Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burritos !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

Badass wont be getting my business unless i can eat it there cant understand the lack of a few stools or a table outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I popped down to casa de burrito this eve. They aren't open until tomorrow. Went next door to an Italian called casa nova instead. Real spagetti bolognese and can for 9 quid. Bargain. It was hammering rain so I wasn't bothered with badass burritos especially after their last effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great that Casa de Burrito is opening, must try it.

Badass Burritos seemed average to me in it's last location. I like hot stuff but found their hottest sauce Inferno pretty mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

ian87 wrote: »
    I popped down to casa de burrito this eve. They aren't open until tomorrow. Went next door to an Italian called casa nova instead. Real spagetti bolognese and can for 9 quid. Bargain. It was hammering rain so I wasn't bothered with badass burritos especially after their last effort.
    Casa nova is lovely - great pizza and the staff are really nice. I am fussy and I am always happy to eat from casa nova .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Has she still got the microwave in the new place? Also does casa de burritos use a microwave?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

Was in casa Del burrito last night food was ok portions are huge staff awful both had very bad English and the place itself needs to be finished properly.
    No microwave though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

sioda wrote: »
    Was in casa Del burrito last night food was ok portions are huge staff awful both had very bad English and the place itself needs to be finished properly.
    No microwave though

I have used their place in Ennis a fair few times for lunch. Burritos started off lovely at the beginning. Not half as nice recently. Very oily, greasy or something.

Has anyone been to Badass since they reopened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

No microwave though

I agree with you Sioda. Tried it over the weekend, the guacamole looks like something from a tube :o The hot sauce is actually hot though. Big portions and really tasty.

The shop isn't the nicest though, and there is communication problem with the staff.

Hopefully this will be ironed out though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Badass wont be getting my business unless i can eat it there cant understand the lack of a few stools or a table outside

What do you mean "can't eat it there"? Surely there are tables and chairs in the new place?

Will pop down to Casa de Burritos later.

No microwave though

SOLD!!!

Great that Casa de Burrito is opening, must try it.

Badass Burritos seemed average to me in it's last location. I like hot stuff but found their hottest sauce Inferno pretty mild.

The Badass Burrito "hot sauce" has been mild at best since day one. Even though it seems that many people say the same, just like the microwave, it seems to me that it's not going to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What do you mean "can't eat it there"? Surely there are tables and chairs in the new place?

Will pop down to Casa de Burritos later.

No, it's very rough looking.
    Literally just the serving counter and a shelf by the window holding the condiments.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    No, it's very rough looking.
    Literally just the serving counter and a shelf by the window holding the condiments.

So basically you have nowhere to eat a meal in a Burrito restaurant - a food that doesn't hold up to being reheated when you arrive home? What are you supposed to do - eat it on the side of the street?

:confused:

Maybe she has made a high-level executive business decision to foucs on the takeaway trade. Or maybe there are no toilets and she cant serve there?

It's incredibly odd at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Had food in casa de burrito yesterday and I thought it was really nice. Not sure why people are complaining about a communication problem, chatted away with the pakistani girl who works there while waiting for the food. They don't charge extra for the toppings either.

Looking forward to checking out Casa De Burrito then if they aren't using the microwave! Will have to pop in during the weekend.

So basically you have nowhere to eat a meal in a Burrito restaurant - a food that doesn't hold up to being reheated when you arrive home? What are you supposed to do - eat it on the side of the street?

:confused:

Maybe she has made a high-level executive business decision to foucs on the takeaway trade. Or maybe there are no toilets and she cant serve there?

It's incredibly odd at best.

It's a very small unit and not sure that it would be sustainable with take-away trade alone. Unfortunately I can't see it lasting more than a few months with location / premises.

Edit: They also only opened on Thursday, yet were closed yesterday & today.

It's a very small unit and not sure that it would be sustainable with take-away trade alone. Unfortunately I can't see it lasting more than a few months with location / premises.

Edit: They also only opened on Thursday, yet were closed yesterday & today.

That's very odd? She can't be closing the business while on days off surely?

Edit: Actually that's exactly what it appears to be. Not opening up at all on Monday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

seriously, no seats? And closed Monday and tuesday?

vkid wrote: »
    seriously, no seats? And closed Monday and tuesday?

That could have just been a bank holiday thing, or no staff to cover seeing as they are just reopened.

Zoom in the window of this picture.
    What you see is basically the whole thing.

316735.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

That could have just been a bank holiday thing, or no staff to cover seeing as they are just reopened.

I passed it on Saturday and it just looked like standing space. Also i passed it yesterday when it was closed - it was a hot/sunny day....and all the sauces in bottles were on the counter which is by the window. So the sauces took the full blast of the heat/sun over the course of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Parchment wrote: »
    I passed it on Saturday and it just looked like standing space. Also i passed it yesterday when it was closed - it was a hot/sunny day....and all the sauces in bottles were on the counter which is by the window. So the sauces took the full blast of the heat/sun over the course of the day.

*gags*

Surely they ought to be in the fridge? I'll give this place a wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

Parchment wrote: »

Well people asked for hot sauce!

