Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I disagree with your take above, but will PM you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I think your agenda is that investment in Limerick should mainly focus on increasing the amount of people living and working in the city centre area and we should strive to become a traffic reduced and highly pedestrianised city at the expense of the outer edges and suburbs. You tout this ideology regularly in the Limerick forum and use how great, for example, Galway city centre is compared with Limerick city centre as it has a more residential population and thus more life and energy in it outside of business hours. To say, as you did, that Boojum will likely struggle here because we don't have a huge residential population here in Limerick like Galway does tells me that you do have this agenda. You may agree or disagree with me on that, and for the record I think you often have a very good point, I just don't think it was suited to this forum. I am from Galway by the way and I feel that Limerick is a far superior city to live and work in, even though we have a largely donut affected city. We, as citizens of Limerick, need to take account for how our city fares but comparing it to other Irish cities such as Dublin and Galway being better is not the way to do so.

Now we are taking this thread off topic with arguments outside of burrito wars. PM me if you still have an issue.

Yep, spot on there with everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

John_Mc wrote: »

Be careful, he might PM you as well. :D

John_Mc wrote: »

It's really not. I would happily post a response rubbishing it, but I agree with him that we shouldn't derail the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Treepole wrote: »
    Must be pretty sickening to be closing a Burrito shop 100 yards away from where 300 people were queuing for burritos.

I think it's a fad, new place to eat , let's go there , will be interesting to see how it fares out , I wish people would discover places for their authenticity and not just follow the crowd, good marketing and product helps too, you gotta hand it to boojum , they are doing well , make hay while the sun shines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

I think your agenda is that investment in Limerick should mainly focus on increasing the amount of people living and working in the city centre area and we should strive to become a traffic reduced and highly pedestrianised city at the expense of the outer edges and suburbs. You tout this ideology.....

Boojum will likely struggle here because we don't have a huge residential population here ....... even though we have a largely donut affected city...
    Does not compute!!

When discussing a new business opening, pointing out footfall and typical demographic is not off topic IMO. Limerick students live in Castletroy and Caherdavin (moving further out in future). Galway students live in the city centre.

Limerick city centre businesses open and close like the seasons because nobody lives there. Its same few people kicking around the city centre after 6pm. If one place does well another closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Does not compute!!

When discussing a new business opening, pointing out footfall and typical demographic is not off topic IMO. Limerick students live in Castleconnel and Caherdavin (moving further out in future). Galway students live in the city centre.

Limerick city centre businesses open and close like the seasons because nobody lives there. Its same few people kicking around the city centre after 6pm. If one place does well another closes.

You have edited my quote to look like I have said something I have not. Or are you quoting me to agree with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does not compute!!

When discussing a new business opening, pointing out footfall and typical demographic is not off topic IMO. Limerick students live in Castleconnel and Caherdavin (moving further out in future). Galway students live in the city centre.

Thats a bit of a stretch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Mc Love wrote: »
    Thats a bit of a stretch!

I'm sure he meant Castletroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Passed Boojum yesterday and queue was out the door so said I'd try Badass, walked past it without realising and when I double backed there was a lady just locking the door (closed at 8pm which I didn't realise).

As someone who so far has not eaten in either Badass doesn't look that great from the outside (seems really small), is it tiny inside also? Not sure how they can compete if they close earlier than Boojum and also have a somewhat hidden location ...

..that being said perhaps in a few weeks / months the hype will die down.

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Passed Boojum yesterday and queue was out the door so said I'd try Badass, walked past it without realising and when I double backed there was a lady just locking the door (closed at 8pm which I didn't realise).

As someone who so far has not eaten in either Badass doesn't look that great from the outside (seems really small), is it tiny inside also? Not sure how they can compete if they close earlier than Boojum and also have a somewhat hidden location ...

..that being said perhaps in a few weeks / months the hype will die down.

She doesnt care. She makes 50 (or whatever number) burritos per day. Opens shop. Sells 50 burritos. Closes shop. Goes home. Pays her bills. Lives her life. The end.

I dont see why this is such a difficult concept for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

She doesnt care. She makes 50 (or whatever number) burritos per day. Opens shop. Sells 50 burritos. Closes shop. Goes home. Pays her bills. Lives her life. The end.

