Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn its hot.

Options
  • 30-06-2013 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Im melting.

Have to go for dip two in the pool.

Jesus Christ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Weather is unbelievable in Seattle this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Im melting.

Have to go for dip two in the pool.

Jesus Christ.

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ah stop. Ye could be in Phoenix. :P The mercury hit 47 degrees there yesterday & its supposed to be knocking on the door of 50 degrees today in Vegas.

Fifty degrees ! Great googley moogely ! :eek:

God help any boardsies who are there on hollier. That will be some farmers tan that they'll be bringing home with them. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It's cooler here this weekend than it's been for a while, and I am so grateful! Last couple of weeks we went to the playground at 7am and back inside by 8.30am because it got too hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

It's pretty hot in San Francisco as well, but tolerable, there is a nice breeze that takes the edge off - was talking to a friend who was driving up to Sacramento, said it was getting close to 42 up there.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah stop. Ye could be in Phoenix. :P The mercury hit 47 degrees there yesterday & its supposed to be knocking on the door of 50 degrees today in Vegas.

Fifty degrees ! Great googley moogely ! :eek:

I am in Phoenix. This is my second summer here, so far. Moved here in February 2012

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I am in Phoenix. This is my second summer here, so far. Moved here in February 2012

Ah ye'll be grand. Sure isn't it a dry heat? ;)

( Seriously, you have my permission to kick anyone who says that to you in the nads ! :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

( Seriously, you have my permission to kick anyone who says that to you in the nads ! :P )

o mios dios Que calor!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'd swap 100 in Phoenix for my 90 in New York any day of the week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Ponster wrote: »

Agreed - I was in Vegas a few weeks and it was 115 and was fine, landed back in NY and it was 85 and i was sweating my ass off.

Give me the dry heat anytime!:D

• Advertisement

crapmanjoe wrote: »
    Agreed - I was in Vegas a few weeks and it was 115 and was fine, landed back in NY and it was 85 and i was sweating my ass off.

Give me the dry heat anytime!:D

The hottest I had felt was 115 until this year. It hit 119 where I live in the Valley. It was a much more intense heat than I had ever felt. I also have spent a lot of time in Florida. I would take the usual heat of 90-110 in Phoenix over 80 in Florida due to the lack of humidity. But there comes a point when the intensity of the heat and tempature here outweighs the heat over there.

I can't even imagine what 119 must feel like.

108 in Vegas and Phoenix was the hottest I've experienced. In NYC when it gets hot the air feels like soup and I have a tendency to conduct conference calls from home in my boxers. When it was 108 in Vegas I remember thinking that I much preferred it to NYC but at the same time a little voice kept on reminding me that 108F had a much higher chance of killing me than 90F :)

Does it though? You sweat more when its mega humid, than you do in a dry heat. So your body would dehydrate quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Does it though? You sweat more when its mega humid, than you do in a dry heat. So your body would dehydrate quicker.

You also dont lose weight in a wet heat. Just adding that in for the dieters.

Dry heat is way better than NYC heat.

hsIuoQP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

The hottest I had felt was 115 until this year. It hit 119 where I live in the Valley. It was a much more intense heat than I had ever felt. I also have spent a lot of time in Florida. I would take the usual heat of 90-110 in Phoenix over 80 in Florida due to the lack of humidity. But there comes a point when the intensity of the heat and tempature here outweighs the heat over there.

119 in Vegas? Hottest on record is 117 and it hasn't reached over that yet.

It's hot but not unbearable. I went in my pool and 11 30pm the last night and it was still over 100 Fahrenheit. Gorgeous!
    This is why I moved here. A proper summer.

Ps. Stay away from Death Valley. It's supposed to be over 130 degrees. That is hot!!

119 in Vegas? Hottest on record is 117 and it hasn't reached over that yet.

It's hot but not unbearable. I went in my pool and 11 30pm the last night and it was still over 100 Fahrenheit. Gorgeous!
    This is why I moved here. A proper summer.

Ps. Stay away from Death Valley. It's supposed to be over 130 degrees. That is hot!!

I'm in Arizona

hsIuoQP.jpg

Very true. You watch the latest Arrested Development? Micheal decides to move to Phoenix and burns his hand on the door handle of the cab at the airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

well...karl the fog is back with a passion....thick fog an 60f in the sunset area this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'm in Arizona

Yeah you guys are getting some highs. It's funny, the 'lows' here at the moment are higher than the highs in moat areas. Supposed to break this weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Hey, quit yer whining - try Palms Springs and camping at the Coachella festival in only April.

The 127F is the internal tent temp and the max was achieved inside the truck cab.

cLArgEe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Seattle.

Our apartment (south facing top floor flat roof) never got below 82 degrees last night.

Eugh. Fans in every window. We've considered going and buying a portable a/c but its supposed to be cooler tomorrow. Thats the thing about Seattle, the heat waves never last more than three or four days.

A couple of years ago the overnight LOW was in the 90's. Thats fun with no a/c. We kept spritz bottles in the fridge and stood ni front of the fan spritzing cool water.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Our apartment (south facing top floor flat roof) never got below 82 degrees last night.

That for me has always been the hardest thing. Heat in the day is fine and you can take action or adjust your life to suit but if you don't have good a/c then sleeping can be a nightmare.

I was in Paris in 2003 when 14000 people died. Yes the 40C was extreme but the fact that it never dropped below 28C at night for a week is what is blamed for the deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

Seattle.

Eugh. Fans in every window. We've considered going and buying a portable a/c but its supposed to be cooler tomorrow. Thats the thing about Seattle, the heat waves never last more than three or four days.

A couple of years ago the overnight LOW was in the 90's. Thats fun with no a/c. We kept spritz bottles in the fridge and stood ni front of the fan spritzing cool water.

When we moved over 2 years ago & bought our house, it came with AC.
    I laughed at it and swore I'd never need to use it.
    That lasted half way through last summers heat wave.
    I've had it on since Sunday morning this time around.

Last night was perfect. And this morning there's some light clouds and its cooler. Relief...

MadsL wrote: »
    Hey, quit yer whining - try Palms Springs and camping at the Coachella festival in only April.

The 127F is the internal tent temp and the max was achieved inside the truck cab.

Official Temperature readings should be from a standard sized enclosure thats ventilated and shaded. Which means its always much higher in direct sunlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevenson_screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

We're sitting at lovely 25 degree weather all week here in San Diego. Watching the thermostat, it hasn't gone above 27 degrees, keeping all windows and doors open :)

To add in, I've been receiving a lot of emails from home about the scorching weather in Kildare also, getting up into the high 20s. That's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I hear Carlow hit a new high with 31C today!
    Plaasant spring day that is, in Arkansas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Official Temperature readings should be from a standard sized enclosure thats ventilated and shaded. Which means its always much higher in direct sunlight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevenson_screen

127 F was inside a canvas ventilated tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

We've been lucky so far in Cincinnati....hasn't broken 100 yet.....this time last year we were in the middle of a stretch of 15 consecutive days about 100F

Advertisement