Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing life in a max security US prison.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭worded

The death penalty should only be used on people who cause misery and rob more that 6 billion from people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Sirfartsalot

The best thing to do in that scenario would be to eat the most minimum food as possible. Like one meal every 3-4 days. Your body would enter a euphoric state after some time. You could spend the day meditating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

kneemos wrote: »
    You have to remain humane for the sake of humanity.

A balls to that , if you commit certain crimes I think you step out of the human race, premeditative murder etc , there for such people no longer deserve the same human rights as everyone else. its a furtherance of the restriction of liberty principal that jail already operates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

This is what a supermax prison really is. Hell on earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

does no one believe in rehab on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

does no one believe in rehab on boards
    You're asking this of a forum that recently seriously advocated the mass sterilisation of 'skangers'? I really wouldn't expect a nuanced discussion on rehabilitation versus deterrence here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Reekwind wrote: »
    You're asking this of a forum that recently seriously advocated the mass sterilisation of 'skangers'? I really wouldn't expect a nuanced discussion on rehabilitation versus deterrence here

at lest internets people aren't real people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

This is what a supermax prison really is. Hell on earth

No that's supermax Ayer square Saturday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm in favour of a cost effective death penalty. Strict time limit on appeals processes etc and get it over and done with.

Perhaps a system of induced comas (without ongoing medical monitoring) for repeat offenders to keep them off the streets. If they die while in the coma, then that's life.

Alternatively stick the crims into a massive freezer.

Like in Demolition Man. Didn't do Simon Phoenix much good :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

padser wrote: »
    The death penalty has no place ina civilised society. Period.

There are many many reasons for this, but the easiest one to explain is that all legal systems are fallible and therefore every single jurisdiction that has the death penalty executes innocent people.

Period :eek: Well I'd better watch you least you get grumpy on me :p

FACT!

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. You're also wrong. There are many, many cases where the DP would be suitable. Anders Behring Breivik, Fred & Rose West, the Moors Murders, Charlie Manson, and many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Like in Demolition Man. Didn't do Simon Phoenix much good :pac:

Yeah, but we'd throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Yeah, but we'd throw away the key.
    The freezers would be costly to run though.
    They had the right idea in Escape from New York. Or just use Britain for a massive jail like John Malkovich wanted to do in Johnny English :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

OP describes solitary confinement, not the normal way a prisoner would spend life in a max security prison. As far as I'm aware solitary is generally used as punishment for misbehaving while in prison rather than the actual sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

The freezers would be costly to run though.
    They had the right idea in Escape from New York. Or just use Britain for a massive jail like John Malkovich wanted to do in Johnny English :pac:

Yeah, the freezers are just a front. We freeze dry them then chuck them into furnace.

Advertisement