse recently how do they compare?

The real advantage Boojum have now is the loyalty card/student I.D. discount. The burritos in Badass are pretty damn good, especially with sour cream, and the bonus with Mags is that you get to pick your 2 toppings instead of having sour cream and cheese as standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm sort of disappointed that Boojum have came in with their brand of blitzkrieg and steamrolled the enemy. I was hoping the Burrito Wars were going to end up in total war, a bloody war of attrition, war crimes to bate the band.

Maybe Mags might take to the hills and engage in guerrilla warfare. Sneak up on you with a tasty burrito and a mean, salty attitude.

We can only hope. Your move Badasses.

Freshii seem like a newcomer too advertising their burritos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Got one in Boojum last night to see what all the fuss is about, didn't think there was any difference in quality to Bad Ass to be honest, in fact we were both a bit underwhelmed. They weren't doing nachos either for the opening weekend they said, which was a bit disappointing.

I don't have any dog in this fight and I'd say I'll just rotate between the two businesses a bit until my mind is made up for me, but it's not like I eat a lot of burritos anyway.

Good to see a new business doing well though, the buzz around the place has been massive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

The real advantage Boojum have now is the loyalty card/student I.D. discount. The burritos in Badass are pretty damn good, especially with sour cream, and the bonus with Mags is that you get to pick your 2 toppings instead of having sour cream and cheese as standard.

Is there much of a discount for students? What's the deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was there for lunch today. It was grand to be surrounded by others clueless to the ingredients and ordering sequence. Cash only today but didn't see many complaints about it. Quite enjoyed a casual experience in there with a good quality burrito and fajita.

Queue when we were finishing was heading towards the door furthest from the counter.

Had run out of 2 of the ingredients I wanted.

Berty wrote: »

Had run out of 2 of the ingredients I wanted.

Was going to head in shortly. What have they run out of?

Really enjoyed our order last night. Ironically, the huge queues will probably mean good business ending up at BadAss in the short term as some won’t queue for that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Really enjoyed our order last night. Ironically, the huge queues will probably mean good business ending up at BadAss in the short term as some won’t queue for that long.

This is predictable I suppose but I’m sitting down with a pork burrito right now and it’s good but Badass does it better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Was going to head in shortly. What have they run out of?

Black Beans and one of the Salsas. Mild one or something but considering the medium wasn't all too hot I'll go with Spicy/Hot next time.

The positioning of the little drinks fridge leaves a lot to be desired though and I will suggest that some people will definitely steal some drinks or "forget" to pay for them.

The positioning of the little drinks fridge leaves a lot to be desired though and I will suggest that some people will definitely steal some drinks or "forget" to pay for them.

The fridge in their Galway restaurant is in a similar position in relation to the queue and the counter. I'd say the owners know what to expect.

Black Beans and one of the Salsas. Mild one or something but considering the medium wasn't all too hot I'll go with Spicy/Hot next time.

I went in around 4. Had the black beans and mild salsa myself so definitely back in again. Think I'll go with a bowl next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Went down there just now to check it out. The queues are still big, mostly teenagers from what I could see. The point made earlier about it being popular in part because it is trendy is valid I think. I've no interest in queuing so I'll come back another time.

Advertisement