Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

What price is badarse these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

You're dead right, the 21,000 students living in this city won't bother heading in at all.

Are you saying Limerick and Galway city centres have comparable student demographics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

zulutango wrote: »
    Are you saying Limerick and Galway city centres have comparable student demographics?

No I think he's saying that there's 21000 students that are more than enough to keep Boojum busy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Jilm wrote: »
    I was passing Boojum at around 5pm, fancied a cheeky burrito and there wasn't a queue.

Alas it was shut for an hour due to "technical difficulties" :rolleyes:

That sign had been up since 2pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks, might give them a shot and hope that the Boojum crowds die down in a few weeks :)

Hopefully badass is open when you get there, she tends to be a bit lax with opening hours and information relating to such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Just because Galway and Dublin have larger city centre populations doesn't mean boojum is going to fail. I was walking through town earlier with ms moneypenny and the queue was out the door with under 25s/students. This was just after 7. Town seems to be picking up a bit for activity in the evenings so this is another good addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Jilm wrote: »
    I was passing Boojum at around 5pm, fancied a cheeky burrito and there wasn't a queue.

Alas it was shut for an hour due to "technical difficulties" :rolleyes:

The electricity went in the kitchen and I think your one(the manager) was saying the gas was going as well. Went in to grab a burrito, but by the time I got to the counter they were only doing burrito bowls as they couldnt heat the wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I was so excited to try Boojum after all the talk and while it was tasty I had some of the same issues mentioned. Rice was undercooked and the wrap was a bit hard. Pretty small size too.

We went in when it opened up and had to wait 10 minutes as they weren't ready so maybe that's why it was a bit undercooked.

I'll definitely be back to give it another try once they're up and running properly. For now, I'd still say I prefer Badass as it's always been properly cooked and a bit more flavourful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Is their card machine not working some ploy to maximise profits on opening week and avoid card fees or something? Lmao I know that's dramatic to assume but bit off its still cash only... How hard it it to renovate an entire location but not have a card machine?

Got a burrito first day and it was lovely! Defo would buy again (although I think the price point is slightly high for what you get). Got tacos today and omg they were rank! They were freezing. The cheese hadn't even melted on them and the sauces were cold. So I was just eating cold tacos. And part of the barbacoa was genuinely a hunk of fat and/or gristle... Nope.

Defo would have the burrito again though. Just a shame they seem to be unprepared. Like the guacamole was gone today and they only had hard tacos left. It's savage it's so busy they are having these issues but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

cork one launched this time last year and i thought it was kinda crap at first, compared to Galway and Dublin. it sorted itself out in about a month or two after opening, i'm sure it'll be the same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah it's not open a week and it was/is still mental busy. Give it a break. The other establishment is open a lot longer and often runs out of ingredients. The demand is obviously greater than was expected. It

Just because Galway and Dublin have larger city centre populations doesn't mean boojum is going to fail. I was walking through town earlier with ms moneypenny and the queue was out the door with under 25s/students. This was just after 7. Town seems to be picking up a bit for activity in the evenings so this is another good addition.

Who said Boojum was going to fail?? Nobody. I just pointed out that the situation in Galway and Dublin, where they are thriving, is very different. Boojum is a very good addition to the city, in my opinion. Stop trying to make this a Boojum versus Badass thing. There's room for both, and each has good points and each faces different challenges.

The teenagers will wander away at some point and a different kind of customer will go there. In Galway and Dublin there's a demographic that goes to Boojum that Limerick City centre doesn't have much of (students and office workers). They're in for a rougher ride here in the long run I think. That said, if the Opera Project proceeds and a few hundred or even a few thousand twenty-somethings start working in there, then it'll clean up. That's quite a few years away though.
    Who said Boojum was going to fail?? Nobody. I just pointed out that the situation in Galway and Dublin, where they are thriving, is very different. Boojum is a very good addition to the city, in my opinion. Stop trying to make this a Boojum versus Badass thing. There's room for both, and each has good points and each faces different challenges.

You alluded to it in my opinion. Can you show me where I said one was better than the other please? What I was actually pointing out was there is enough of a customer base for Boojum to do well with over 20k students living in the city as a whole. You are bringing your usual city centre living biased argument into the debate as per usual. I don't disagree with you that city living would benefit our city but this agenda pushing can wear thin at times.

Sorry, what's this agenda that I'm supposed to have? Can you spell it out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is boojum all made from scratch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You are bringing your usual city centre living biased argument into the debate as per usual.

to be honest I don't think the poster was doing that at all, they were just arguing (rightly or wrongly) that Limerick's city centre population isn't quite the same as Dublin or Galway, in terms of office workers and students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Youre a player in this war...admit it...youre secretly steering the fate of the Burrito industry in limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

"To let" sign up outside MFD, they definitely raised the white flag at this point. Have they still got the van outside penneys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Have they still got the van outside penneys?

I don't think so.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Youre a player in this war...admit it...youre secretly steering the fate of the Burrito industry in limerick...

I pledge allegiance to neither the Boojum Imperial Army nor the Badass Burrito Liberation Front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

davo2001 wrote: »
    I don't think so.

It’s gone. The lady who used to be with MFD seems to have some pizza franchise operating out of the hut that’s there.

City centre > suburbs.

City centre > suburbs.

This doesn't mean anything. Can you spell out what you think my agenda is or, if you can't manage that, can you please not throw out meaningless and purile accusations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Some salty burritos in here today :P

Some salty burritos in here today :P

There'll be strategic assassinations before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    "To let" sign up outside MFD, they definitely raised the white flag at this point. Have they still got the van outside penneys?

Must be pretty sickening to be closing a Burrito shop 100 yards away from where 300 people were queuing for burritos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Treepole wrote: »
    Must be pretty sickening to be closing a Burrito shop 100 yards away from where 300 people were queuing for burritos.

Crazy alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Burrito Wars! - Nachos at dawn on O'Connell St Limerick lol ....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

This doesn't mean anything. Can you spell out what you think my agenda is or, if you can't manage that, can you please not throw out meaningless and purile accusations?

I think your agenda is that investment in Limerick should mainly focus on increasing the amount of people living and working in the city centre area and we should strive to become a traffic reduced and highly pedestrianised city at the expense of the outer edges and suburbs. You tout this ideology regularly in the Limerick forum and use how great, for example, Galway city centre is compared with Limerick city centre as it has a more residential population and thus more life and energy in it outside of business hours. To say, as you did, that Boojum will likely struggle here because we don't have a huge residential population here in Limerick like Galway does tells me that you do have this agenda. You may agree or disagree with me on that, and for the record I think you often have a very good point, I just don't think it was suited to this forum. I am from Galway by the way and I feel that Limerick is a far superior city to live and work in, even though we have a largely donut affected city. We, as citizens of Limerick, need to take account for how our city fares but comparing it to other Irish cities such as Dublin and Galway being better is not the way to do so.

Now we are taking this thread off topic with arguments outside of burrito wars. PM me if you still have an issue.

Advertisement