Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damn its hot.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Up in Tahoe, it hit 100

Back in the bay area....it was 60 when we got home yesterday at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Up in Tahoe, it hit 100

Back in the bay area....it was 60 when we got home yesterday at 2pm

Coldest Summer I ever spent....dammit, i'm up in SF in a couple of weeks.

MadsL wrote: »
    Coldest Summer I ever spent....dammit, i'm up in SF in a couple of weeks.

Ahh it isn't too bad. I live in the Sunset district, which is notoriously cold and foggy (like this morning for instance)

Downtown is usually warmer, but there are loads of microclimates - you need layers as the weather can change from block to block

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Looks like our summer is about to kick off....July 4th was a wash out, but there's no rain in the forecast after Thursday and temps quickly heading towards 100F......of course after all the rain recently, even the 90 we have today is painful with close to 100% humidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

we are getting between the 80s and 90s in the midwest with plenty of thunderstorms. humidity is BRUTAL as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Not liking the cloudy weather in New England for the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    we are getting between the 80s and 90s in the midwest with plenty of thunderstorms. humidity is BRUTAL as well.

We've only been here about 3 weeks and the humidity is hard to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Just got back to Seattle from Vegas where it varied between 100 and 110.

Amazing to see people out on the street in full muppet costumes giving out leaflets to pedestrians when its 110 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Just got back to Seattle from Vegas where it varied between 100 and 110.

Amazing to see people out on the street in full muppet costumes giving out leaflets to pedestrians when its 110 degrees.

Bunch of muppets!

It is fun though to watch the weather reports here in the US....they do love to exaggerate everything.

I heard the best report ever last week.....they warned us that we were going to get "blinding, tropical storm style, torrential downpours of rain"......in Ohio

• Advertisement

It is fun though to watch the weather reports here in the US....they do love to exaggerate everything.

I heard the best report ever last week.....they warned us that we were going to get "blinding, tropical storm style, torrential downpours of rain"......in Ohio

Same here, what in Ireland would be called a "band of rain" gets termed a "storm". It usually is a bit of rain that comes in around 6 am and is out the way by 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Same here.. every time there is the smallest chance of a tornado they go crazy for a day beforehand. But worse is the winter: chance of a single snow flake which melts as soon as it his the ground: Winter storm! And people believe it too, and stockpile water and bread...

Nothing like going to the grocery store and get anything at all when the entire communtiy is stocking up on a months supply of milk and bread because of the slight chance of a couple of inches of snow the next day.

Advertisement