Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I wonder will it be like the milkshake fad we had years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have to say the queue moves very fast though. There was about 20-25 people in front of me and I was only queueing for about 10 minutes, but yeah, I did feel kind of 'old' in there alright. I'm late thirties.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is predictable I suppose but I’m sitting down with a pork burrito right now and it’s good but Badass does it better

Each to their own :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

zulutango wrote: »
    Went down there just now to check it out. The queues are still big, mostly teenagers from what I could see. The point made earlier about it being popular in part because it is trendy is valid I think. I've no interest in queuing so I'll come back another time.

Was there myself about that time but it looked like there was about fifty people queuing. Thought it might have quitened down a bit but it's great to see, I'll be back once they sort their online collection sorted or if the queue quitens down

I forgot to add but Freshii do a fantastic Smokehouse Burrito.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I got a pork burrito last night. It's on par with Bad Ass imo. Boojum definitely know how to market themselves properly and it will be the trendy place for a while. I'll be back at some point but it's not worth queuing for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I went there this evening with an open mind. I've had good burritos in the Galway and Dublin Boojum outlets. However, the Limerick operation is in the ha'penny place compared to those other shops and indeed Badass Burritos. I expected it to be close but actually it's really in a lower league. You have to queue for 15 minutes. While the choice is good, it's not well prepared. In fact everything from the wrap to the rice to the filling was undercooked. And, for good measure, you get a lot smaller burrito than you do in Badass. Don't believe the hype folks. For what it's worth, the service was pleasant. I'll go back on occasion to see if they improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Lol

Facts are facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

zulutango wrote:
    Facts are facts.

But surely in this case it is an opinion, not a fact ?

• Advertisement

No, it is a fact that the burritos are smaller, the ingredients less well cooked, the queue is 15 minutes.

It's an opinion that Badass burritos are better, based on these indisputable facts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lol

More bad manners from the anti Badass crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

You couldn't make this up if you tried. :D

I'm done, this is descending into an utterly farcical thread. Eat whatever ye want wherever ye want.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

There is only one thing for this lads. I've never had a burrito. Therefore my opinion is completely unbiased. Someone bring me a Boojum and a Badass and ill sort this out once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

No, it is a fact that the burritos are smaller, the ingredients less well cooked, the queue is 15 minutes.

Tbf to Boojum, that could have more to do with how insanely busy they are atm and kitchen and staff finding it's rhythm and not an indication of how the food will be once the business settles down. While I suspect Boojum will do quite well, I do have quite a bit of experience with opening businesses and I know that having an extremely busy launch isn't a great indicator of how a business will fare long-term once the buzz has died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I'm a long term viewer and very occasional poster on the Limerick forum.

I remember for a couple of years the busiest thread was the 'Limerick Businesses Closed' and your heart would break reading it. Multi generational Limerick businesses closing and it seemed like hundreds of jobs a month were going.

The fact that the busiest thread these days is about over priced imitation Mexican food actually fills my heart with joy :-)

Limerick - I love you

iguana wrote: »
    Tbf to Boojum, that could have more to do with how insanely busy they are atm and kitchen and staff finding it's rhythm and not an indication of how the food will be once the business settles down. While I suspect Boojum will do quite well, I do have quite a bit of experience with opening businesses and I know that having an extremely busy launch isn't a great indicator of how a business will fare long-term once the buzz has died down.

The teenagers will wander away at some point and a different kind of customer will go there. In Galway and Dublin there's a demographic that goes to Boojum that Limerick City centre doesn't have much of (students and office workers). They're in for a rougher ride here in the long run I think. That said, if the Opera Project proceeds and a few hundred or even a few thousand twenty-somethings start working in there, then it'll clean up. That's quite a few years away though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The teenagers will wander away at some point and a different kind of customer will go there. In Galway and Dublin there's a demographic that goes to Boojum that Limerick City centre doesn't have much of (students and office workers). They're in for a rougher ride here in the long run I think. That said, if the Opera Project proceeds and a few hundred or even a few thousand twenty-somethings start working in there, then it'll clean up. That's quite a few years away though.

What nonsense are you spouting on about? There's plenty of office workers in the city center. As for students, many make the trip into town throughout to day to change buses etc. Instead of Maccy D's and Supermacs/Subway many will now have another option (one that will serve mex-tex food that is available without question)

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's plenty of office workers in the city center. As for students, many make the trip into town throughout to day to change buses etc. Instead of Maccy D's and Supermacs/Subway many will now have another option (one that will serve mex-tex food that is available without question)

I'm comparing with Galway and Dublin, where Boojum operates. Dublin has a huge 20-something professional demographic. Galway has a huge early 20's student demographic in the city centre. Limerick simply doesn't compare on either measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Haven't been to either Boojum or Badass (no clue where Badass is) although I spotted Boojum last night and it was jammed.

Might give one of them a shot but not arsed queuing for either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

kingtut wrote: »
    Haven't been to either Boojum or Badass (no clue where Badass is) although I spotted Boojum last night and it was jammed.

Might give one of them a shot but not arsed queuing for either.

Badass is up on Catherine Street.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Badass is up on Catherine Street.

Thanks, does it typically have a queue do you know? I haven't had a burrito in a long time but when I do I tend to go for chicken as I find anytime I get beef it's fatty / chewy and gets stuck in my teeth lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks, does it typically have a queue do you know?

Nope.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Nope.

Thanks, might give them a shot and hope that the Boojum crowds die down in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Had a boojum burrito in new limerick place yesterday . It was awful , worst burrito I've ever paid for , everything undercooked and badly put together , the peppers and onions tasted raw the mexican rice was tasteless and the whole thing was overpowered by a gammy beaney taste , didn't finish it and I was starving .give me food dudes , bad ass or cantina over that any day .

Have always gotten great burritos from boojum in dublin but cue is so long in limerick that standards are gonna fall if your churning out that much grub under pressure , might give them another chance once things have calmed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I was passing Boojum at around 5pm, fancied a cheeky burrito and there wasn't a queue.

Alas it was shut for an hour due to "technical difficulties" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jilm wrote: »
    I was passing Boojum at around 5pm, fancied a cheeky burrito and there wasn't a queue.

It better be open again by 18:30! Or else! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm comparing with Galway and Dublin, where Boojum operates. Dublin has a huge 20-something professional demographic. Galway has a huge early 20's student demographic in the city centre. Limerick simply doesn't compare on either measure.

You're dead right, the 21,000 students living in this city won't bother heading in at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jilm wrote: »

fixing their card machine afaik.
    Opening normal hours usually means it's essential

Advertisement