Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's the same wih LaCucina (some people absolutely tell horror stories from their visits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mc Love wrote: »
    It's the same wih LaCucina (some people absolutely tell horror stories from their visits)

I’m not sure what your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

You're calling me a liar, i think that that's quite weird to assume that I'd make it up but you've struck me as a bit of an angry strange character for a while.

You have an overactive imagination. It's very funny.

I hope you keep going to Boojum and telling us about it.

You have an overactive imagination. It's very funny.

I hope you keep going to Boojum and telling us about it.

And you’ll continue calling me a liar? Strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Does a newly wrapped burrito affect the taste in any way?

Yes I like the fact biting through the layers gives different tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had one from Boojum at the weekend and it was so badly wrapped that it fell apart as soon as I peeled back the foil. I had to put it on a plate and re-wrap it. It was very tasty, tastier than the last one I had from Badass, but there is definitely at least one staff member who is struggling to wrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lads for all this talk of Badass and Boojum...
    How did I miss that MFD have become the 1st casualty of war?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Can a mod change the thread title? Maybe lose about 7 of the exclamation marks, it's actually giving me a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Can a mod change the thread title? Maybe lose about 7 of the exclamation marks, it's actually giving me a headache.

Keep the !!!!!!!!!!!! They say everything about this thread and the great burrito wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Boojum are closing "for a while" due to maintanence issues according to their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

davo2001 wrote: »
    Boojum are closing "for a while" due to maintanence issues according to their Facebook page.

Nearly as bad as mags now and her irregular hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Mc Love wrote: »
    Nearly as bad as mags now and her irregular hours

They closed for an hour for maintenance. Not quite at the same level as a business just deciding not to open one day for the heck of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

They closed for an hour for maintenance. Not quite at the same level as a business just deciding not to open one day for the heck of it.

"maintenance" i heard they were watching youtube videos on how to wrap a burrito.

No they were planning their next sabotage of Swiper the Fox :D

No they were planning their next sabotage of Swiper the Fox :D

What a strange reply again,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What a strange reply again,

I actually thought that one was kind of funny. :pac:

I actually thought that one was kind of funny. :pac:

Do you find it funny to be repeatedly accused of lying over the most inane thing? I think it’s very odd that this chap won’t hear a bad word said about boojum but goes bananas at the mention of badass,
    Besides that it was a **** gag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Do you find it funny to be repeatedly accused of lying over the most inane thing? I think it’s very odd that this chap won’t hear a bad word said about boojum but goes bananas at the mention of badass,
    Besides that it was a **** gag

I'm just happy to be a neutral in this whole argument, to be honest.

I've been a fan of Boojum since a friend brought me to one of their Dublin restaurants a few years ago. I eat in their Galway shop any time I'm in that part of the country too. So I was delighted when Badass opened in Limerick, and I will still stroll up to Catherine Street for food there whenever it suits. Both Badass and Boojum make great tasty food and I've never had a bad experience with either crew.

The fact that some posters here are literally (and passionately) taking sides in the Burrito Wars here is hilarious.

I'm just happy to be a neutral in this whole argument, to be honest.

I've been a fan of Boojum since a friend brought me to one of their Dublin restaurants a few years ago. I eat in their Galway shop any time I'm in that part of the country too. So I was delighted when Badass opened in Limerick, and I will still stroll up to Catherine Street for food there whenever it suits. Both Badass and Boojum make great tasty food and I've never had a bad experience with either crew.

The fact that some posters here are literally (and passionately) taking sides in the Burrito Wars here is hilarious.

It certainly is, never said a bad word against Boojum, I was surprised that they ****ed up two wraps and mentioned it, I prefer the taste of Badass and mentioned that, but I’ve eaten twice out of boojum. This other weirdo accusing me of lying about my experience is odd though, same fella with his far fetched stories about catering for Mexican weddings and cooking his own burritos tjatblow any Irish ones out of the water and he’s eating these ones now at least three times a week, an angry oddball

Put a burrito in it Swiper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Now that's funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

I think it’s very odd that this chap won’t hear a bad word said about boojum but goes bananas at the mention of badass.
    Hello pot, have you met kettle?

adaminho wrote: »
    Hello pot, have you met kettle?

