Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling on books

• 30-06-2013 4:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Any ideas on a good place to offload ~30 books (mostly modern, popular novels in decent condition) in Dublin? Chapters seemed to be the go-to place in the past, but with all I'm hearing about them lately, I'd rather not have to deal with them.

Tried selling books on Adverts.ie before, but arranging to meet people to sell 2-3 books at a time wasn't worth it. Even if I can only get a couple of quid per book, I'd rather move as many in one go as possible...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

The only way I can think to have a numbe of books taken in at once is to go to a bookshop. In Dublin city centre I think your choice is basically Chapters in Parnell Street or the Secret Book and Record Store on Wicklow Street.

I think a lot of complaints people have when selling books is that the shop either won't take their book for some reason (thay have copies laready is typical) or the price they offer seems to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sharl

Yes they charge a fee but not until sold and you can make more on books than Chapters give you in city centre, some may not sell but I have put up a few and have had good luck so far and made more than I would in chapters as all books in good condition. They can also transfer money to accounts outside of England and you can sell not just on amazon.co.uk but 5 other European countries also

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

It depends on how much you want to make. I've sold job lots on adverts in the past (meaning only one collection/drop off) and they always see quickly... but only if at the right price. Might be an option of you just want a few quid and get it all done in the one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Who usually buys job lots? How big would they be?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

hooplah wrote: »
    Who usually buys job lots? How big would they be?

No specific type tbh- could be for personal use or could be to sell at carboot sales etc.
    No limits really either- I'd happily put 20+ in a job lot, or more if I just wanted to be rid of them. Chance your arm and see.

• Advertisement

Sharl wrote: »
    Yes they charge a fee but not until sold and you can make more on books than Chapters give you in city centre
    Just googled the fees. Is it really $40 per month flat fee, with sale fees on top of that?

You'd need to be a fairly serious seller to justify that cost.

Advertisement