Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rhubarb?

Options
  • 29-06-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭

i've a good lot of rhubarb and was thinking of trying some sort of rhubarb wine or cider. i was thinking of chopping up the rhubarb adding few litres of juice apple or pineapple adding water sugar yeast and see what i get :rolleyes: any one tried this and could give me advice . thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I asked the same question in april, not done anything yet though

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056927052

Yep, going to make rhubarb wine - just need to get my hands on some pectolase.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

I wouldn't be too worried about pectolase for rhubarb, there's next to no pectin in it (this is why its difficult to get rhubarb jam to set). From the one not very successful attempt in brewing rhubarb that I've done so far, there's no problem in getting it to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WaterWolf

I'm just starting into making a rhubarb wine myself. I had 7.7kg of rhubarb which produced about 6 litres of juice. I'll have to water it down as it's far too acidic at the moment. I might also bulk it up a bit with lidl grape juice.

Advertisement