Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renaming Hotmail account

Options
  • 30-06-2013 12:18am

I have a Hotmail account that goes back to 2001. Since the move to Outlook.com you're now given the option of adding an outlook.com or outlook.ie alias to the account, or to rename it entirely. I added an outlook.ie alias but I think I'd rather do away with the Hotmail address entirely as I don't really like it now. I have conflicting information about whether this can be easily done though.

This says that you need to delete the alias, wait 30 days for it to become available again, then rename the account; hoping that it doesn't get taken by someone else after it becomes available but before you rename it. However, this says you can just delete the alias and rename the account.

Does anyone know which one is correct?

Advertisement