Ill get my poncho:D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Tried Casa de Burrito today and it was the worst burrito i have ever had. The beef was oily and very very tough. It was also the smallest burrito i've had, someone above mentioned they got a huge one so portion size must vary. Also, the only seemed to do chicken and beef, no pork which i would assume is the most popular type.

I wish we had somewhere like Boojum Burrito that is in Galway and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Christ what is it with these places...it is not that hard to make a burrito?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

DBIreland wrote: »
    Tried Casa de Burrito today and it was the worst burrito i have ever had. The beef was oily and very very tough. It was also the smallest burrito i've had, someone above mentioned they got a huge one so portion size must vary. Also, the only seemed to do chicken and beef, no pork which i would assume is the most popular type.

I wish we had somewhere like Boojum Burrito that is in Galway and Dublin.
    Maybe I'm no expert but I really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's not unusual, burritos are a street food. In fact Pablo Picante in Baggot St which has been voted Dublin's 4th most popular restaurant is nothing more than a counter and a drinks fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

iguana wrote: »
    That's not unusual, burritos are a street food. In fact Pablo Picante in Baggot St which has been voted Dublin's 4th most popular restaurant is nothing more than a counter and a drinks fridge.

+1 same in the states, in NY and San Fran many burrito places are takeaway only. The idea is to go somewhere nice outside and eat what is essentially a dinner wrapped up in a handy parcel.

People need to lay off Badass as well. The actual quality of her ingredients is very good and she's working uphill introducing a new food into the city. So what if she doesn't have a microwave? I have had probably hundreds of burritos in my time in Dublin and in other places and not having the tortilla press has never bothered me. They had a pile of bad luck with a ****ty unit the last time, Im hoping things work out much better this time. Their success is good for the overall food scene in the city and diversifying the produce. Leave the pettiness out of it.

Taco Chips wrote: »
    +1 same in the states, in NY and San Fran many burrito places are takeaway only. The idea is to go somewhere nice outside and eat what is essentially a dinner wrapped up in a handy parcel.

People need to lay off Badass as well. The actual quality of her ingredients is very good and she's working uphill introducing a new food into the city. So what if she doesn't have a microwave? I have had probably hundreds of burritos in my time in Dublin and in other places and not having the tortilla press has never bothered me. They had a pile of bad luck with a ****ty unit the last time, Im hoping things work out much better this time. Their success is good for the overall food scene in the city and diversifying the produce. Leave the pettiness out of it.

It is not pettiness, I Will agree her ingredients are good but she lacks in other areas that are just as important such as customer support. She made promises and never kept them and when confronted about them she goes into a strop and gives out to you!

The best ingredients in the world won't help you when people won't want to visit to shop because of the environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

It is not pettiness, I Will agree her ingredients are good but she lacks in other areas that are just as important such as customer support. She made promises and never kept them and when confronted about them she goes into a strop and gives out to you!

The best ingredients in the world won't help you when people won't want to visit to shop because of the environment.

Fine, you have your grievances. But there have been more than enough posts mentioning how she uses a microwave. It's constantly being brought up. Alright like just let it go. That's why its coming across as pettiness. Also its such a small issue. And speaking from my own experience with her, she's never been anything but pleasant to me. Even went as fair as to give me a free burrito because I mentioned once I thought the portion sizes could have been bigger. And then the next time I went in there the sizes were a good bit bigger. In all likeliness she's probably reading this thread or aware of it in some capacity so of course she's going to be a bit bristly about the constant attacks and nit picking.

Businesses start off, they grow, they change to suit their market. I think the quality of burritos she is serving are delicious. I'm also grateful she is introducing this food to the city and hope her business continues to expand because it's one less empty unit.

• Advertisement

Taco Chips wrote: »
    Fine, you have your grievances. But there have been more than enough posts mentioning how she uses a microwave. It's constantly being brought up. Alright like just let it go. That's why its coming across as pettiness. Also its such a small issue. And speaking from my own experience with her, she's never been anything but pleasant to me. Even went as fair as to give me a free burrito because I mentioned once I thought the portion sizes could have been bigger. And then the next time I went in there the sizes were a good bit bigger. In all likeliness she's probably reading this thread or aware of it in some capacity so of course she's going to be a bit bristly about the constant attacks and nit picking.

Businesses start off, they grow, they change to suit their market. I think the quality of burritos she is serving are delicious. I'm also grateful she is introducing this food to the city and hope her business continues to expand because it's one less empty unit.

Re the microwave that is your opinion, in my opinion I think it is a big deal as if you don't eat it soon the wrap gets rubbery because of the moisture being sucked out in the microwave.

Now any business who makes promises and doesn't keep them and when confronted about those promises get's annoyed and defensive doesn't deserve to be defended. If they gave a proper excuse like say it's not in the budget or whatever then that is fine, it's a perfectly good reason. But to give out to customers for bringing it up is not fine.

I wish her all the best though and I do hope the place gets business as it is nice to have something different in the city but she still won't be getting my business until some of the problems are fixed.

Advertisement