Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Mc Love wrote: »
    Wow lot of hate for Boojum, I've never had a bad meal there and neither have any of my friends.

Love boojum myself. Food is lovely. And it's actually a nice place eat your food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Mc Love wrote:
    Wow lot of hate for Boojum, I've never had a bad meal there and neither have any of my friends.

No hate from me. Boojum have their place but the quality of food is ordinary imo. I believe Mags is embarking on a bigger venture but it's not for me to say what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Has anyone been up by Badass recently, is the shop gone already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

According to work colleagues, it was open serving food yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just ate at Boojum yesterday with a friend, food was lovely. Nothing cold or otherwise wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Another blow to the City.

Perhaps another coffee shop or e-cig place will open there. :rolleyes:

There's always hate for anywhere that is deemed to be a big company. I've had nothing but nice meals in Boojum too :confused:

zulutango wrote: »
    No hate from me. Boojum have their place but the quality of food is ordinary imo. I believe Mags is embarking on a bigger venture but it's not for me to say what it is.

I'm sure she will do great - she has a loyal following in the city who will support her. :) Hopefully it is something that adds to the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Last Burrito I got from Badass was actually a bit disappointing, but still it will be a loss. It was a superior product to Boojum but fell down on facilities. Plus when you aren't massaging the egos of social media sheep then it was always going to be difficult to stay in business.

A hostel is what I've heard she is working on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fawlty Towers Limerick? She would make a great Basil from what I hear! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Really? Oh Jesus this is going to be gold :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tried Boojum recently. Friendly service and the food was quite filling. Thought it was pretty decent all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I had a good burrito from Boojum a little while ago, not quite up to the standard that I have come to expect from Badass but quite decent and the chap behind the counter rolled it on his first attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Another blow to the City.

Perhaps another coffee shop or e-cig place will open there. :rolleyes:
    Or maybe even a bookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Paddico wrote: »
    Or maybe even a bookies

Nope a doughnut shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Are badass really closing though? They have a post on Facebook saying closed until 6th September for holidays. Hopefully this means they're staying open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

le_girl wrote: »
    Are badass really closing though? They have a post on Facebook saying closed until 6th September for holidays. Hopefully this means they're staying open.
    She's on holidays but defo closing just no time on it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

She's closing the same way she opened. Whenever. Nobody knows.

Mystery how it didn't work as a business

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The premises that Badass was/is in was open today. Was across the road so couldn’t tell if it was Badass or another crowd open in the spot.

Chairs and tables outside.

• Advertisement

She's still open so I can understand why you would think it might be someone else because of the hobbyness of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The premises that Badass was/is in was open today. Was across the road so couldn’t tell if it was Badass or another crowd open in the spot.

Chairs and tables outside.

I was in last week (got a burrito 10x better than anything I've had from boojum), and she told me that she's closing in a few weeks - no definitive date. She also admitted that she was closing due to the competition from boojum. Will be sad to see her go

Was always going to happen when you treat your business as a hobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Was always going to happen when you treat your business as a hobby

Not to mention when you have a serious attitude problem, and don't actually appear to like customers.
    Went in there once. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Not to mention when you have a serious attitude problem, and don't actually appear to like customers.

Ah Mags will always continue to divide opinion! Very sad to see Badass closing. Is a real loss to my stomach and the city as a whole. I was a big Mags fan #Burritowars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Just looking for food, it ain`t a social club, ever stop to think that it aint all about you........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just looking for food, it ain`t a social club, ever stop to think that it aint all about you........

Customer service is a huge part of every business too. Or at least it should be. If I frequent a business where someone treats me as though I'm an annoyance to them by being there, then why would I go back?

Costs nothing to be nice. If you rely on customers in order to keep your business going, then why would you be rude to them? Common sense.

Customer service is a huge part of every business too. Or at least it should be. If I frequent a business where someone treats me as though I'm an annoyance to them by being there, then why would I go back?

Costs nothing to be nice. If you rely on customers in order to keep your business going, then why would you be rude to them? Common sense.

She was always entitled to run her business as she wished, regardless of what people thought.

However, having an outfit like Boojum enter the market in Limerick was always going to put up a serious challenge. Regardless of the reason that she is apparently closing, we are lucky to still have great burritos in Limerick. Boojum will be delighted I’m sure.

Anyways, haven’t we all moved on to the donut wars by now? :confused::D:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I actually went to Boojum tonight. :o Would love a few doughnuts now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    She was always entitled to run her business as she wished, regardless of what people thought.

However, having an outfit like Boojum enter the market in Limerick was always going to put up a serious challenge. Regardless of the reason that she is apparently closing, we are lucky to still have great burritos in Limerick. Boojum will be delighted I’m sure.

Anyways, haven’t we all moved on to the donut wars by now? :confused::D:pac:
    Boojum are far from great in my opinion. Adequate is the word I'd use to describe them. I couldn't care less how friendly the staff are, when their product is substandard. When I'm sitting down eating my burrito, I'm not thinking of how nice the staff are, but how ****ty my burrito is! :pac:

Advertisement