I don’t get you? I’m cool with both places, I haven’t spent months bitching and moaning or wishing bad luck to anybody,

Have you catered many more Mexican weddings lately? Great for you that you don’t have to cook your own burritos anymore now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don’t get you? I’m cool with both places, I haven’t spent months bitching and moaning or wishing bad luck to anybody,

I think he refers to the fact that you won’t have anything bad said about Badass despite a lot worse going on there than someone not wrapping a burrito properly.

So I have eaten a half a dozen times at Boojum. 5 very nice burritos and one where I felt it was a little cold. They made a new one on the spot with a smile on their face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I do like boojum but it is still way too ricey. I mean FFS is there a meat crisis I don't know about? Even chilli can carne burritos are a little dry there...... that shouldn't be possible

At least unlike cantina they actually open set hours. The woman in cantina was telling me that they are closing down. I just responded saying "it's not like ye are ever open".

Same goes for badass. I know they are starting to have proper hours now but they can flip off until I'm ready to give them another chance. I mean businesses have to entice customers to go there, not the other way around.

Boojum is the only one I trust right now because they are the only ones who haven't taken an unacceptable attitude towards the customers yet. Even if they are obsessed with rice!!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think he refers to the fact that you won’t have anything bad said about Badass despite a lot worse going on there than someone not wrapping a burrito properly.

So I have eaten a half a dozen times at Boojum. 5 very nice burritos and one where I felt it was a little cold. They made a new one on the spot with a smile on their face.

Lookit, there’s been comments made on this thread that practically amount to slander, I’ve aleays defended Badass food more than anything, mr Poontang who would know well as he has catered Mexican weddings and makes his own burritos far superior to anything in Ireland has compared it to pedigree chum, I don’t go to a takeaway for conversation, I have never called anyone a liar, my opinion is my own, I’m not the kind to cut off my nose to spite my face.

Doesn't badass have a really bad reputation with customers though?

First of all I remember the owner having full blown arguments with customers on front of other customers. Shouting matches in fact??

Then there is the issue of only opening whenever it suited them. Ah too cold today or my star sign said something so we should stay closed.

That kinda crap deserves no defending

Mr.H wrote: »
    Doesn't badass have a really bad reputation with customers though?

First of all I remember the owner having full blown arguments with customers on front of other customers. Shouting matches in fact??

Then there is the issue of only opening whenever it suited them. Ah too cold today or my star sign said something so we should stay closed.

That kinda crap deserves no defending

Good points, you see if you were to read this thread you'd be afraid of your life to go in there, either you'll be abused or you'll be looking at shutters.
    My own experiences in there are quite different so I'm what is known by the Mexican caterer as a 'fanboy'. I have put my own experiences forward as a counterbalance, she's always personable to me and her burrito is top class. If she happened to be closed i wouldn't consider it the end of the world, there's plenty of options nearby, to the best of my knowledge her opening hours are quite acceptable for a one woman operation and she flags when she goes on holiday.

• Advertisement

Good points, you see if you were to read this thread you'd be afraid of your life to go in there, either you'll be abused or you'll be looking at shutters. My own experiences in there are quite different so I'm what is known by the Mexican caterer as a 'fanboy'. I have put my own experiences forward as a counterbalance, she's always personable to me and her burrito is top class. If she happened to be closed i wouldn't consider it the end of the world, there's plenty of options nearby, to the best of my knowledge her opening hours are quite acceptable for a one woman operation and she flags when she goes on holiday.

It's a shame she doesn't just hire some staff. She sounds stressed.

I have no issue personally with it. As I mentioned I don't trust the place to be opened so I don't go there. But that's not to say I never will try again

Advertisement