Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickstarter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Heart Forth, Alicia: an attractive-looking Metroidvania game that has been in development on & off since 2007(!); it seems the KS project is to finally push it out the door by paying some pros to finish it. The art and animations look pretty good & the goal isn't exorbitant:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184202489/heart-forth-alicia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

And just after me complaining about no more 3DS version I get a project update email and its back on for the 3DS version!!! WOOOOP!!!!

So its now on all systems if goal is met, nice one!

So, I hope this isnt a re-post but, Cult Country by Renegade Kid is up on Kickstarter at the moment. It was meant to be a 3DS exclusive but no longer is and now they want to put it on all systems. Its interesting and I have put $20 towards it, but god damn, that goal is crazy high now at $580,000 with 16 days to go, as of now $37,855 has been pledged.

But I want the game!

Here's the link to it https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2029149553/cult-county-by-renegade-kid

Sorry again if this is a re-post but this needs all the support it can get right now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chaos Reborn hit it's target anyway, delighted with that. Got to 210 thousand dollars, first target was 180 thousand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Some Kickstarters take off fast. This one has already met its goal, and looks quite good. It'll be for PC and PS4 (It'll hit the PS4 milestone pretty quick at this rate).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184202489/heart-forth-alicia

• Advertisement

Update on Heart Forth Alicia here:

b50d82c1423f8d970dc3f1e8e01169d0_large.png?1398304647

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this game looks really good, will need alot of last minute backers to reach it's target though

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/397981048/pixel-noir-pc-mac-ios-android-ps4-vita

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

they missed a letter out at 1:48

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Pretty neat looking supernatural-themed Action RPG, Witchmarsh.

• Advertisement

Fist of Awesome predated this thread I believe but it was an early Kickstarter success and finally got its PC release day.

It's currently on sale for $3.99 and that nets you a PC and mobile key.

I'm slacking, hadn't posted in this thread in 3 weeks :P

So, Shiness has made its goal and now has 7 days in which to make:

$40,000 for a PS4/One release.
    $50,000 for New Game+, special notorious and monster quests
    $70,000 Wii U release

More info here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438269196/shiness/posts/860862

The FranknJohn Kickstarter from Dublin based BitSmith Games went live this morning.

Getting some nice early coverage from Eurogamer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Looks decent!

Shiness also looks good. I dont help out kickstarters and only in the last couple of days have been looking at it but it is very interesting.

Does anyone have a good place where I can read about success stories/ failures, specific to kickstarter? Like a good synopsis? Youtube videos? Not of kickstarter trailers but events that have been significant on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Kyotokid

Good luck to the bitSmith guys, we could use a Irish game Kickstarter success story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I supported this game this week,....Sheltered, post apocalyptic gamey type thing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/29211325/sheltered

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

InSomnia - Atmospheric single-player/co-op RPG set in a "living" dieselpunk sandbox with real-time tactical gameplay.

My latest backing and I hope it makes it. Looks very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Doesn't look like bitSmith Games will hit target unfortunately. But at least that guy got $30,000+ to make potato salad.....

🤪

The Deer God

Pretty looking Metroidvania style game where you play a deer through its lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

"There just aren't enough zombie/apocalypse survival sandbox games", said nobody ever. Survive the Nights has potential though. Saw it on Steam Greenlight ages ago and forgot about it until now, when RPS posted a small piece on it. If nothing else, the pledges are small enough to take a chance on - a £6 pledge will get you the finished game for example, and their low pricing strategy seems to have paid off already, with base funding targets already reached.

• Advertisement

Yeah, best of luck with this one.

Now this could be good - Hard West; a turn based tactical shooter, with a world map, exploration and RPG elements, all in a "weird west" setting. That is, an old west setting twisted into someting sinister.

In the words of lead game designer, Kacper Szymczak, "think X-Com combat with Heroes of Might and Magic world map".

Yeah, pretty sure I'm backing this.

I'm broke right now, but looks like it'll get to its goal easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Oak76 wrote: »
    Now this could be good - Hard West; a turn based tactical shooter, with a world map, exploration and RPG elements, all in a "weird west" setting. That is, an old west setting twisted into someting sinister.

In the words of lead game designer, Kacper Szymczak, "think X-Com combat with Heroes of Might and Magic world map".

Yeah, pretty sure I'm backing this.

This could be good. Its got my attention anyway..

Hitman meets Splinter Cell in a WWII/Cold War setting in Death to Spies 3. There's a demo available too apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

Oak76 wrote: »
    Hitman meets Splinter Cell in a WWII/Cold War setting in Death to Spies 3. There's a demo available too apparently.

I've been following that game for a while and have backed it. The first two games are very good. The new demo is worth playing too.

A few mates of mine just launched a Kickstarter for their local multiplayer pirate themed brawler, Mutiny!.

It's also on Steam Greenlight.

Uber Entertainment of Planetary Annihilation fame have a Kickstarter for their other project, Human Resources.

It looks absolutely awesome imo. Love the idea, the art direction, the tech behind it and the pitch itself.

RPS have done a write up on it here, Skynet Versus Cthulhu: Human Resources

The Kickstarter page itself is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

animaal wrote: »
    This game has me worried that it will take over my life. I played the original for the first time about 30 years ago, and have been playing it semi-regularly ever since.

For anybody who likes turn-based games, I'd recommend you give it a try. It's being made by the same guy who wrote the original in 1985, and the original XCom games.

Keep in mind it's a *very* early preview, but it has functional multiplayer gameplay.

Six months late but I had no idea of this! I must have also played Chaos for the first time 30 years ago. Most recently I wasted an hour on a flight last week playing it on my iPad. Epic game.

• Advertisement

The Black Glove.

Coming from ex Irrational Games developers.
    An eerie, surrealistic, first-person game experience by an independent team of developers who helped make BioShock Infinite & BioShock.

Welcome to The Equinox, an eerie 1920s theatre that appears unstuck from conventional reality. A venue pervaded by weird dream logic, inexplicable holes in space, unshielded x-ray art installations, and tasteful use of crushed velvet.

The Equinox has three creators in residence: the artist Marisol, the filmmaker Avery Arnault, and musical act Many Embers. Their work is in bad shape when you arrive and it's taken a strange, metaphysical toll on the theatre. Time flows backward in areas. Weird things peek out of once-sealed doorways. Unearthly music plays.

As the latest Curator, it falls to you to get The Equinox back on its feet. It's your job to change the creators' past to improve their work in the present. How? The hosts Hazel and Cribbage explain that there are "certain games of skill and chance that allow us to interact with... what you might call 'fourth-dimensional space.'"

Advertisement