Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What activity is best for toning?

• 30-06-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

I'm looking to tone up a bit but I am not in to the gym and weights, machines etc. I'd love to do an activity that would help tone me up but doesn't involve going to the gym or using machines. I do run also for the cardio side but I don't find it really tones. I'm a keen swimmer so I don't know if I tried to do that a bit more regularly if that might be a good option.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I'm looking to tone up a bit but I am not in to the gym and weights, machines etc. I'd love to do an activity that would help tone me up but doesn't involve going to the gym or using machines. I do run also for the cardio side but I don't find it really tones. I'm a keen swimmer so I don't know if I tried to do that a bit more regularly if that might be a good option.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Swimming, cycling, Pilates, even certain types of Yoga can be great for muscle strengthening and toning but the main area to look at what ever activity you do would be your diet as this will have a major impact your body composition.

There are some great nutrition threads in the Health and Fitness forum that would be worth a look

Advertisement