Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mags is the real winner here, it's a superior product. There's not one ingredient in Boojum that i would select over Badass

I think I prefer the chicken in Boojum, but otherwise I'm with you in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I was there last night, and got chatting to the owner (Mags, I think?). I asked for her opinion on Boojum opening, and she said that she wasn't concerned at all. In fact, she was saying it was working in her favor, and that her regular customers now have a yardstick to measure her burritos against! She said her customers have been telling her how superior her burrito is, in comparison to Boojums offering, and recommended that I try Boojum and report back to her after!

She gets a lot of stick but that sounds like a very fair, professional attitude. I thought she would rip the face off you for mentioning Boojum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mags is the real winner here, it's a superior product. There's not one ingredient in Boojum that i would select over Badass

Purely speculation but I would imagine the profits Boojum are making in comparison to badass will soften the blow somewhat. I just cannot take to a business that operates hours the way she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Purely speculation but I would imagine the profits Boojum are making in comparison to badass will soften the blow somewhat. I just cannot take to a business that operates hours the way she does.

In fairness to her she is always open these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

In fairness to her she is always open these days

Regular, set opening hours or just whatever she decides on the day and posts on Facebook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Regular, set opening hours or just whatever she decides on the day and posts on Facebook?

In fairness to her, she does have a sign on her door now displaying, what appear to be, regular opening hours. I only noticed this recently, so maybe it's in response to Boojum opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

No, it has been like this for months , sadly her mother passed away so she could never commit to hours before this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hot dog wars on the way......What is it about the Urban Garden that is so divisive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

panda100 wrote: »
    Hot dog wars on the way......What is it about the Urban Garden that is so divisive

The council being involved in any way, shape or form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

panda100 wrote: »

If they take away the hot dog stand all you have left that is anyway regularly open is the crepes. Rarely is that pizza one open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Had my first Limerick Boojum there Tuesday night. I've eaten in the Galway and Dublin one before. It was tasty enough, meat was a bit cold. Haven't had Badass in a while so can't compare but I remember thinking that was just grand also. One thing I found with Boojum was that the hot salsa wasn't hot. That's fair enough as I always feel that there's an unwritten rule in Irish cuisine where hot isn't really that hot.

I was googling the hot sauces that they have on the tables, and one was 11,000 scovilles, El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Habanero . It definitely had more kick than their salsa but could still be hotter for my tastes. It got me wondering, does anyone know where you could buy hot sauces in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Had my first badass in a few years (that doesn't sound great) , she has really upped her game , it was a smashing burrito , made boojums seem just plain boring . There are a lot of different things about her business that could be improved but her burrito is standout.

Had my first badass in a few years (that doesn't sound great) , she has really upped her game , it was a smashing burrito , made boojums seem just plain boring . There are a lot of different things about her business that could be improved but her burrito is standout.

I'd say it's over two years since I was there, must head back in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Had my first Limerick Boojum there Tuesday night. I've eaten in the Galway and Dublin one before. It was tasty enough, meat was a bit cold. Haven't had Badass in a while so can't compare but I remember thinking that was just grand also. One thing I found with Boojum was that the hot salsa wasn't hot. That's fair enough as I always feel that there's an unwritten rule in Irish cuisine where hot isn't really that hot.

I was googling the hot sauces that they have on the tables, and one was 11,000 scovilles, El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Habanero . It definitely had more kick than their salsa but could still be hotter for my tastes. It got me wondering, does anyone know where you could buy hot sauces in Limerick?

There's always a good selection in TKMaxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Finally got around to getting a burrito (my first in about ten years) at Badass yesterday.

Had a great chat with owner about San Francisco and USA.

Got the Beef burrito with cheese & salad and med. salsa sauce. Absolutely top class and as good a burrito as I can ever recall having even though it's so long since I had one - in the US.

Will definitely go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I called into Boojum last night, had the pork burrito, it took the server three attempts to wrap it, two of the wraps went straight in the bin underneath and the burrito was a jumbled mess, it was very average overall, not a patch on badass and i don't recall ever seeing her screw up the wrapping. I'd say I'm done with Boojum, what a massive anti climax, lots of style but not much substance, they should have these little problems ironed out by now.

Isn't it gas that Mags's biggest cheerleaders have had such AWFUL experiences at Boojum. :D You'd almost think they were making it up not that I'd accuse them of doing that now.

Have been to Boojum about 15 times now - (looking at my loyalty card) - and only really had one meal that I didn't like which was the Taco's, not their fault either I just made a balls of my order and should have went with a different filling.

Mag's cheerleaders have extraordinary bad luck it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have been to Boojum about 15 times now - (looking at my loyalty card) -

Never mind your loyalty card. You'll be getting an invite to their Xmas party ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Isn't it gas that Mags's biggest cheerleaders have had such AWFUL experiences at Boojum. :D You'd almost think they were making it up not that I'd accuse them of doing that now.

Have been to Boojum about 15 times now - (looking at my loyalty card) - and only really had one meal that I didn't like which was the Taco's, not their fault either I just made a balls of my order and should have went with a different filling.

Mag's cheerleaders have extraordinary bad luck it seems.

I've actually kept well out of this thread for a good reason. It's farcical at this stage.

Have been to Boojum about 15 times now - (looking at my loyalty card) -

I'm either jealous or in shock at this, haven't decided yet.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I've actually kept well out of this thread for a good reason. It's farcical at this stage.

I don't understand, should we all fall in line? Do you think I'm making this up?

I don't understand, should we all fall in line? Do you think I'm making this up?

I find it truly hilarious that given how extremely busy and popular Boojum are that the one time you, one of Mags biggest cheerleaders, go there, they fail at the most basic part of their operation. Not once but three times.

You're a gas man :D:D

I find it truly hilarious that given how extremely busy and popular Boojum are that the one time you, one of Mags biggest cheerleaders, go there, they fail at the most basic part of their operation. Not once but three times.

You're a gas man :D:D

Do you think I made that up? It took her three attempts, two wraps went in the bin, she managed on her third attempt.
    You’re very aggressive in your dislike of Badass, kind of weirdly so. Calling someone a cheerleader because they like the food is strange behaviour

Do you think I made that up? It took her three attempts, two wraps went in the bin, she managed on her third attempt.
    You’re very aggressive in your dislike of Badass, kind of weirdly so. Calling someone a cheerleader because they like the food is strange behaviour

Where did I criticise Badarse in my post? Aggressive?

Methinks you have a propensity for the fantastical Mr Fox :D

I was merely commenting on the odds of you of all posters having such an awful experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

I'm going to weigh in here and had very similar experience with getting a burrito unable to wrap and contents dumped into a new wrap and old one discarded. It's not that hard to wrap a feicin burrito tbh.

Where did I criticise Badarse in my post? Aggressive?

Methinks you have a propensity for the fantastical Mr Fox :D

I was merely commenting on the odds of you of all posters having such an awful experience.

Calling me a liar so, very weird, you are a strange character. Very angry

Does a newly wrapped burrito affect the taste in any way?

Does a newly wrapped burrito affect the taste in any way?

I was thinking of the poor starving children in Africa all night afterwards,

Calling me a liar so, very weird, you are a strange character. Very angry

I'm not angry at all I find your stories hilariously funny as I've already said, you're a gas man :D

• Advertisement

I'm not angry at all I find your stories hilariously funny as I've already said, you're a gas man :D

You're calling me a liar, i think that that's quite weird to assume that I'd make it up but you've struck me as a bit of an angry strange character for a while.

Advertisement