I understand it and am so ****ing jealous of her. All credit to her.

You have edited my quote to look like I have said something I have not. Or are you quoting me to agree with me?

I directly quoted you. You started by saying increasing the number of residents through reducing cars and making the city centre was an ideology which came at the expense of the outer edges.

You ended by recognising the impact on the city of the donut effect. Im not sure what alternative ideology you were suggesting? Was it the 'lets be proud and live free stuff'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Don't recall saying there was any difficulty with it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I directly quoted you. You started by saying increasing the number of residents through reducing cars and making the city centre was an ideology which came at the expense of the outer edges.

You ended by recognising the impact on the city of the donut effect. Im not sure what alternative ideology you were suggesting? Was it the 'lets be proud and live free stuff'?

Sorry now bud, but you have edited my post to read differently. Read exactly what I said. I was pointing out what another poster was saying and how they often post in my opinion. I did not extol one virtue over another. I was clearly reffering to a posting style. I am not responding any further to you as 1. It is derailing the thread and 2. you are twisting what I said to make it look like I said something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Just had my first boojum. Chilli can carne. I've never had a burrito with so much rice and so little meat. Hopefully it's teething issues but not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Was in Boojum earlier. Supervisor didn’t like how the server wrapped my burrito so he made them get out a fresh tortilla and dumped the insides of the first one onto it. Teething problems, I’m sure it won’t take long to get everything running smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was in Boojum earlier. Supervisor didn’t like how the server wrapped my burrito so he made them get out a fresh tortilla and dumped the insides of the first one onto it. Teething problems, I’m sure it won’t take long to get everything running smoothly.

Was it still busy

Was it still busy

There now. Busy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Was it still busy

About 8 people sitting down when I went in. It was just after 12 though. A load of Bruce students (or whatever that LC study place is call these days) came in as I was leaving so it got busier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mr.H wrote: »
    Just had my first boojum. Chilli can carne. I've never had a burrito with so much rice and so little meat. Hopefully it's teething issues but not impressed.

Was in there yesterday. I found if you just asked for a little more of something as they were making it there was no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 11 walt whitman

had my first one on Saturday had the shredded beef burrito with Mexican rice and it was really nice! will be returning, still very busy with a big queue but moved fast.

Maybe its just me but i thought they were poor. Mine was half cold. Long queue and the staff were rushing. Also very hard to hear the staff. I probably wouldn't be rushing back for another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Had friends down from Dublin for the weekend and they insisted on going for Boojum. I of course didn't eat any in solidarity with Badass (that's how far the burrito wars gave gone in my head). Anywho, the consensus was that they taste nothing like the Boojum burrito in Dublin, were cold and poorly wrapped.

panda100 wrote: »
    Had friends down from Dublin for the weekend and they insisted on going for Boojum. I of course didn't eat any in solidarity with Badass (that's how far the burrito wars gave gone in my head). Anywho, the consensus was that they taste nothing like the Boojum burrito in Dublin, were cold and poorly wrapped.

So its not just me! mine were cold and lashed together badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

panda100 wrote: »
    Life's too short, Panda!

I went to Badass again the other night, and there was a feckin' queue. I reckon she's doing alright still, possibly even better than before because she might be getting a spillover from Boojum due to the much longer queues there. The burrito was fantastic as ever. I'll give Boojum another go this week and will report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Had my third boojum in limerick over the weekend, burrito was lovely and had beef tacos as well which were also really nice. Don't find much difference between that and the Galway one. Staff are nicer in limerick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

zulutango wrote: »
    I went to Badass again the other night, and there was a feckin' queue. I reckon she's doing alright still, possibly even better than before because she might be getting a spillover from Boojum due to the much longer queues there. The burrito was fantastic as ever. I'll give Boojum another go this week and will report back.

I was there last night, and got chatting to the owner (Mags, I think?). I asked for her opinion on Boojum opening, and she said that she wasn't concerned at all. In fact, she was saying it was working in her favor, and that her regular customers now have a yardstick to measure her burritos against! She said her customers have been telling her how superior her burrito is, in comparison to Boojums offering, and recommended that I try Boojum and report back to her after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mags is the real winner here, it's a superior product. There's not one ingredient in Boojum that i would select over Badass

Advertisement